“A most unbelievable piece of paradise”
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Southeast
“A most unbelievable piece of paradise”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Any hotel that is open, should aspire to what the staff at the Henderson Park Inn accomplishes with ease. From the moment that you walk in the front door you feel like you are at home. Natalie and her front desk staff are charming, efficient and are willing to "go the extra mile" You know you are somewhere special. The 4 to 5 Pm Happy hour at the TIKI Bar is a fun mixer with the other guests.
The Breakfast in the morning is made special by the staff that prepares it an serves it to your table. The Guys in the morning do a heck of a job.
The beach is fantastic, lunch is good The BeachWalk Cafe is great. On this visit we were here for three nights and we did dinner with them each night. The crab cake rivals any restaurant in the Southeast.
This was our second visit to HPI and we have already booked our return for next year.

Fantastic experience

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

The Henderson Inn is the example all Inns & B&B should strive to follow. The location, all the services, staff, and dining were all top notch perfection. Everyone needs to experience this Inn/B&B at least once. My husband & I have decided this will become a once a year vacation & well worth the 12 hour drive we have to endure to experience perfection.

• Stayed October 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband & I just got back from another vacation at Henderson Park Inn. Just as wonderful as the first time we went last year. The beach there is absolutely beautiful and is a great place to escape and do nothing!

All adults so no loud kids running about. We saw mainly couples and some groups of ladies that were having a "girls vacation". Henderson truly caters to their guests and will try to accommodate anything you might need or want. Breakfast and lunch are included in the room price per night. So nice!

Every day at 4:00 pm there is a "happy hour" where all drinks are free to the guests. It was fun sitting around the Tiki Hut and visiting with the other guests. We met people from all over... London, California, Mississippi, Louisiana etc. Dustin and Lance (bartenders) are great at serving up the drinks and laughs.

If you've never visited Henderson Park Inn, you are missing out! We had a great time and definitely plan to go back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 2nd building seem bigger than the ones in the main building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steph1012
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel is great and the staff is as accomodating as any staff in the world! From the moment we arrived on property, the front desk staff did everything they could to make our stay incredible. We were there for our 20th wedding anniversary and had such a wonderful time at the Inn. The breakfast's were great and the staff serving were phenoms! We had two minor problems (one was a problem with the bikes they loan about 4 mi from the hotel) and the front desk staff had them fixed in snap. It is a bit pricey, but if you know that going in it is an awesome place to stay.

4 stars instead of 5... We had called 8 days ahead and asked for a window table with a view of the sunset. We told them we were flexible between the two nights and totally flexible on the time. We told them this was our 20th anniversary and it was a special dinner. They assured us that we had a great table reserved for Saturday night. When we were seated, we had the table fartherest away from the window and I had my back to ocean/sunset. I did however have a great view of the parking lot. I excused myself from the table after 5-10 minutes to ask the woman who seated us why we weren't at a window. I was very upset but extremely calm in explaining the situation and when I asked why we weren't seated at the open table at the window, she asked when we made the reservations and I said 8 days ago and then she responded that the table had been reserved 9 days ago. She said she was sorry. When I told her that we had much flexibility and had called so early and that I was extremely disappointed, here response was "sorry, what do you want me to do about it?" At that point I just walked away and that is the last of it as she was concerned. I didn't want to ruin the evening or the stay so I didn't say anything more that night or when we checked out (as my wife was with me at check out). I was so dissapointed in our highlight moment being ruined. I can't imagine we will ever come back. I hope this was a one off situation and this is why I gave it 4 stars and hope others will have complete satisfaction.

Room Tip: The 'honeymoon' suite is awesome but I would recommend a different room as you do not have a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Helix88
Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was to be the 'special' part of a special trip and it exceeded expectations. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome and part of the Henderson family. From the Flowers, wine and chocolates in the most stunning room, to the packed lunches, and the included happy hour (don't mind if I do) we did not want for anything and truly felt relaxed in the welcoming environment. Customer service as it should truly be done!

Room Tip: We did not want a lot of stairs so had a room next to the presidential suite in the separate buildin...
1 Thank Emporiumowner
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I read this after I wrote it and realized that it sounds like an ad. But this place is that good. And I am picky and don't mind giving bad reviews.

The Henderson Park Inn is fabulous. It is next to a large preserve, so you have a quiet side for peaceful walks even during peak. There are lots of places to sit and relax and enjoy the view. The rooms are large, clean, quiet, with great views.

The food is very good in the restaurant, with a good variety and gourmet quality for dinner. Breakfast is good standard fare and fast and enjoyable in the roomy dinning room.

It is pricey, but if your vacation time is valuable and you are going to Destin, you should try this place.

1 Thank Jim F
Port Charlotte, FL
Reviewed September 24, 2013

When I booked our anniversary stay for Nov 5th, I forgot to inquire about wheelchair accessibility at the hotel, upon reading some reviews I saw that the newer building had elevator, and the older building did not. I called and was connected to Natalie who rebooked our rooms to accomadate my wheelchair, and advised me on certin rooms that would work better for us. For a few dollars more we will have a better trip with no surprises. It is such a pleasure to be taken care so well.
Thanks Natalie :)

Room Tip: Check about handicap rooms when booking.