Tripadvisor
Duck Key
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews main pool dolphin experience sunset village kids club bedroom villa the main hotel lagoon area tranquility pool salt water lagoon adult only pool fire pit paddle boards and kayaks family vacation private pool dolphin connection the florida keys middle keys
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On January 20, 2020, my wife and I called the Hawks Cay Resort 800 number with inquiries about the resort, the rooms, charges, etc. a woman by the name of Kate answered the phone and from the first minute we spoke to her we knew that we got the right person on the line. She answered every conceivable question we had and she had unlimited knowledge of not only the resort but the areas surrounding Ducks Key, Marathon and Key West. We were on the phone with her for close to 40 minutes and she never seemed annoyed, bothered by our questions and she had a great personality to the point of joking going back and forth between her and my wife and I.

Needless to say, if Kate is any indication of how our vacation at Hawks Cay Resort in March is going to be, then us and the other two couples going are going to have a great time.

KATE, THANKS AGAIN!!!

Date of stay: January 2020
HotelMgmt1, General Manager at Hawks Cay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for letting us know how Kate is already making your experience a wonderful one, even before your arrival! We are so excited to be welcoming you to Hawks Cay Resort in March and we hope that you will have an excellent time enjoying everything that our resort has to offer!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I recently visited for a 4 night getaway! We were in a double queen bed room, and the room was very nice! Our room had a relaxing balcony too. For three of the days, I walked to the very clean fitness room that is connected to the spa. I was nicely greeted each time! The pirate ship and kids area is outstanding too! This resort has multiple pools with an adult only section. The resort offers many excursions as well. The food is pricey, but that’s what you expect when vacationing in the keys. I liked the grab and go marketplace area where there are multiple options of food and drinks to grab on the go! Even though my husband and I didn’t use the valet parking, we were nicely greeted each time we walked though the doors, and if the valet wasn’t assisting someone else, the doors were commonly opened for us. The tiki bar is a nice area to get a drink or to order some food. It’s a nice spot to socialize a little or a lot depending on your mood! :) There is a Starbucks in the cute gift shop which was a very nice perk too! Overall, we would definitely vacation here again!

2  Thank Kehnle

Thank you for your very thoughtful and detailed review of our resort! We are delighted that you found so much to enjoy while you were with us and we appreciate your mention of how our staff made you feel welcome and cared for during your stay. Starbucks in the morning is favorite for many of our guests and we are happy that we could help to start your morning off right. We definitely hope that you will be back to see us again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you to Patruca and the catering team for being so mindful of my dietary restrictions!!! I appreciated how concerned they were and that they found me each day to make sure I was taken care of. It meant a lot!

Trip type: Traveled on business

We know how having dietary restrictions can put limitations on your travel choices and we do not want that to be the case here at Hawks Cay Resort! Thank you for your lovely mention of Patricia and our catering team and how they made sure that you were able to have the best experience possible. We certainly hope that another occasion will bring you back to visit with us again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here over Christmas for three nights. We both travel a lot and have been to many, many resorts in the Caribbean. The view, room, and facilities are nice. The food is awful for the price they charge, I would compare it to the quality you may find at Applebee’s. Two gentlemen that work the lobby bar are fantastic and were the highlight of our disappointing trip to hawks cay. The servers at the restaurants had no knowledge of menus or drinks and we found most to be kind of rude. After a disappointing experience to the supposed nicest restaurant on the resort the manager told us that they would comp our dinner bill. When we received our final bill on check out day our dinner bill was never comped but the gal at the front desk made it right on our bill. Than when I went to the desk with my gf to make our final payment they proceeded to tell us they made a mistake and we really owed for the dinner. We asked to speak to a manager and they said one would call us ASAP, meanwhile we never agreed to any charges. Two days went by without a phone call and they just went ahead and charged my girlfriends credit card without any confirmation. Still to this day refusing to return any of our phone calls.. very poor management, and very poor business practices. While standing in line I witnessed many other people complaining about something.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank cheesehead1989

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. While we are delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations, we are disappointed to learn that your expectations were not met in regards to our culinary offerings and service. We strive to go above and beyond to make every stay exceptional and apologize if we fell short during your visit. We regret that we haven't connected yet and encourage you to reach out to us directly so we may discuss your experience further. We hope to have the chance to change your lasting impression.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Sean is the best bartender we ever had in the whole wide world!! Taking the minute to honor him was a must!!! We’ll definitely be back and that’s only because of him. He was helpful, very knowledgeable and took very good of us!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We greatly appreciate you letting us know how much your bartender, Sean, added to the experience that you had at Hawks Cay Resort! Thank you for coming to stay with us and we hope that you will be back again, very soon!