“A Special Place - Beautiful, Comfortable, and Inviting Emily j”
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from our fifth visit at the Henderson Park Inn. We left looking forward to our next visit. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and decorated with taste. The bottle of wine, fruit, and rose in the room on your arrival say Welcome, and Enjoy your stay. The management and staff go out of their way to meet all your needs. They show real concern for you like they would for a guest in their home. The breakfast is wonderful and I begin looking forward to the Grits and Grillades weeks before returning. Your day at the beach gets a wonderful start, no matter the weather! The box lunch, homemade soup, cookies and lemonade carry you through your daily activities. You can sit on the beach in the chairs, beach towels, and umbrella furnished or take a ride on one of the bikes (I do wish there was a tandem or three wheeler). At the free happy hour, you can connect with your fellow guests, such nice people. We have returned to HPI so many times because we know what to expect, no matter the weather, we find a warm welcome, lovely surroundings, and wonderful food. You can sit, watch the ocean, and relax.

Room Tip: We enjoy staying in the building east of the main building. There is an elevator and we enjoy the th...
1  Thank Emily J

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon after our fabulous wedding in New Orleans. I highly recommend for the beauty and the beach & the service & the no children & the colonial architecture. However for the price you are paying, you better take advantage of every amenity you can!
Here are the points you need to know:
1. If you want dinner at the onsite restaurant- make a reservation in advance, 2. Staying for 2 nights = 1 lunch only; 3. Eat the pork grillades for breakfast; 4. HH is only for one hour - don't be late.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rebecca G
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We just returned after our second visit to this remarkable B & B located right on the beach with amenities galore. After renting in high rise condos for years in the Destin area, this will definitely be our "go to" for a relaxing few days at the beach. You really feel like you are at a beach house instead of an inn. The restaurant serves the most amazing breakfast, included in your stay, and also offers gourmet cuisine in the evenings.

3  Thank Teresa G
Reviewed April 22, 2014

My wife and I just returned from a week at the Inn. We had a wonderful visit. The Inn is beautiful, and it's right on the beach next door to Henderson Beach State Park. The property is lovely, and we loved our corner suite, especially the fireplace. It came in handy due to the rainy weather!

Breakfast was included with our stay, and the selections were delicious and plentiful. We had dinner twice, and both meals were delicious. I'm vegan, and the chef was very familiar with preparing meals that were vegan (and gluten-free) and delicious.

The entire staff was friendly and truly did their best to make sure we were taken care of.

I highly recommend a stay at the Henderson Park Inn!

Room Tip: The second floor corner suite has a beautiful balcony view and fireplace!
2  Thank rjrhodes
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The location, staff and inn are all wonderful. You are on the border of Henderson State Park, so all of the beach next to you is vacant. The amenities are incredible. You arrive and receive a bottle of wine, grapes and chocolate in your room. There are community refrigerators full of water, candy, soda and also a machine for espresso, capuccino and coffee latte. All is free of charge. In the morning there is a full (COOK TO ORDER) breakfast, and for lunch you can order box lunches of sandwiches or salads. From 4-5 there is a free happy hour with beer,wine and margaritas or daiquiries. What more can you ask for? There are chairs and umbrellas on the beach and I have to say other than Hawaii, this is the nicest beach in the United States. The restaurant has great food ( the grouper was terrific), but make a reservation. The staff goes above and beyond. They are so helpful and friendly. They have dvds if you want them. My only minor complaint is that they call all of their rooms, suites. We had a mini-suite ( the least expensive of all of the rooms). It was small. Just a queen bed, that you could barely get around. I think they should just call this an inn room. Nice Tommy Bahama toiletries too. Hammocks and adirondack swings..... I would recommend this place 100%. Yes it is a little pricey though, but well worth it.

Room Tip: If you can, choose a room with a bigger balcony and you want to be able to see the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bunny23
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We only had one night here but it was very special! They make you feel really welcome and the executive room overlooking the beach was very romantic. A bottle of wine and grapes on arrival was a nice touch. There is a free happy hour from 4 to 5pm. We had dinner in the restaurant that evening which was good and a breakfast buffet the next morning. Very good and a perfect setting overlooking the gorgeous sands of Destin!

2  Thank CrystalRose54
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I got engaged last summer, and my fiancée and I decided to plan a beach wedding. We fortunately had heard of Henderson Park Inn though word of mouth. We had never stayed there, but the reviews we received made us decide to look into HPI as a potential wedding venue. We contacted the wedding coordinator, Sherri Kuhn, via the Henderson Park Inn website, and after speaking with her, we knew this was the place for us. From that point on and through the entire wedding planning process, we were treated like royalty!

Sherri was the most patient friend and advisor I could have asked for during the stressful task of planning a wedding. She never failed to answer a phone call or email (and trust me, there were hundreds!!) no matter what time of day I was obsessing over a tiny wedding detail. She was always able to calm my worries and find a quick resolution to whatever concerns were on my mind. She was my wedding guardian angel! Sherri, the gracious staff of Henderson Park Inn, and Sherri's impressive list of amazingly qualified vendors created us the most perfect, magazine-worthy wedding I have ever seen. It literally took my breathe away when I saw the Inn staged for our wedding as my Father walked me down the aisle.

We were married at HPI just this past Friday - 4/11/14. We did not have to do a thing but show up! Sherri had vendors on site who catered to our every need, and put together the most detail-oriented event I could have imagined.

We had our event catered by the Henderson Park Inn's in-house restaurant, the Beach Walk, and the food and beverage service was excellent! Overall, we felt like the Inn's main priority during the entirety of our stay. Every staff member greeted us with a smile every time we saw them, and never hesitated to ask if we needed anything. We stayed at the Inn for 4 nights around our wedding date, and we enjoyed the amazing complimentary gourmet breakfasts and adorable boxed lunches provided by the highly skilled chefs and staff at Beach Walk.

We were lucky enough to squeeze in some time at the beach during our stay as well, and it is was wonderful to not have to do a thing but walk down to our complimentary, high quality beach chairs and umbrellas with our provided beach towels. I haven't even mentioned yet how beautifully appointed the rooms were! My husband and I stayed in an Executive Suite, and we were impressed with the beautiful, soft bed, large bathroom, and the huge balcony in our room that overlooked completely unobstructed views of the ocean.

From the time you reach the front door of Henderson Park Inn and are greeted by the gracious front desk staff, you will never want to leave! I cannot gush enough about this bed and breakfast. All couples should give themselves the gift of staying at this heavenly resort. We are so overwhelmingly happy with our choice to marry and stay at HPI. I cannot wait for our anniversary so we can go back!!

Michael and Stephanie James