Beso Del Sol Resort
$124
$118
$133
HIExpress.com
Palm Court Motel(Dunedin)(Great Value!)
$95
$135
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel Cabana Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$146
The Island Cay Hotel - Clearwater Beach(Clearwater)(Great Value!)
$162
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfree bikeshot tubfree shothoneymoon islandoffice staffstudio roomfourth floorpinellas trailbeautiful watertiki bar and grillwaterfront roomclearwater beachfishing polessized refrigeratorlive musicdowntown dunedinsmall kitchen
Reviewed October 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at Beso del Sol Resort October 17 -20. The location is wonderful right on the water of St. Joseph Sound and 10 minutes from Clearwater Beach or beaches of Honeymoon and Caladesi Islands. It is also 5 minutes from downtown Dunedin where there are great restaurants and shops. We were in town for a family event and the resort was perfectly located to where we needed to be. We rented a studio unit directly from the owner on vacationrentals.com. The room was clean and the kitchenette well-stocked with dishes, cookware and untensils, etc. Our room faced the water and had a great view. We enjoyed the tiki bar (though the beer was a tad pricey) and the bartender was very friendly but it could have been better stocked with a better selection of liquors and beer. We understand this will get better when the restaurant opens in December, 2009. The weather was a bit cool while we were there so we did not check out the two pools, but they looked great from the balcony. The price was right also....we paid $75 a night.

We did have a few complaints about this room though. First, the bed was not comfortable and very creaky. Everytime either my husband or I would turn over we'd wake the other because the bed was so loud. It also made trying to have a little romance uncomfortable. Someone previous tried to stuff some towels between the headboard and the mattress to stop the creaking, but that didn't do any good. Second, the door to the room was made of frosted glass that (i) let in all the light from the light fixture directly overhead outside the door so the room wasn't dark at night, and (ii) the sun shown right through the door first thing in the morning so sleeping in was hard because it was so bright. We ended up covering the door with a blanket every night to block out the light. Finally, the towels left a lot to be desired. They were very small and somewhat threadbare. You could also tell that the towels had once been a darker color but the color has faded from so much use. If you can, bring your own towels.

Because of the fantastic location, I would consider staying here again but would rent a different unit and hope the bed and towel situation improved.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JNOCO
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We've just returned after a pleasant week in a one bedroom condo at Beso Del Sol Resort in Dunedin, Florida; and we were extremely please with our experience.

Location:

At first I was a little concerned that the resort is not on the beach (the closest beach being Honeymoon Island, which is about a five minute drive from the resort); but the resort is right on St. Joesph Sound so we always had a view of the water.

The parking lot was well lit at night and we always felt safe. There were no ‘undesirables’ hanging around and no peddlers pushing their wares.

There are plenty of shops and quaint restaurants just down the street from the resort; there is also a Publix grocery store nearby. Clearwater Beach and Pier 60 are only a ten minute drive and, to be honest, if we would have stayed in Clearwater, I don't think I would have enjoyed dealing with all the traffic, crowds, and noise. I preferred the quiet and uncrowned atmosphere of Dunedin.

Accommodations:

As mentioned, we had a one bedroom condo. Our room was configured in that when we entered the condo, one bath was off to the right and then a small hallway lead into the main bedroom with a king bed, TV, and, oddly enough, the kitchen area. Off to the left were a second full bath and a small living area with a sofa bed and another TV. There was a sliding door that separated the living spaces. There was also a balcony off the main bedroom.

The condo was as spotless as possible. No bugs, no dust bunnies in the corner, nothing. The beds were pretty comfortable and there were even Bed & Bath brand shampoo, shower gel, etc. in each of the bathrooms.

The kitchen area consisted of a two burner stove, a small sink, microwave, and a fridge. There was no oven. Counter space was very limited but we made do. Pots, pans, silverware, and bowls were furnished.

If I have to say something negative about the condo it would be that the decor needs updating a little. Bamboo furniture and tropical bedspreads are really out. Not that it was revolting or anything. With a little sprucing up, the rooms could have a much more upscale appearance. It definitely didn’t have a luxurious look to it.

The resort had two heated pools (which really didn’t need to be heated) and one hot tub. Two finger piers jutted out into the sound and, at the end of one there is a nice sitting area. One night we watched a group of manatees swimming around. There is also a small tiki bar by the pool/pier area. During the day and into the early evening there was live music by the pools…nice touch.

Overall it was a very nice stay. No, the resort isn’t a five-star facility but it doesn’t claim to be. For the amount we paid ($89 for the WEEK…through a friend’s time share arrangement), it was hard to beat. The rack rate listed on the back of the door said that the weekly rate is normally $1500. To be honest, if had paid that much, I would have been honked off; but I have no grounds to whine based on what we paid. I mean it was clean, comfortable, in a great area, and safe. Can’t ask for much more.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Linerguy
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Beso Des sol! what more can I say other than a place to relax in the sun, convenient to any local Beach, staff is so very friendly, rooms are a plus/plus. any client has their choice of what type room they would ever need. I have never been more comfortablem in any place where I stay in my work Travels. I am staying for 3 months, with surety I will not want to leave when I have to move on. A place where I wanted to stay but felt it was out of budget reach,a friend pushed me to make the call to a certain number. NIcole gave Me a price within my budget, I went to look and it was the place I wanted. I got the desire of my heart at Beso des Sol. make sure You stay when You are in the area

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank experiencecarl
Reviewed February 3, 2009

After reading the review above from 2008, we were somewhat apprehensive. We are two seniors from VA, with one dog.
What a nice surprise. The place is completely renovated, we have a 1 bedroom because we are here a month. Some new & older furnishings, all clean and stylish, with TV's in both rooms, and ample drawer space for clothing. Nice large closet in the bedroom. There is one bath and a small kitchenette (microwave, stovetop, refrig. and storage, a dinning table (seats 2-4), and pullout couch (with bedding provided), end tables, etc. The room service is fine; although the office is closed after 5PM, so if checking in after 5PM, a key is left in a lock-box, which seems to work o.k. There is an emergency number but I expect most requests have to wait until the next day unless you can find one of the housekeepers who live here. The back balcony (we are in the building on the right), has a lovely view through the trees of the Gulf. There are chairs and a small table on both decks. There are two pools (one heated), and a Jacuzzi, overlooking the Gulf. There are places to tie up your boat as well. Bikes are available for rental. We are one block from the Pinellas Trail, a (safe) flat 45-mile long trail that is great for walks and biking (don't think we will be doing the whole 45 miles from here to St. Petersburg-ha!!). There are shopping, restaurants, beaches, and just about anything anyone needs while staying here. We have only just gotten started with all the activities. This is the first review on any place where we have stayed in the winter, but thought the above comment from 2008 should be updated, as it was what made us apprehensive in the first place. PS-there are no alligators close to this location.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 012310a
Reviewed October 27, 2008

Room rather small but actually very nice. I didn"t like the fact that office closed at 5:00 and no-one was there until morning. Wide open to the public so you didn't feel totally safe at night. Still remodeling but not too disturbing. I only found 1 washer and dryer in laundry room on 3rd. floor. Never did manage to connect my computer to thier internet service. Rented unit directly from the owner of the unit through VRBO.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Belle1952