“Every happy couple should experience HPI sometime!”
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Every happy couple should experience HPI sometime!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in the honeymoon suite. At first I was worried because it was on the north side (no beach view), but it was really no big deal! As a matter of fact- we are hoping to go back and request this room! Where do I start? Awesome breakfast, great lunch, wonderful private beach, free happy hour, access to water and cokes and candy bars! It was laid back yet extremely friendly! There were swings on the property for couples to enjoy the ocean. Again, I can't say it enough, the honeymoon suite was amazing- VERY PRIVATE :) the staff was also very friendly, I felt like they really liked us! :) We will be back!! Oh yeah, you use their beach towels too!

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank Achuffman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were initially put off by this Inn. We originally planned a trip to Destin but a hurricane had other plans when it decided to show up on the days we would be driving there! Henderson Park was the only hotel we booked that refused to refund the reservation. I understand the no refund policy, but for a hurricane? We called later and asked what their occupancy was, they admitted it was low and the restaurant was closed, but we still couldn't get a refund? Not really the best impression to start out with...

Well, they do allow you to reschedule your reservation up to 2 times. We eventually decided we'd try again, we visited during Thanksgiving week and we're glad we did. This Inn was wonderful! I love that there are no children running around (even when it isn't a holiday week!), it's very quiet, very, very clean, and the staff is incredibly attentive. The private beach access was another big bonus, and the free cocktails on the deck are a great way to watch the sunset.

The breakfasts were HUGE- custom omelets, tons of fresh fruit, drinks, and sides. We looked forward to it each morning and didn't hesitate to eat breakfast there. The best part? The Beach Walk Cafe dinner- it was the best meal and most romantic meal I think we've ever had. The chef brought out a small appetizer and came back to see how we liked it, I told him I didn't eat pork (and I'm allergic to shellfish) so he made another small appetizer for me ;) The Vince grouper is something I still crave! The bread pudding made with a Krispy Kreme donut? Well, how do you top that exactly?

Seriously, this Inn is worth the money. If you're considering it for a long weekend or a long week, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Ocean views are worth the $$!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank kirbyj78
Franklin, NC
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Henderson Park Inn is a VERY special place for the over 25 crowd. My wife and I stayed 4 days and 5 nights. Weather was perfect. It is located next to Henderson State Park on the quiet Eastern edge. The New England type architecture makes it very unique to the area. Not your usual "cookie-cutter" hotel. Loved the "Inn" like atmosphere. Breakfast and Lunch were provided each day. Beach chairs and umbrellas were ready and waiting on the beach each morning. Bicycles were available. The Beach Walk Cafe was located there at the Inn for evening meals. Above all, the staff was "AMAZING"! VERY ACCOMMODATING! FRIENDLY! Could not imagine a better staff any place else! My wife and I look forward to returning in the near future! We call it our "Little Piece of Heaven on Earth!"
Jeff and Janice, Franklin, North Carolina.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 101. Was located next to the Lobby and the back deck was directly out our rear en...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cuda71
Dallas, TX
Reviewed August 5, 2013

HPI far exceeded our expectations in every way! We stayed for 4 of the most perfect nights and will return again and again! The bed was very comfortable, the view was breathtaking, and the food was delicious. Most importantly, every staff member made us feel very special without being obtrusive! Pure class.

4 Thank bsbwife
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am a 67 year old female traveling with another female friend to see family in the Destin area.

I was enchanted by the web sight and review of this hotel. I was on the phone over four minutes going over what is offered for the price, which was fair enough. Then she got off the phone and someone else came on and asked if I was married and over 25. I assured her I was over 25 but asked why she wanted to know if I was married. She told me it was a romantic hotel. She asked me again if I was married. I told her I felt she was discriminating by asking this question. She later said because I requested two rooms she thought I was bringing a party crowd. I never did tell her more about myself. I don't think they have the right to discriminate once their age minimum is met. I will not be staying there and was offended by her assumptions and questioning.

15 Thank shelbyk k
minimotor72, General Manager at Henderson Park Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
This lady was told that Henderson Park Inn was adults only and everyone who stays has to be 25 years and older. She was NEVER told she had to be married to stay as that is not a policy of Henderson Park Inn or anywhere that I have ever heard of. She was extremely "nasty" to the reservationist on the phone. The reservationist offered for her to speak to a manager as soon as she got upset about thinking she had to be married to stay at the Inn. She hung up on the reservationist and then decided to write this review. Her son called the following day and I did speak with him. He thought his mother must of misheard the reservationist and became defensive. We have never had a review like this as this is not something that we have ever told anyone. We take great pride in our guest's and are extremely blessed for each and every one of them.
Ryan Olin
Inn Keeper
Henderson Park Inn
Alabama
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had been dreaming of staying here for months and finally for our 24th wedding anniversary we decided to just do it! Boy are we glad we did! The service is unmatched. Everyone is genuinely friendly, amenities to meet your every need, beautiful views and a comfortable bed are just a few of the main selling points. The chefs were so kind and the breakfasts were phenomenal! I even got my husband to go with me to a cooking class they offered and he enjoyed it! I did notice that the structure needed a little love and care, and a pool would be nice, but these two negatives are not such that I wouldn't pay the price to go again...and hopefully as soon as possible!

Room Tip: First floor rooms can be a bit noisy close to the stairs.
1 Thank Kelli W
Eads, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at HPI for many many years. I agree with the review regarding the need for a pool. The location is absolutely spectacular though with or without a pool. It would really be great if HPI had at least soft music playing on the patio area since it is such a romantic atmosphere. The breakfast, lunch boxes and happy hour were fabulous as well. The beach chairs were a little old and worn but hey they were included in price of the room. HPI will always be a special place for us and I only hope it will stay around for a long time. There is nothing like it in Destin or anywhere along the beach for that matter.

2 Thank 8976more