“Nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Crestview, Florida
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Great value, but the cleanliness was lacking. There was hair in the bathroom and a cup with cigarette butts on the balcony. The service was excellent! Great customer service and they made it right fast!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Jennifer T
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
First I'd like to express my apologies for the issues you had with your room. This is not a standard we take lightly - and I'm extremely regretful that we let you down. I'm glad to hear that we corrected the issues immediately - but I would like to personally follow up with you as well to ensure that not only have we addressed all concerns but also to help make our mistake right. Please call me directly at the hotel.

Best regards,
Mistelle Langen, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I usually stay in Hilton family hotels but my boyfriend picked this hotel when he planned our NYE 2012 trip to Destin. I've stayed in Hampton Inns, Embassy Suites, Hiltons, Homewood, and a couple of Marriott hotels, and I can honestly say that this hotel is amazing! I wasn't a part of the check in process but my boyfriend said the associate was very friendly. When I entered the hotel, it looked and smelled very clean. Our room was very spacious. It had a microwave and refrigerator. Also there's free internet and we had no problems connecting our iPhones and iPads. The bathroom was also spacious! One thing I loved and appreciated with this hotel is the extensive channel listing. Our room was on the back side of the hotel, facing the baseball field, which was cool. Suites are on the front side of the hotel. This location is perfect to the beach, the mall, the outlet, and lots of restaurants.Also the continental breakfast was cool. I had a waffle the first morning, but I saw muffins, pastries, fruit, apple and orange juices, etc.

SummerPlace is my Destin hotel. Great Price! Amazing Amenities! Great Location! Why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MsTab
mistellelangen, General Manager at SummerPlace Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Wow! Thank you so very much for all the great things you shared about SummerPlace Inn. We pride ourselves on offering a level of quality one can expect from Marriott and Hilton but at a price that is fair and reasonable. While we are the only SummerPlace Inn - our company actually owns over 30 Marriott and Hilton properties - and we hold that responsibility of representation with very high regard. I personally am grateful that you took the time to share that we succeeded and I hope should you return to Destin we will have the priviledge of taking care of you again!

Lexington, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Check in was quick and painless. Desk clerks were great (stayed a week). Housekeeping was good.The room was clean and had a good smell. Daily contin. breakfast with waffles. Indoor and out door pools. Recommend

Its right on 98 and that road is very busy. You must cross 98 to get to beach, takes about 5 minutes to walk. Next door to Bubba Gump, Joe's Crap Shack and go cart track.

Room Tip: Ask for room on front. View of ball fields on back.
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank D B
I wanted to say Thank You for taking the time after your vacation to share about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn. I hope that should your travels return you to Destin we are priviledged to earn your business again and are able to get you that front view of the Gulf of Mexico :)

Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here over spring break. We didn't want to spend a lot of money so we didn't want to be right on the beach for that reason. This hotel was a perfect distance from the beach without the expense. The view wasn't great (a baseball field) but that isn't important to my boyfriend and me. It is also right next door to mini golf, an arcade, and other fun. The hotel was clean and had a daily breakfast with a waffle maker. The hot tub was often crowded with college students but that wasn't a big deal to us either. We had a wonderful time in Destin and I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much for returning to TripAdvisor to share about your stay with us at SummerPlace Inn. Hopefully it has been a great year of studying hard and you will get a well deserved Spring Break vacation again!

Again, I sincerely appreciate your kind words and detailed review of our hotel and your experience at SummerPlace Inn. Best of luck in 2013!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

My Friend has already wrote a review (Atrublkqueen),but I wanted to add to the review that the Hotel was Great but I felt as if because we booked through a third party they gave us a Bad view.A Room facing the back of the property.Which I really didn't understand because when we were there the hotel didn't have many people staying there.Other than the bad view everything else was Great......Dec 2012

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shunshine00
Thank you for taking the time to follow up and share about your experience at the SummerPlace Inn. I am so regretful that you felt you received a downgraded room with a view from booking on a third party website. We value all of our relationships with such vendors and I can assure you we do not assign rooms based on channels of booking. All of our suites and all of our balconies are located on the front side of the building - leaving fewer standard rooms available. Unfortunately - sometimes this means that those rooms simply are not available as other guests are already in those rooms.

I want you to know that on your next visit to Destin I personally will assure you are able to have a room facing the front side of the building. Please contact me directly so that I can adjust your reservation to assure this.

Bedford, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

My Friend & I took an impromptu vacay to Destin, Florida for my 35th Birthday! It was my 1st time visiting Florida & her 1st time in Destin. We found the SummerPlace In on Travelocity for a GREAT price & we received the 3rd night for free! We both truly enjoyed our time @ this the SummerPlace. Check-in was quick & painless. The Desk Associates were very friendly, in fact, the entire staff including the housekeeping staff was all very friendly. And both my friend and I both appreciated the kindness. The breakfast was impressive as I don't believe my friend expected waffles! Lol! And she was pleased with them, which made me, very happy! This location is very convenient to every thing! The Beautiful beach, the restaurants, and outlet malls. Both, my friend & I would definitely re-visit the SummerPlace Inn

• 5 of 5 stars
First I would like to once again wish you a Happy Birthday! Thank you so much for selecting SummerPlace Inn as your destination to celebrate :)

I am so happy to learn that your birthday and your experience at SummerPlace were so wonderful. It's the best reward we can get - hearing that we helped make a memory special. Please know that should you return to Destin next year for your birthday, please call me directly so that I can extend a complimentary birthday upgrade as our way of saying thank you!

Mistelle Langen
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

First, you can't beat the price. I got a great deal through one of those "book it" websites during a "3rd night free" promotion! Traveling out of season probably helped, too.

The daily continental breakfast included: hard-boiled eggs, bagels, white bread, English muffins, corn flake cereal, fruit loop cereal, apple juice, whole or 2% milk (only whole left by Mon), peach or strawberry yogurt (only peach left by Mon), waffles, and a "surprise" breakfast option that differed every day. For us, we had biscuits with sausage gravy on Sat morning, oatmeal on Sun morning, and sausage patties and "folded" eggs (like on a McD's breakfast sandwich) on Mon morning. It seemed odd not to have scrambled eggs every day, but the most unusual thing was that there was no fruit. I would have enjoyed a healthy side with my heavy carb-loaded breakfast items.

This time of year the hotel was not very full, so we had the outdoor hot tub to ourselves several times throughout the weekend.

CONS:
Each day, my partner and I woke up with a new ache or pain from the pillows! Shoulder, neck, back pain. Who would think you could experience so much discomfort from bad pillows?!

Our tub had no kind of non-slip grip in place. My first shower there, I stepped in with my right foot and slipped, slamming my left shin into the side of the tub. It could have been worse, but I only suffered a bruise. I did make a suggestion to the hotel about it since I was staying in a room that is supposedly ADA-compliant.

All in all, I would DEFINITELY return. Nice rooms with fridge and microwave, indoor pool and an outdoor pool and spa, great price, friendly service. Recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our property. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of one of our great winter promotions. We pride ourselves on offering great deals while still offering exceptional service and product. I also want to acknowledge your experience with our pillows. It is from guests such as yourself that we are able to learn how to better serve our guests. We have recently procurred new pillows that we can offer as an option to guests such as yourself and we hope that on your next visit you will be pleasantly surprised by our new pillow options.

Again thank you for taking the time to share about SummerPlace Inn.