“Excellent value for money, ideal location for family”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of SummerPlace Inn

SummerPlace Inn
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money, ideal location for family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

We arrived after an 8 hour journey, check in was very efficient. Our room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. There was a good choice for breakfast. The hotel is situated next to the family fun park that has go-karts crazy golf and bungee so that was a big hit with the kids and its just a two minute drive to the beach.

We booked through a discount on line site and paid just over $100 per night so the hotel was excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
First, let me say I hope the 8 hour journey home was a safe one! Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel. How exciting to know that we have a traveler over in the UK sharing about our little hotel here in Destin, Fl! In the future, please know that the hotel will always match any price you find online. I also encourage you to sign up for our newsletter as we have exclusive offers that represent incredible deals! This way you are sure to know you are getting 100% the best deal out there! Should your travels bring you back our way, we certainly hope to see you again :)

Mistelle Langen, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

I booked a 4 night balcony room online back in April and when I arrived there to check in the attendee said the balcony room was $20 more a night which I refused to pay more and accepted a regular room. As as our stay continued we were near the stairs and as people left their room or went to enter the stair way every door in this hotel SLAMS LOUDLY, they do not seem to know how to adjust the pumps on the doors to force them to close quietly. On our second day our room did not get cleaned but the maid put an envelope for a tip and comes knocking at the door early evening to say she started to clean our room but did not finish, this I seem hard to believe as we were gone all day long.
Finally the parking in the front and side are minimal but their employees parks there leaving little space for customers, I witness this many mornings.
The only thing I can say is the location is the best thing going for this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
I wanted to thank you for sharing about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn. First let me thank you for coming to Destin over 4th of July. We really appreciate every individual who has maintained their vacation plans to support our beautiful town and oil free beaches! I am sorry to hear that you had such frustration with noise. I have shared this information with our engineering department so that future guests do not experience the same frustration with noise. Typically our staff does park their cars in the hotel parking lot - we have done this so that during normal check in times we can assure spots are available - since most staff leaves prior to 5pm. This prevents non-customers from parking their cars and abandonning them while at the beach - preventing spots from being available in the early evening when most guests return from their days worth of activities. I regret that this procedure caused you any inconvenience. Again, thank you for sharing about your experience so that we can use this information to ensure we give the best quality we can to all of our guests.

Covington, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

Try to make this short as possible, so much to tell about the way I was treated but after the 1st day there the toliet handle broke but I tried to be nice and stay in there until they could fix it which was going to be the next day but then they had no one and the girl at front desk was hateful hung up the phone on me and then we had words and while she was leaving she called me a name that was horrible twice and the hotel removed me because I said I was going to kick her butt after that of course I didnt mean it I was mad..cant believe they even called the law on me and I wasnt being ugly at all about it just couldnt understand why i was being escorted out when the clerk was the one who started it all...anyways you have to drive to the beach which was a pain, the pools are too small, hottub was dirty and cold I asked it be cleaned and of coure they didnt. Also was told my girls would have waffles for breakfast again a lie. We moved to the Ramada Limited in SanDestin which is right on the beach for roughly the same cost..Wish I had booked here in the 1st place..everyone is nice here so far.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank LADYRIDER97
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
SummerPlace Inn prides itself on providing exceptional service to all of our guests. As can be seen from the majority of our reviews, both on tripadvisor and other booking engine sites, one of the things that makes this hotel stand out above the rest is our commitment to a higher level of service. This being said, the hotel has zero tolerance for certain behaviors. We have this zero tolerance policy to assure all guests are able to enjoy their stay. Unfortunately this guest, had to be removed from the hotel with a police escort. We appreciate that the guest is angry about this - however threats against anyone - including chasing people through parking lots threatening physical harm - simply is not tolerated nor excusable. I invite all visitors to this site to review our other reviews - again both on tripadvisor and through any other internet sites - so that you can verify for yourself that this review is posted out of embarassment from the guests behavior and the resulting police escort from the property.

Birmingha, Al
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2010

The hotel room was clean, so clean it was easy to spot the more fine details missed like the bathroom fan caked with dust. Our freezer had food in it from a previous stay. Rooms are small. The entire staff was very friendly. The indoor pool area was nice and a key ingredient to our happy stay. There is a city ball park with a playground behind the Inn and it is easy to go there to picnic and run around. There is also a "Family Recreation Area" next door called "The Track". This Track stays open late in the night and music and laughter can be heard while in the hotel room. Expect your child to want to go there. We had trouble sleeping because of when we were there, the beds were fine. The young party goers' yells and screams were our disturbances, it was Spring Break. You have to cross Hwy 98 to get to the beach by foot, it only takes a few minutes by car. The complimentary breakfast offered an nice assortment of food. My son wants to warn you that the donuts were the worst donuts he has ever tasted. I don't think we'll return because we need more space in our room, but if I had a small child or was with just one other person, I'd return.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
I want to thank you for sharing about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn. The Track is definitely a favorite spot for young and old, but I am sorry that the noise bothered you. Please let your son know, that should you return to Destin, to please have his parents call the General Manager and I will personally select a different doughnut for him during your stay!

Jackson, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2009

We went down for a few days after Christmas. Booked throug Orbitz, but when we got there, they didn't have our reservation, and the walk-in rate was much cheaper. Rooms are very nice, but small. Hotel seemed understaffed. Breakfast was sparse, and often un-refilled. Indoor pool area smelled strongly of chlorine, which means it needed maintenance. Had a noisy family next door, which also seemed to be everywhere we went in the hotel. We will try someplace else next time.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2010
Thank you for taking your time to post your input about the SummerPlace Inn. For furture reference, the hotel is always willing to match any rate you find online and by booking at the hotel directly, we can always ensure you have access to any special promotions we have at the hotel directly(such as a discounted walk-in rate). Again, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly if we can be of further assistance.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

We went for our 4 year anniversary. The hotel staff upgraded our room complete with heart balloons, chocolate, and a nice card.
The indoor pool was small, but perfect for a nice dip during the cold weekend. The outdoor hottub needed to be filled up a little more, but it was perfect and clean.
The breakfast was pretty decent. The belgian waffles were delicious!!
The hotel had amazing parking and was not too big to feel unpersonal. All in all, probably the best location you could want in Destin. We will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn. We pride ourselves on Superior Style and Superior Service and certainly look forward to taking care of you on your next visit to the area!

Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

booked two rooms through bookit.com and got a $50.00 rate.The rooms were VERY nice and clean. Flat screen TV, Large rooms with very large bathrooms.Nice supplies (shampoo,conditioner, two bar soaps,body wash) The in room coffee maker was really nice, prepaired one cup at a time. Located only 2 miles from the deep fishing fleet docks which was why we were there. This is right on US 98 among all the tourist stops.
Although we did not use them they have both an indoor and outdoor pool. and a large indoor Hot tub. Large breakfast included in price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share with others and us about your experiences at the SummerPlace Inn. I hope you had good luck with your fishing trip! Should you come back to the area, please don't hesitate to give us a call and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can!