“Beautiful outdoor resort, disappointing Rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawks Cay Resort

Hawks Cay Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Duck Key
Jupiter, Florida
“Beautiful outdoor resort, disappointing Rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The Lobby area, restaurants and Pool area are wonderful. However, the rooms that they
gave us were in need of repair. The Chair and carpeting in the room were stained, the bottom of the bathroom door was broken up. The Hallway of our building had not been vacuumed in a long time. We had water view rooms...the only thing we saw was a large Palm tree directly in front of our Balcony. I would not stay here again. I do have friends who stayed here, and apparently, they were given a wonderful room. They booked the same style room we did.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Polish first
United Sates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Took a spontaneous trip to the Keys with some friends and stayed at Hawks Cay resort. We intended on staying in a 2/2 condo but stayed in a 2/2 villas. Due to our reservation mix up, one of the front agents named Stewart was very nice enough to upgrade us to one of their newer villas that included a guest room. All I can say about our villa was Wow! It was extremely nice! Every room had flat screens in it including the guest room. Plus there was a kitchenette and a washer/dryer which was upstairs. The beds were very comfortable and extremely spacious! Furthermore, the back of the villas was even nicer. There's a lot of space where you can do different things like barbeque plus there's a little lake area where you can dock a boat if you have one. If you have a big family and want some space, I suggest renting their villas. The villa felt like a little home. My friends and I loved it so much that we considered staying another night. As for the resort, it was beautiful! There are about 5 pools, including an adult pool called Tranquil. There's a place for kids to Kayak and snorkel. In addition, the kids can also enjoy feeding and watching the dolphins play. The resort is a perfect setting for honeymooners and family and kids. There are plenty of activities to do such as jet skiing, snorkeling, boating, etc. We had the buffet style breakfast which was great. We ordered food by the pool, which took us some time to get a server. But as soon as we found a server to assist us, the food came in a reasonable time. Our server, Rupert, was extremely nice and made us laugh a few times. He was also able to scare away the Seagulls who were anxiously waiting to get our food. So if you order food by the pool, please watch out for the hungry, aggressively flying Seagulls. My overall experience at Hawks Cay resort was very GOOD. The staff was very helpful, the villa was extremely nice, and the poolside was amazingly beautiful! I suggest if you want a great, relaxing experience to stay here. My friends and I had a great experience that we will be back next month. This was the best spontaneous road trip I ever had, that turned out Amazing!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MiSarah305
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

The resort has an incredible location with ocean views and two pools (including a quiet pool of guests over 21). The resort has great food an uber-friendly staff, plus snorkel trips and a sunset cruise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at the resort in late April 2013. Great place with a beautiful hotel, friendly staff, beautiful pool and lagoon. Our room was very spacious and nice. We liked the central location of Duck Key and we traveled to Big Pine Key, Marathon and Islamarada to enjoy the islands. The only draw back is the food at the hotel restaurants is over priced and not of very good quality for what you get. We traveled from the hotel for great meals elsewhere. We did the Dolphin Connection which was fun and we had great interaction with the Dolphins.

Room Tip: We were in a Island view room with fit in our budget - it would have been nice to have a water view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
plantation
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

my wife and I stayed there on business,once we arrived we found out the front desk cancelled our reservation! after some time we finally got our room.I know I called to say I was running late. the room we recieved was spacious and well appointed.
I don't really stay in a hotel for the view I only concider it a secondary perk.the roof and air conditioners where a great treat.
The food in the main hall was fair not at all anything to write about.the service was not good (it wasnt terrible.it just wasn't good) enough said.

the food and drink prices are what you might find at a typical resort of this nature,
the pools where nice there was 3 1 adult one for familys and one lagoon, the adult one was packed! the family one was larger and easier to manuver the lagoon was nice to swim in.
at night they had live music playing next to the fire pit which was very relaxing.
our room attendant was very nice and saw to our needs.
the carpeting in the hallways was Very dirty and looked like it has not been vaccumed for some time.
personally if it wasnt for business i would not have stayed there if i knew what I had experianced.

I expected a lot more from a resort of this caliber.

Room Tip: ask for one with a view of the atlantic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Blue Point, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

eview: My wife booked a few nights stay for our Easter vacation with the family. The townhouse is EXACTLY as shown in the photos! Everything was beautifully decorated and clean as could be. Hawks Cay is the best resort in the Keys and this unit is as beautiful inside as the resort is outside. Only complaint was a cold snap that dropped the temperature during our stay. Still had a wonderful time and our kids are discovering what my wife and I love about the Keys. We all can't wait to return. Thanks for everything!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

First visit to the keys what beautiful island and villa complex stated in a newly refurbished 2 bed villa, clean and beautifully refurbished, pool right outside the back yard so you didn't have to go to the main one, food from hotel was a munch a little pricey but what you would expect to pay at a hotel and with marathon 10 mins down the road with a large choice of restaurants and super markets food choices are endless, we had pizza delivered to us from the hawks cay pizzeria which was one of the best pizzas I have had in my life a great family holiday with the luxuries thrown in. Staff helpful would love to visit again xx

• Stayed March 2013
Village at Hawks Cay Villas by Keys Caribbean
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Courtyard Marathon Florida Keys
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Hawks Cay Resort? Share your experiences!