“50th Birthday Getaway”
Review of Hawks Cay Resort

Hawks Cay Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Duck Key
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Two college friends and I recently spent 4 days at Hawk's Cay Resort to celebrate our 50th birthdays. (March 1-March4, 2013) It was an amazing experience! The resort staff are so friendly and helpful. Everyone we came in contact with had a smile on their face and were willing to make our trip as enjoyable as possible. The facility was gorgeous, very clean, and had an abundance of activities to participate in, if you so chose. Even though our weather was colder than normal for the Keys, we still enjoyed our visit, finding many other ways to have a good time. We planned spa visits, which were so relaxing. I especially want to mention Bonny, who performed my body scrub. She was pleasant, personable, and made me feel very comfortable. Bonny is an asset to this resort! We also dined in two of the on property restaurants. Tios had fantastic Mexican food! We truly enjoyed it and received excellent service from Stephanie. Also, we ate at the terrace restaurant, located beside the main pool. The food was good, but it was the service we received from Beth that made our dinner extra special! We arrived late, having been delayed by a major accident on Route 1. We were hungry and tired, but soon forgot about that, since Beth was so personable and fun to talk to. She suggested many local attractions for us to visit during our trip. We took her up on many of them. They were well worth it! All three of us are talking about returning to the Keys in the future, and we will most definitely stay at Hawk's Cay again!!!!!

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms with the open shower (I'm assuming it was a handicap room). The whole flo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,854)

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Hawks Cay has a Dolphin Discovery center, and the Keys have great fishing, so this resort was a natural for my family. The condo where we stayed had a small private pool in the back, and there was a shuttle bus that took us back and forth to the main hotel each day.

The food in the hotel restaurant was very good, especially the buffett breakfast in the morning. Entertainment is available at night, also. We found ourselves venturing out of the resort to experience some of the local favorites at various restaurants in the Keys, also.

We really had a wonderful experience with the dolphins. It was unforgettable. We flew into Miami, and it was a couple of hours drive to the resort, but seeing the dolphins made the long trip worthwhile.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank HappyTrails117
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay, it was lovely and had every thing, the staff where great, lovely food, clean and spot on. Great for family's, friends or couples. We were looked after. I didn't use the spa as the prices were a little expensive. I did use the gym where the spa is based, and it looked lovely. Te only thing thing I can fault is people in the gym should a bind 30 minute rule for equipment

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank liz013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife, daughter and I stayed at Hawks Cay for 5 days. The Hawks Cay property is delightful, and the staff were outstanding. I fished, my daughter dove the waters, and my wife 'relaxed' - all of us enjoying our time at Duck Key. We stayed in the 'sunset' condos (not sure of the exact name) and used a two bedroom two bath unit. The unit was satisfactory - but quite worn and plain. Again, it was functional - just not what we expected from this prime location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is my second stay at Hawk's Cay. The first time I brought my kids. We all had a great time. We stayed in the villas. We had a Jacuzzi in the patio. The place was decorated so nice.
The second trip was just me and my husband. Friends of ours met us there. It was their first time. We stayed in a room. The room was beautifully decorated. The view overlooked the front of the hotel. We all had a wonderful time. We liked it so much that we are planning another trip to go back. It's a hotel that you can park your car and forget about it till you are ready to go home. Everyone is so happy and willing to help. Very clean!... That's a must for me. The views are spectacular! Now, I WANT TO GO BACK!!! Planning another trip in April...WHOO-HOO!!! Thank you Hawk's Cay,
Tonya and Chris R.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

My family has frequented Cheeca Lodge in eastern Islamorada for a number of years and Hawks Cay stacks up. Very similar family environment, great service, and most importantly you are in the most underated vacation spot, 'the keys'! live music on most nights is huge added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We arrived at Hawk's Key Resort about 7pm after an hour's drive from Key West. Since we came to the Keys to see the ocean, we were not happy with a car park room which we were given. The poor girl at the desk must have seen my distressed face, since she immediately offered a poolside and water view suite for no extra charge. We thought that was wonderful since it's a very expensive place in the first place. Rooms are lovely and great balconies! A high standard and we were happy to dine there. the food was very good. The private pool and cabanas for the over 21's is a lovely quiet area. The children's pool and lagoon worked well and was busy. Lovely beds!
I still have a hard time with the price of this place though! Especially since it is quite a drive from Key West. I'd recommend this place for two to three nights because it's just for rest and relaxation!
Nothing nearby!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a water view! Eat at the gourmet restaurant. Rooms overlooking the over 21 pool...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
13 mi away
Courtyard by Marriott Marathon Florida Keys
Hyatt Place Marathon Florida Keys
Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort

Been to Hawks Cay Resort? Share your experiences!