Henderson Park Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$182
$152
$192
$169
EmbassySuites.com
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$114
$191
$169
$234
$211
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$106
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$147
$134
$107
SummerPlace Inn Destin FL Hotel(Destin)(Great Value!)
$122
$118
Travelocity
All reviewscandy barsbox lunchhappy hourchef gregbeach walk cafemain buildingbed and breakfastexecutive suitefrom honey baked hamsecond buildingfree candybeachwalk restaurantnewer buildingcorner suitehenderson parkbeach chairs and umbrellasbottled water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay in the Executive Suite, room 310. The staff is top notch and treats you like royalty. I loved all the attention and amenities. The breakfast was wonderful as were the restaurant staff that catered to our every whim. It was great to have breakfast outside with a wonderful view of the beach. However, I feel the Inn needs a little TLC. Our bed was WELL worn. Each movement caused jiggles and there were permanent body indentations on either side of a hump in the middle of the mattress that made you feel as if you would roll off the edge. Not what one would expect when paying that kind of money for a room. Also, the whirlpool tub felt greasy. I was okay with not having a full length mirror although it would have been nice. The floor by the balcony was squishy and definitely not safe. Unfortunately, unless I knew for certain that the mattress had recently been replaced, I would not return.

6  Thank Rhonda N
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It will be extremely difficult to make myself go to the beach anywhere else, ever again. My wife and I probably had the most relaxing, enjoyable week ever here. Every detail is thought of and they treat you as if you were the only folks staying at the resort. All you have to concern yourself with is where you are going to eat dinner and there's a restaraunt on site, a very nice one. Most of the time, however, we were not even hungry for dinner because of all the great food we had during the day. Breakfast there will spoil you (and make you fat, if you let it), boxed lunch is perfect, snacks available all day. It's honestly the best vacation we have had yet. Yes, it is on the pricey side, but with all the pampering you get it's worth it. Figure how much you spend on food, beach rentals, etc. when you normally go somewhere, plus the hassel of carrying it all with you and the price difference starts to get much smaller. Really nice not having to lug all the beach accesories down with you every day. Be forewarned, this is not a brand new facility, but it is a wonderful bed and breakfast that is historically preserved. Location is perfect and very convienent, isolated somewhat with a state park next to you. Staff goes above and beyond to make you feel special and welcome. We absolutely loved it and will definately be back, maybe every year. So, save up some bucks and treat yourself, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Executive suites are super. We stayed in main building and will do so again, because of convienence. I'm sure other building is nice, but everything is happening in main building. 3rd floor rooms include some stairs, but they will help you with luggage, plus you get some exercise every day. Balconies are small on 3rd floor, but you have enough room for both of you to stand and gaze at the beautiful emerald water.
4  Thank JKRTn
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Henderson Park Inn is Destin's version of "The Hamptons".

It was my most enjoyable beach getaway weekend ever and there have been many.

The Inn has an exceptional staff - from the front desk, the Chefs at the breakfast buffet, lunch service, happy hour at the Tiki bar to the beach services – they cater to your every need.

The well-appointed rooms to the magnificent Oceanside deck and lawn plus all the other amenities at Henderson Park Inn make for an extraordinary stay.

The first floor rooms are Spectacular

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Philip R
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a perfect place to stay to catch up on rest, romance, sun bathing, and generally being spoiled by a fantastic staff. Thank you Henderson Park Inn for the perfect getaway for two people who really needed to escape the stress and pressure of everyday life!

Room Tip: we had a large beach front room on the 2nd floor in the main building. we loved it and will request the same on our return trip.
2  Thank ginger a
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I cannot possibly say enough wonderful things about Henderson Park Inn! My husband David and I decided to do a very brief honeymoon in Destin and are very pleased to have stayed at Henderson Park Inn! The staff was incredibly polite and helpful, and the facilities were immaculate. Upon arrival we were pleased with the softly playing romantic music, wine, grapes, and chocolate on the bed waiting for us. The bed itself was so comfortable we were hard pressed to leave it the next day! The beaches were beautiful, and the inn itself is very quiet. Perfect for that romantic getaway feel. My husband was pleased with the small details, like the cocktail hour and the fridge in the lobby stocked with sodas and his favorite candy bars. We decided to do the Toes in the Sand dinner which was AMAZING. I highly, highly recommend this dinner to any couple looking to splurge on a meal. Our servers name was Dustin, and he was absolutely PERFECT. I have never had such amazing customer service in my life. He was quite knowledgable about the food and wine, polite, and just all around pleasant to be around. He was a true gem. Oh, and don't even get me started on how amazing the food was. My husband swears he had the best steak of his life that night! This is a pricier dinner, but worth every penny if you're celebrating, love fine dining, and enjoy an extremely personable server. If you do the dinner, I highly recommend requesting Dustin and to pace yourself and enjoy the wonderful meal!

Overall, I would recommend Henderson Park Inn to anyone looking for a quiet escape with their sweetheart, or even a close friend. We cannot wait to go back!

4  Thank Emily R