“Terrible Service Awful Attitude”

Jasmine Thai Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 308 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We have moved to our new house at Plantation Plaza, in front of Marshall and Fresh Market in Destin. Still serving Authentic Thai food with additional Seafood line with Snowcrab, King Crab and Lobster Tail. Friendly service as always...!
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We attempted to dine here based on the many comments on Trip Adviser. We arrived at 4:30 and the person in the restaurant was sleeping in one of the booths. He responded to our hello by advising us that he was't open until 5:00PM. We advied him that we would return.

Around 5:15 we in fact did. Again he was snoozing in a both. When he realized we had returned he again told us he wasn't opened until 5;00. we pointed out that it was after 5:00. He lanced at his wathc and rudely advised us he wasn,t opened until 5:00.......

We left and will never return. If the food is as good as he service I would advise you to find somewhere else to dine..

Jasminethai007, Manager at Jasmine Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I am a General Manager of Jasmine Thai and would like to response back to this review from misunderstanding the service from our restaurant staff.

The fact is, on the date of your visit, we had the time changing one hour back on the night before. That's the reason why we close while your first arrive at 3.30 pm. and second visit on 4.15 pm on local time. As restaurant hour close from 3-5 pm. which is the breaking time for our staff. We didn't mean to unwelcome or tend to have bad attitude during your visit.

I do apologize for any inconvenient that caused to your visit. I am response back to your review hope to clarify your misunderstand.

Our food and services still outstanding as many others reviews...if you would give us the try out !

There are newer reviews for Jasmine Thai Restaurant

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband was in a business meeting and texted me that he needed me to buy him a sport coat and tie for an evening business event. I went to Men's Warehouse and just a couple doors down is Jasmine Thai. Why not give it a try, I thought. It was one of the best Thai meals I have ever eaten. You should give it a try, maybe?

Reviewed October 24, 2012

We just arrived at Destin, Fl later in the evening and after checked in in our hotel we went out for dinner. The weather was pleasant so we decided to find a place to sit outside. We found this Thai restaurant near our hotel (Country Inn and Suites) and decided to give a try. What a great surprise. The owner and all the people working at this place are from Thailand, they all cook. Nice people. We got two Chang beers for $6 (for both), good Thai beer. Then we ordered the #14 entree which was pork steak marinated with honey and then grilled, served with vegetables and Jasmine rice (two bowls). We also ordered jumbo shrimps (5 units). They asked how spicy we wanted (from 0 to 5), we chose mild (I guess it was 1 or 2) which was a good choice, The food was really well prepared, very tasty . My wife and I shared the dish and it was enough for both of us as a late dinner.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

More authentic type of Thai. They have some specialty dishes that you won't find at other Thai restaurants. Pad thai was a little too sweet though. Basil chicken was good, ground chicken like it should be, not sliced. Service was good too.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hidden amongist many other businesses is this GREAT Thai restaurant. Its in the Publix shopping center. Paul is a very hard working owner who does everything from doing some cooking, waiting on tables, and bussing dishes. You must try the 3 flavor shrimp - a house speciality.
He has a very extensive menu and will cook everything to your preferences. So next time you're in Destin and tire of Grouper, or steak, head to Jasmine Thai.

1  Thank TomTexan1