“Dolphis Fascinate Everyone!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Dolphis Fascinate Everyone!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I just love dolphins! Everything about them is beauty and they know how to play with each other and with people and to introduce themselves to the audience as well! They love people!

Visited November 2012

• Hungarian first
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Swim with the Dolphins”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Amazing experience! The dolphins were wonderful and the trainers did a great job! We learned a lot and enjoyed our time with the dolphins!

Ossipee, New Hampshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

The kids loved it?..the dolphins were very cool and obviously well cared for. You can also see them even when not part of a paid experience.

Visited February 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“"Worth Every Penny" Says Dad”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Like many, many people, the thought of swimming with dolphins was one that excited me and ended up on my “to-do” list. Knowing that I am far from alone in this I thought it might be very easy to find a place in Florida where I could do this. But Google produced some cloudy results and even my Dad who lives in Florida had a hard time. But, my skills paid off and I found the Dolphin Discovery program at the Hawk’s Cay resort. This turned out to be a good find.

My Dad is cheap, but in an economical way and he didn’t want to spend over $200 per person to do this. Thankfully, at $165, he felt the price was good. To note, we did see that you can’t bring in cameras and we knew this was because you have to buy the pictures off of them, so budget in for pictures (more about that later).

The resort itself is beautiful. Again, I have picky parents and they were blown away by the property such that my stepmom insisted my father take her back here for a romantic getaway (barf!). You walk through the pool and bar area to get to the dolphins and the view is to die for. Beach, water, palm trees. The pool area itself is great.

If you didn’t arrive in your bathing suit, you will need to change in the conference center area bathrooms. There isn’t any formal changing room or anything. You will need to change up before the program.

Also, for the program (the Dolphin Discovery one specifically) you will have to wear a wet suit and life vest that they provide to you. I have a weird thing where I hate things right up on my neck and this wet suit felt like it was choking me, but I soon forgot that once I was in the water. I learned some awesome fun facts about dolphins.

The Dolphin Discovery program is about 45 minutes. Half is lecture/training the other is in the water. Our intern was fun and knowledgeable when explaining things and the instructions were clear and concise. The time in the water was great. I believe that they only allow 10 people to participate and then they split you into 2 groups of 5, so everyone has time with the dolphins. They have 2 separate lagoons with 2 dolphins each in them and you get to interact with all 4 (they explain why they are split into 2’s during your training). You get to do fun things like kiss and hug the dolphin, “shake hands” and pet the dolphins. They also do a variety of tricks. They are so cute and so smart it is amazing. They love to show off and they seem to truly love to interact with people.

If you are afraid of water, don’t fret. You stand on submerged platforms and although there is deeper water you can swim out to, you do not have to and you can stay on the platform. The platform is slippery so if you have water shoes and want to wear them, bring them. The trainers make sure everyone is comfortable at all times. If your dream is to interact with dolphins, this is a great program.

Some things to note:
You MUST book ahead of time as much ahead as possible. While we were there a lady who was staying at the resort tried to get into our group and was angry to find it was booked. It was booked WEEKS before! Just because you are a guest there does NOT mean you automatically get in. To also note you do NOT have to be a guest at the resort to do this.

As I said earlier, pictures cost extra. As you do the program, a photographer takes pics to sell you. Thankfully the photographer is great and took wonderful quality pictures. They cost $15-$16 per picture, so I shelled out an additional $120 for pics. Please budget this in.

My cheapo Dad ended up saying “This was worth every penny.” I have never ever heard my Dad say that in my entire life, so you know it must be good!

Carmel Valley, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“My Daughter Loved It”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

My daughter loved it and was able to tell people what she learned which I thought was great that it was not only a fun experience but educational.