“Beach but not really”

Denver, Colorado
“Beach but not really”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Service was outstanding.
Room pretty clean but dingy-so an ok. Beds nice and comfortable. Far far too far to walk to public beach access - with alot of traffic.
When we select "beach" on trip advisor as an ammenity - we hope to be able walk.

• Stayed July 2013
9 Thank MsCleanCO
DaysInn32541, Veronika at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that you were provided with the wrong information about the location of our hotel. Thank you so much for you kind words about our service. We're working hard to provide an excellent hospitality to our guests. We`re looking forward to see you again on your future visits to Destin, Fl.:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel turned out superior in many ways more than I expected. The room was clean and offered an initial quality such as you may find in much more expensive hotels. The morning breakfast was comparable to other less expensive hotels, although, much as any where else, if you went towards the end of the breakfast period, pickings were slim. The hotel pool was a decent size and appeared well kept and clean anytime we saw it. I suggest you take your own hygiene and shower products, their "Incidentals," are minute, as most hotels supplies of these products are, and we did supply our own products in this instance. The beds and pillows were sufficient and comfortable. The only complaint I have was, some of the staff were not very friendly. One staff member, a tall man, zipped past me going the other way and didn't make eye contact with me, didn't smile and offer me a "Good Morning," greeting, and came awfully close to me as he zoomed in the opposite direction. Then, on a morning when I was first down for breakfast, the hotel employee was sat in the dining area and didn't speak at all. The fan in the bathroom didn't work, therefore, when we showered, we stood in a room full of steam to attempt to dry off. We did report it, but no one ever came to fix it before we left, and, ironically, this was over July 4 week. For the most part though, we were well pleased with our booking where the price was right and the other options were hugely much more expensive.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool would have been better offering us more of a holiday atmosphere since this...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda S R
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Days Inn in Destin, Fl. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the behavior of our night auditors we have already spoken with them about your concerns. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to see you again!!!
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Days Inn was clean, affordable for the area and week we were there (right before July 4th). The breakfast was good, but the eating area was small; be prepared to take it back to your room. The pool was small, but clean and convenient. Located across the highway from beach, but you have many public beach access points. Nice, would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking to time to provide us with feedback and provide future guest with a lot of helpful information. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you come back and see us again soon! Thank you!
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The Days Inn was very nice and cozy. It was in the middle of many attractions which made getting around Destin very easy. The Management was very nice as well and they made sure that we had everything that we needed. The pool was nice and had lounge chairs for us in case we did not want to go out on the beach. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DaysInn32541, Veronika at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the comments and we happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at our beautiful Days Inn. We`re working hard to provide an excellent service for our guests!
I can`t wait to welcome you back to the Days inn again very soon so we can keep up the great experiences for you!!!:)
shreveport
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Check in was quick and easy, staff was very nice. Location was perfect for family activities. The rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. This hotel was great for a very affordable price. Over all, me and my family were very pleased with our stay at Days Inn, Destin, Fl.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank megan d
DaysInn32541, Veronika at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at the Days Inn in Destin. We strive to offer a comfortable stay for our guests! Thank you for the positive feedback and we look forward to see you again:)
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We reserved this hotel room despite the negative reviews during Memorial Day weekend. We were getting married on the beach at Beasley Park just a few miles away so this was the ideal location. The check in process was smooth and the hotel manager was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were very nice and the bed was very comfy. Tons of soft pillows and plenty of space. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.Say hello to Papu the parrot while you're there too!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank latinalisa8991
DaysInn32541, Veronika at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms and that you had a good experience with the staff. We appreciate your words of encouragement. Congratulations on your marriage! Our staff wish you a life together filled with love, laughter and happiness from this moment throughout eternity!
We hope that we will see you at our Days Inn soon!!!!
Again, thank you for your review on Tripadvisor!!!!

P.S. Papu says hi to you as well:)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I checked in on a friday morning looking for the cheapest room available for one night, the clerk was very nice and accommodated me to the room. I had a very nice room and the wifi helped me catch up on some school work. When I checked out I knew I didn't have a ride for another 3 hours and my bags were with me, the clerk held my bags and aloud me to stay in the lobby working on homework and watching tv until my ride arrived. Great workers and very nice facility!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jakob B
DaysInn32541, Veronika at Days Inn Destin, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that your stay at the Days Inn in Destin, FL was enjoyable. I will relay the nice comments to the front desk staff about your stay with us. We welcome you back the next time you are in the area and hope your next stay is just as enjoyable.:)