“Always great experience with Keys Caribbean!”

Village at Hawks Cay Villas by Keys Caribbean
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Duck Key
Jupiter, Florida
“Always great experience with Keys Caribbean!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed at Hawks Cay villas through Keys Caribbean numerous times and Sam is always so helpful and accommodating! Stay on site without the daily Hawks Cay fee and still get most services! Ask Keys Caribbean as many questions as want and they will make sure they find the right place for your traveling situation! Places are nice and great travel for families, friends, and even with your pets! Use Keys Caribbean before any other as I know we will again!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with more that 4/5 guests, recommend reserving a 3 bedroom. The extra space is...
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Sharyn A

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Duck Key, Florida
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I live on Duck Key and my in-laws booked here a while back. They were disappointed to find out that this group is completely separate from the Hawks Cay resort. Apparently some of the villa owners broke off from the hotel when they were required to go through renovations and started their own rental group. The villas at the hotel are upgraded with modern appliances, carpeting and bathrooms. These villas are not, they are in the same original condition from some 15 years ago. Since you book through a third party and not Hawks Cay, you can not use the hotel amenities. This is the reason these are so much cheaper than renting through Hawks Cay directly.

Room Tip: Book through the hotel if you want the modern villas.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
6 Thank joecooool
KeysCaribbeanResorts, Owner at Village at Hawks Cay Villas by Keys Caribbean, responded to this review, June 23, 2015
Thank you for sharing your response. Unfortunately, there are many privately owned Villas that can be rented directly through the owner. Village at Hawks Cay Villas by KeysCaribbean offers great Villas that are in excellent condition and updated. Your family must have rented from someone else.
Next time book directly through KeysCaribbean Resorts and receive 24/7 guest service and a guarantee for a great stay in paradise!

Travelers are raving about these Duck Key hotels

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Poor value. Stayed in Villas. Small rooms. ZERO SPACE! Beds took up entire room. Could only access Queen bed from one side. Difficult even to navigate to bathroom. Zero closet space. Nothing fancy. Dining options at Resort were very pricey.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank Mval66
KeysCaribbeanResorts, Manager at Village at Hawks Cay Villas by Keys Caribbean, responded to this review, May 9, 2015
Thank you for your review. We see many negative reviews from guest that booked directly with Hawks Cay Resort. Next time book direct with KeysCaribbean Resorts Village at Hawks Cay Villas. Our villas are in excellent condition we offer 24/7 guest service assistance. Save 50% off the prices at Hawks Cay Resort. See our specials listed on Trip Advisor; KeysCaribbean Resorts Village at Hawks Cay Villas.
East Texas
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just don't go there! I arrived a day ahead of a business meeting and decided to spring for a Villa. Don't bother! The villa I was escorted to was in poor condition. The lamp shed fell off the lamp when I turned it on. The fan in the master didn't work. The furnishings looked worn. Carpet was dirty. The hook in the bathroom fell off when I touched it. The kitchen sink was missing some hardware. Not at all what I was expecting for what I was going to pay. I asked to be moved to the hotel and was moved to the first floor with a view of some golf carts. The manager made that decision which didn't say much for making things right. When I got to my room there was a ringing noise that would not go away. Maintenance came and determined it was the mini refrigerator. Hawk's Cay has been a nightmare and I haven't even gone to sleep! It took me all day to get here. Don't make the same mistake.

Room Tip: Don't bother coming here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank EastTexasRosebud
KeysCaribbeanResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Village at Hawks Cay Villas by Keys Caribbean, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
We receive many complaints about the Hawks Cay Hotel; next time book directly with KeysCaribbean Resorts and enjoy your stay for 50% less than Hawks Cay Resort.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We rented a 2 br villa through KC. This is a very quiet and kids friendly community. We had no problem using the main resort pool and salt water lagoon and even ordered food/drink at pool side. We just paid by credit card instead of room key card. No questions asked.
I wish the furniture (especially the sofa bed) can be more comfortable though. Overall, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Mid Florida, Florida
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Overall we had a Great trip with the exception we booked a Two Bed villa on a single floor only to be bumper (Up) they said ( they said a private pool and 3 bedrooms ) but when we got in the other Villa with a pool we were excited until ! The (1) Bedroom was downstairs with only one bed in it. The other rooms were upstairs. My Grandmother 90 stayed in that room and my mother 74 stayed on the couch. They are not able to climb stairs. My mother was not too happy with me.
I called the front desk and they said sorry it was the only room they had available. When I made the reservations I put this in the notes area and I even called twice over the next few weeks to make sure we will have a one level villa. The assured me EVERYTIME YES!

I reached out to the facility after the fact and have yet to hear back from them. I went and took a handful of water and wow it was a lot of Chlorine in this pool. We have a pool at home and this amount is what we use to SHOCK our pool

The Pool was un usable. My two kids jumped in and their lips began to burn right away. We called the front desk about the large amount of Chlorine in the pool and no one came. The next day we called again ( Thanksgiving ) so we did not expect anyone to come. But Friday after we called they still did not come.
Saturday the guys came to clean the pool and told me that was Normal there that they always keep a high level of Chlorine in the pool. Sad to say it is like bringing your kid to the ice cream store and only allowing him to look through the window.

I also disagree that staff will just come into your home when you are not there. My Mother was asleep on the couch and my Grandmother was in her room when my mother woke up and this large man was in the kitchen getting the trash bag. She was scared to death. This should not happen.

Beside those things the place was STUNNING ! The other pools we swam in and they did not have a level of smell like the one at the villa.

The food was PERFECT

The Staff was amazing.

I emailed the GM telling them of these issues and that we were looking for a place to come for Christmas and I challenged the GM to give me a reason to return to the same place to prove this was a fluke. But after 2 weeks I have yet to hear anything.

We have two kids and we are looking for a place to go time and time again in the keys. We have only been twice.

Any Ideas out their email me FamBurklew33@comcast.net

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim B
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our Villa was amazing! When we walked in the door the décor alone was perfect. It is a shame that people don't thoroughly read when they are making reservations. It is very clear when you book that these villas are not part of the resort, however they are way more cost reasonable to stay in! Who needs the resort when you are in the Keys. Our villa had an amazing view out all of the windows it felt like a tropical paradise! It was stalk with everything we needed and was extremely nice, pool and all! We will be staying there again! We did not find one single thing to complain about and had the best vacation ever (except it was to short)!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marathon
Seashell Beach Resort
Seashell Beach Resort
#11 of 17 in Marathon

Been to Village at Hawks Cay Villas by Keys Caribbean? Share your experiences!