“Extended Stay”

Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Dundee
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Large rooms - clean - quiet - no bugs - reasonably priced
I live in a hotel most of the year. Got kids get in the front near pools. I do not and I always ask for the back away from everyone else, less to put up with. This Red Roof is corporate owned, enough said. It is a bit different than the individually owned Red Roofs. No crock pots etc. You can cook in the microwave or grill outside. Pick your posin type thing. Good price for what you get.

Room Tip: I live in a hotel most of the year. Got kids get in the front near pools. I do not and I always ask...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Richard p

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed during the last week of June 2014 for a week. The service was excellent. There was some ongoing maintenance and sprucing up, but the workers were careful to not disturb the guests.The pool was real nice. They repainted the entire deck area around the pool, making sure not to get in the way of the guests. Our grandchildren live nearby and they came to the motel and swam with us just about every day. They brought us an extra bed at no charge for the kids and our king size bed was very comfortable. The AC, refrigerator, microwave all worked good too. I recommend this motel to anyone who will spend a lot of time at the motel. It is enjoyable and relaxing. The price was great and I have absolutely no complaints regarding the motel, it's staff or the maintenance and quality of the facility. You can see every day they are always working hard to upgrade the entire place. Overall i had a really great week staying there. I am already making plans to stay there on our next trip.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul G
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay here at Red Roof Inn Dundee-East Winter Haven. We have been working hard to bring this property to good standards and it is greatly appreciated when our valued customers take notice. We look forward to your return visit, if you are ever back in this area, and the hopes that you will find even more improvements.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn because of its location and price. We made a trip to Orlando to visit Universal Studios and Sea World. I booked two rooms for two different days of arrival and was hoping there were few to no glitches. We ran into a little snag with our reservations but those were quickly and expertly resolved by the morning clerk Phyllis. She made our stay absolutely perfect! Phyllis handled all our reservation issues, printed e-tickets for us for Sea World, and kept a delightful and professional manner about herself. Red Roof Inn has a gem of an employee in Phyllis! She had one of our rooms exchanged when we were out and about during the day. (mini fridge not cold). Both of our rooms were Very Clean. The beds were very comfortable and all lighting and fixtures worked properly. Our room, with a King size bed, was enormous! There is plenty of room to stretch out and relax. We had a chair with a small coffee table, in room hair dryer, iron with full ironing board and Love the Flat screen TV with plenty to watch on cable!
This property is located about 45 mins away from Disney World, Universal Studios and Sea World. If you don't mind the extra driving you can save yourself some money by staying a little farther away and use the money you saved at one of the Parks. Don't forget, Pets Stay Free!!!
This property is undergoing renovations so you may encounter some growing pains with it. Would stay here again if my travels ever take me that way again.! Thanks for everything Phyllis!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for your kind remarks! We appreciate knowing our hard work is paying off. I especially like hearing such great remarks about our valued employees. Rest assured they will be passed on to all the staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit here with us at Red Roof Inn Dundee-East Winter Haven here in Central Florida's "Water Ski Capitol of the World."

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel while traveling the end of May and found it to be reasonably priced, clean and quiet. The front desk staff was nice, and overall my stay was great! I love that this hotel chain allows dogs without a stupid fee, so I'll always seek them out! They are reasonably priced, and Ive never had any problems to really complain about from staying in one. They are in the process of remodling, so I think the restaurant was closed.

Room Tip: I always try to get a non smoking bottom floor 2 queen bed room...just my preference!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This Is A very Nice Hotel. The Restaurant Was Being Repaired And Is Not Open. The Pool is Awesome. They Offer Brighthouse Cable with Over 50 Channels Of TV. The Hotel Recd a LOWER rating Then The Sister Property In Kissimmee,Which I Stayed at as Well and Am Reviewing. The Fact That This Hotel Has a Lower Rating Is an Injustice. The Staff are Wonderful. (The Kissimmee Staff was Horrible!) Both Ahmed And Phyllis The FD Clerks were Awesome. The Ice Machines Were out, but they promptly filled up my ice,provided coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby,which is lovely decorated and the room was awesome with an ice cold a/c,fridge and micro,nice furnishings,comfy beds. The hotel also has a laundromat to do your laundry. This is only 35min from disney and if u wanna go to legoland,it's only 5 min from there,personally it's a better hotel then the red roof kissimmee,u can't beat the location of the kissimmee propert,but if u wanna stay in a nice quiet hotel,and make a lil xtra drive to the parks the rr dundee is a vg choice.

Room Tip: rooms in rear,has area to walk your dog.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Red Roof is a quality, affordable and pet friendly hotel. They have taken a very run down hotel and turned it around. It is a much needed hotel on highway 27 in the central Florida. I was satisfied with my stay there over Memorial weekend.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. We value our customer remarks and use them as a guide to better our property. With that in mind, we look forward to your return visit so that you may continue to see our improvements. Our next major step is the opening of our on property restaurant & Bar, The WildFire BarBQue & Grill. We are also planning a Dog Park on the property to better service our clients who travel with all of their 'family' members.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I rented a room at this Red Roof Inn last minute, because everything but the Hilton in Lake Wales was booked. The first room we were put in seemed relatively tidy, but when I took a shower, it did not drain at all, and I ended up ankle deep in water. So, we had the night desk attendant move us to another room with a working drain. After moving all of our stuff to the new room, I pulled back the comforter on the bed, only to see the sheets and pillow cases covered in human and cat/dog hair. Not only was this really disgusting, but I have severe allergies. I sent my husband to the front desk again to get clean sheets, and when he got back he went to the bathroom only to discover the toilet didn't flush. At this point we gave up and prepared for a long, sleepless night. The next day we complained to the desk attendant, who assured us we would not be charged the full cost. The manager would take care of it when he came in Monday. However, they charged us fully anyways, and despite three calls, one of which was with the actual manager, I have gotten the run-around and the charge still stands as is. We are currently taking action through our credit card company to dispute it. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Sarah W
Kathy B, Director of Sales at Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hello, Sarah,
We are sorry that our hotel did not meet up to your expectations. Per our discussion Friday I assured you a refund had been processed. We work very hard to keep our rooms up to client standards and depend upon our clientele to let us know when we fail...or when we exceed. Please don't hesitate to contact me personally if your are back in this area and allow us the opportunity to win back your trust in our establishment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dundee
Budget Inn of Winter Haven
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
#1 of 16 in Winter Haven

Been to Blue Inn Winter Haven East - Dundee? Share your experiences!