Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
I_review...
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Embarrassed for the owners”
Reviewed September 17, 2016 for a stay in September 2016
people found this review helpful

I would like to start by saying that I did everything a person should before they post a poor review. I contacted the Holiday isle properties management to right the wrongs, that was a fail. They weren't interested.
Wrongs:
1. They gave us the wrong keys when we checked in-- they did show up with the right ones.
2. The pictures online show an unobstructed view of the beach across the street,there is a HUGE house being built. I asked for a discount or any other type of compensation due to the false advertising--the woman on the phone laughed and said,"we don't do discounts!"
3. My husband and I live in Destin, therefore we are locals to this area. We did a walk through of the house in February to see if it would accommodate our family reunion guests. The house then seemed that it had been through a rough rental season, Holiday Isle properties management assured us they were working on the aesthetics and all issues would be resolved by the time we were due in. Our family reunion was this month (September)and it seemed the issues had worsened.
4. It was hot, I mean hot, the ac stayed at 76 ish,which for a house full of folks,it wasn't cool (pun intended).
5. Ceiling fans didn't work
6. Some major kitchen and downstairs lights didn't work.
7. It didn't appear to have been vacuumed or thoroughly cleaned prior.
8. Wi-Fi was very slow
9. The downstairs had a mildew smell and the pool table was missing the #2 ball
10. Even after my family's stay I contacted the Holiday isle properties management team and they were even more uninterested in making any compensations after they had my over $4300 for the rental.
See photos to see a few of my complaints. I did take a few photos of the house. I also looked the property up on our county's property appraisers website, found the address of the owner and wrote a letter to them. I hope they are not okay with the way their home is being treated and managed. I guess we will see.
I do not recommend this house to rent and I absolutely DO NOT recommend using Holiday Isle properties for anything, EVER!!!

Management Response
Dec 14, 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your leaving us a review. We first wanted to thank you for staying with us. We are terribly sorry to read that you weren't satisfied with your stay. We are committed to providing a clean and comfortable atmosphere for our guests so what you have experienced is inexcusable.We apologize that we were unable to deliver on making your trip the perfect one.

Warm regards,
RedAwning Team
kawititno...
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Decent House near a GREAT Beach”
Reviewed July 7, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Our extended family of 11 booked this house from Memorial Day to the first weekend in June.

As a whole we really enjoyed the house. It's right across the street from the beach and has boat slip that is connected to the harbor.

Location:
The house is located on Gulf Shore Dr, which is a fairly quiet street.
As mentioned, it is across the street from the beach, so there's a short 5 minute walk to the private entrance to the beach. The beach and water were amazing!! The sand super soft and the water was post-card worthy. It is also worth mentioning that during our stay the beaches were practically empty. We never had another group within 30-40 of our setup.

House:
Driving up to the house you are greeted by this massive stairway to the entry. There is a good-sized front porch with chairs, tables and a swing, which at the moment still has ocean views (there is a new home being constructed across the street). Walking in the entry you see through the living area and out to the large outdoor deck which overlooks the harbor. The house was really spacious and accommodating since we had a multi-generational group (ages 2 to 72). There were 3 bedrooms on the main level and 2 in the basement.

The main living area is very open and has ample seating, with a fireplace as well as a large screen TV. The kitchen has a large island/bar that overlooks the living area. It has all major appliances, cookware, cooking utensils, dishware and flatware. There is a laundry room off of the kitchen, which has a washer, dryer and a utility sink. There a 2 dining areas off of the entry, so plenty of room for people to sit down to eat.

The Master Bedroom has a king size bed with it's own ensuite bath. The bath features dual vanities as well as a jetted tub and separate shower. The other 2 main level bedrooms have queen size beds and have a full bath between the two rooms.

To get to the rest of the home you have to make your way down a very narrow and steep spiral staircase. One of the basement level rooms has 2 twin beds, while the other has 2 bunk beds. There is a shared bathroom with a shower only. The basement also features a full-size pool table as well as a TV area.

The deck in the back is very large. It has two large tables as well as lounge chairs for laying-out. The boat slip was very beneficial to us, as we planned on renting a pontoon boat while in the area and it made it nice for loading/unloading all of our stuff.

Basic linens were provided (towels, toilet paper, etc.).
The home does have wifi, but it is incredibly slow!!! We were better off using our data plan.

Property Management/Maintenance Service:
The property management were easy to deal with. We had a couple of issues:
1) Cable TV did not work
2) Various ceiling fans did not work.

In both cases property management made the necessary arrangements to get them working. The maintenance people were friendly and resolved our issues.

My only real complaint was the basement had a very bad musty smell. Additionally, there are no fans in the basement, so the lack of air circulation was an issue.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Dec 14, 2017
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time on sending us your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Your feedback helps us improve the RedAwning standard. We are glad to see that you had a memorable stay at the property. However, we do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your feedback has been sent to the local property manager so they can address the housekeeping issues. We hope to see you again for your next vacation.

Warm regards,
Christy
Guest Engagement Coordinator
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing