“Good, but could use some updating.....worth the price??”
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well I gotta admit, we booked this Inn based upon all the reviews I had read here and elsewhere on what a great place it was and the "Adults Only" atmosphere. We definitely see what everyone is saying about it being away from the crowds (took 45 mins to drive thru traffic to Ft. Walton Bch for dinner one night- 5 mi.), quaint and the friendliness of the staff. But for $500 a night, we expect at least to have a fridge in the room?? The bathroom was tiny, carpet was really worn and I do not think I have seen a TV that size since it was built into the headrest of my Expedition! We stayed in Rm #304 and it was quite quaint, but you can hear anyone walking up and down the stairs.

Breakfast is definitely really good and the lunch is a nice feature, as long as you remember to order by 8 PM the previous night, or you are out of luck. For such a nice "adults Only" resort, you would think there would be a bar to get a drink during the day or in the evening, but besides the Happy Hour, which is free and has great drinks, there are no adult beverages available unless you are at the restaurant! They just said, bring a cooler to the beach with your own! At a minimum, why not have some beer and maybe wine coolers in a fridge for folks to take out to the beach during the day??
Dinner at the Beach Walk was good, but for the price, the wife and I have had way better. The service was attentive, but real slow...........
Overall, we like the place, but needs some TLC and find a place to put a fridge in the Queen suites!

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairs and watch if you are on the 3rd floor as NO elevators.
5  Thank BigTex86

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My new husband and I spent our Honeymoon at the Henderson Park Inn. We booked the trip based on others recommendations and we were not disappointed!!! The Inn is beautiful, clean, quiet, elegant...perfect! The staff is extremely friendly and very accommodating! The food is incredible! I cannot think of a SINGLE thing to complain about.....except having to leave!

3  Thank Sherri L
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 20th anniversary. The main thing that drew me in was the fact that children are not allowed. We have two children of our own and love them dearly, but we so needed a break. The last place I wanted to go was somewhere where there would be kids surrounding me all day.

After arriving two hours early (apparently a huge accomplishment for my husband), I was worried about our room not being ready and having to find something to do. We had driven nine hours and did not want to get back out. Unfortunately, it was not ready. However, we were allowed to go ahead and pay, sign a couple of forms, and be shown around so that when we came back all we had to do was pick up our key. My cell phone number was taken in order to let us know when our room was ready. We weren't gone 10 minutes when we received the call. I knew right away that this was going to be an excellent place to stay and that the service would be outstanding.

We stayed on the third floor of the main building in room 304 which was an oceanfront Jr. Suite. The room was very nice--a bit small, but fine for just the two of us. The balcony and the bathroom were both cramped. This didn't bother us though. There is not an elevator in the main building, so luggage might be an issue for some. We were offered help, but we refused. I figured after sitting for nine hours we could use the exercise.

I thought my husband was going to pass out when he saw what a large selection they offered for breakfast. He was in breakfast heaven! I guess he was expecting doughnuts and cereal only. The chef made the best omelets I've ever had. He also made mini waffles which I wish I would have tried. There were all sorts of other foods to eat such as bacon, biscuits, gravy, muffins, bagels, cereal, yogurts, and fruits. There were several other things, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

For lunch you receive a boxed sandwich or salad from Honeybaked. When checking in we were given a little menu to choose from for each day. All we had to do was turn our order in before eight o'clock every night, and they would have it available to pick up in the dining room from 12:00-2:00 the next day. It was wonderful not to have to go somewhere to pick up something to eat. They also offered delicious cookies and lemonade or tea.

Happy hour is from 4:00-5:00 every day. I'm not sure if each guest was allowed one free drink then had to pay for any extras or if everything was free for that hour. We each got one cocktail drink each day as were are not big on alcoholic beverages. They all tasted good to us and it was nice to sit on the beach drinking a pina colada.

The beach was fantastic. Even though the inn was booked, at times we felt as if we were the only ones there. Of course there were other guests at the beach, but it never felt like anyone was right on top of us like when we've stayed at other hotels or resorts. I guess the fact that there were no kids helped also.

We did not eat at the Beach Walk Cafe which is located inside the main building. It seemed to be busy every night, but not to the point that the inn and lobby were crowded. We were worried that getting a parking space after coming back from dinner would be a problem with diners taking spaces. Fortunately, that never happened though.

A couple of other things...they have two small refrigerators stocked with waters and candy bars, all for free. Also, leave your beach towels at home because the inn supplies them. They are very nice too! They are plush, white, and long enough to cover the majority of your beach chair. Oh yeah, two beach chairs and an umbrella are also included.

I have already recommended Henderson Park Inn to a friend. It was expensive, but definitely well worth the money. We hope to make it back within the next couple of years.

11  Thank BLT93
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We knew what we wanted and we knew Henderson Park Inn would deliver, as this was our third visit. Peaceful atmosphere away from the crowds (which seem to grow bigger and more raucous every year); wonderful amenities (amazing breakfast and tasty box lunch included); spacious, well-appointed and well-soundproofed rooms overlooking the gulf; next to an undeveloped park, which cuts down on the foot traffic parading up and down the beach; great, accommodating staff. Pricey, but definitely worth it. Be sure to try the Beach Walk Cafe on site for dinner -- a HUGE step above the mobbed fried-seafood-platter places that line the beach.

2  Thank DesigningWoman13
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I returned from Henderson Park Inn a couple of days ago, and all I can think of is "when are we going back?"

I will be the first to admit that I am a total hotel snob. If I am going to spend the money and take the time off to go somewhere, I want to be impressed with where I am staying. The Henderson Park Inn met all of my expectations and then some. You could not ask for a better location. The beach is absolutely stunning and very private. They provide you with everything you need for a relaxing day at the beach.

Here are some of the highlights:

Breakfast- the breakfast was delicious. There was a wide selection of anything you would need to start your day. You can eat in the beautiful dining room, take it to your room, the beach, or anywhere in the beautiful deck.

Lunch-the box lunched from Honey Baked Ham were great. You order the day before from a selection of sandwiches and salads. Again, you can eat them where you want. The refrigerators are also stocked all day with soda, water, and candy bars.

Happy Hour- the happy hour was just another perk to the day. It included free beer, wine, and frozen drinks.

Our Room- we stayed in room 307, an executive suite on the third floor. The only thing I would change is the size of the patio. It is a little small, but not a big deal. We were able to fall asleep every night with the door open listening to the sound of the waves. It was WONDERFUL! The bed was comfortable and the room really had everything we needed. We weren't in our room that much anyway.

The grounds- the beach is absolutely stunning. While there was saw dolphins and a manatee swimming close to the shore. It was so neat. The lower deck has ample seating when you just want to go out to relax. The fire pit, hammocks, and swings were a great option as well. I worried about the inn not having spool, but we really didn't miss it at all. You won't want to leave the beach!

Beach Walk Cafe-we had dinner outside one of the evening. I had the grouper Vince and my husband had the seared tuna dish. Both meals were extraordinary! Our waitress Amber went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful experience, and we did. Thank you, Amber!

Staff- all of the staff were eager to answer question and do anything they could to help to make your stay more enjoyable.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend the Henderson Park Inn. It was a truly relaxing experience that we can't wait to experience again! Do wait, make your reservations!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Henny P's (again :) ) this Memorial Day weekend. We have been coming to HPI 2-4 times a year since 2008 and am starting to lose track. I can't say enough about the property but most important is the staff.

Tamee, Natalie (red), Natalie (blonde) and Stephanie (newby)...you guys (gals really) rock!

Chef Greg and "the boys" make the best breakfast made to order.

The "Beachwalk Gang" Nick, Betty, Amber, Lance, and Dustin...are awesome and attentive to your every need.

Between the breakfast, boxed lunches, happy hour, fridges stocked with goodies and Beachwalk restaurant when we arrive we never leave the property (why would you?). You keep us coming back again, again, and again.

See you in 12 days (not that I'm counting) for our 19th wedding anniversary!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BeachBumGary
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My hubby and I decided we needed some ocean therapy so we drove down to Destin for a long weekend. It had been about 10 years since our last visit and our first visit without the kids, so we were looking for somewhere a little out of the ordinary to stay. I ran across the Henderson Park Inn on trip advisor and called, luckily they had one room left for two nights, did we ever get lucky! When we arrived at the Inn we were greeted with happy, smiling faces and we saw this our whole visit. We were in the main building on the third floor and my only complaint was the small balcony, although the view was still amazing. We went down with the plan of not leaving the property, and with breakfast and lunch included and dinner available at the restaurant we didn't think that we would have to, but we forgot to turn our menu in for lunch so we did have to run out once, so make sure to get this in on time! Breakfast was great with the best waffle I have ever eaten. We had dinner both nights at the restaurant and it was also some of the best food I have ever had, not to mention the view was to die for. The service was also exceptional. I can't say enough good about HPI and we are already planning our next visit!

2  Thank TNIslandGirl