“can't Go wrong”
Review of Henderson Park Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Henderson Park Inn
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I Knew It Would Be Good Because Of The Reviews But I Had No Idea How Good. The Second We Walked In The Door We Were Given First Class Service. The Staff Make It Their Priority To Make Sure You Are Well Taken Care Of. The Rooms Were Amazing And The Privacy Is Something I Have Never Experienced In Florida! Can't Wait To Return:)

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Henderson Park Inn is a perfect, romantic escape with first-class service in an absolutely picturesque setting. We have stayed at many nice places, but Henderson Park Inn takes top honors! Every need is attended to- wine, fruit and roses when you arrive; every whim attended to while you stay; and a promise to return. The hotel is clean, romantic, and PRIVATE. What completes the experience is the guest service provided by Stephanie and Nicole at the front desk. Stephanie in particular was amazingly helpful. She provided all guests with impeccable service, assistance, and cheer. She really made the trip wonderful.

Meals:
The breakfasts are amazing (and included!!!)– chef Greg sees that you have whatever you could dream up for the first meal of the day. Choose to eat inside, on the veranda with a sea breeze, or on the patio- all surrounded by beautiful; ocean views! The boxed lunches are delicious. We ate every night at he restaurant- the food was great but what kept us what Nick- the most amazing server that you will ever have. Kudos to him on the most fabulous service, precise description of fare, and just making each dinner perfect.
Each evening the complimentary happy hour is awesome. I had the BEST pina colada ever. They offer a range of drinks (top shelf), bee, and wine. Served on the deck overlooking the ocean you can sit on a porch swing, chat with other guests, or take your cocktail and enjoy the view on your balcony. They circulate appetizers and each night they were delicious!
Also, make sure to try Chef Greg’s cooking class. As stated, he is amazing. You’ll go home with a recipe that will impress!

Rooms:
We were on our 10-year anniversary and stayed in Suite 209- corner room . A little pricey, but we were celebrating and the view from the balcony was amazing. The room was clean, cozy, and romantic. We were there for the beach and Henderson Park Inn set up beach chairs and umbrellas each morning. The national park is right next-door so you have uninterrupted views of pristine beach and amazing sand dunes.

Overall:
Again, we had the most amazing time. We stayed June 2-5 and the hotel was full, but not crowed in the least. We had read the glowing review in Southern Living, but our experience far exceeded the magazine’s rave description. Ryan, the general manager, was on site and attentive. The staff was great. I hope he reads this and gives his everyone a big congrats. We will be back…SOON!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank k m
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have stayed here many times and we are never disappointed. They always live up to their great reputation. The employees have customer service down to a fine art. Everyone here loves their job and it shows in how well they take care of you. Making sure you are happy is their number one goal every moment. It starts at the front desk with Tammy and Ryan, where you are made to feel welcome and special and continues on with Chef Greg who prepares (to your order) the best breakfast you could ever want. The facilities, the staff, the food, the service and the views are impeccable! The amenities are wonderful, and go way beyond any other place we have stayed. Because they border a state beach, you can really relax and get away from all of the crowds in Destin, and because of the wonderful breakfast, lunch, happy hour and Beach Walk Cafe, you never have to leave this serene property if you don't want to. From the moment we walk into our room (corner room on 2nd floor) we open our patio doors and never close them, so we can enjoy the sound and view of the ocean and the dolphins that swim by. If you want a relaxing, restful vacation with the best rooms and views and the best staff of people to take care of your every need, then you need to get to Henderson Park Inn soon, you will not be sorry. They are number ONE for a reason: they deserve it!! Not really fair to mention some of the staff by name, because EVERYONE on staff is fantastic. Thanks to all of you for making our time with you the very best. We enjoy every moment and can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: Love the corners rooms in the East Building, you get to see the ocean and the sunsets from your room...
1  Thank rsnewhall
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance workers were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The breakfast each day was very well done with a good selection. The "Free Wi-Fi" wasn't so great, especially in the East building. Even one of the workers there stated they were constantly have issues with their Wi-Fi. The room was always clean and very nice. The balcony was extremely small, smaller than even a cruise ship and in order for the chairs to fit, they has to be turned sideways.While this Inn has many great amenities and is directly on the Gulf, for the price, you can certainly find something less expensive and just as nice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the East Building in Room 312. They call it a Junior Executive Suite. Just keep in mind...
1  Thank RCA1012
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My husband and I went here for a mini weekend honeymoon and we enjoyed it so much we decided to drive back down for this coming weekend! The staff members are so friendly and the amenities are amazing! The free drinks during happy hour are awesome and it is nice to be able to have beach chairs included! We loved the wine, grapes, and chocolate waiting for us in our room. We stayed in the executive suite in the second building and it was very nice! The view was FANTASTIC and the bed was very comfortable! The walls are just a tad thin so we could hear our neighbors and people walking around above us but it wasn't bothersome. The eggs at breakfast are to die for! we also at dinner at the Beachwalk Cafe and thoroughly enjoyed it!

Can't wait to go back this weekend!

Room Tip: Get a view of the beach if it is available!
3  Thank AmandaG197
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Okay, my sister and I planned a road trip to Florida. Both of us had friends to visit, in Jacksonville and Tallahassee(sp?). We wanted to spend weekends with them so we ended up with filling time during the week.I told my sister I had always heard that Destin was wonderful with beautiful beaches. We are both beach people so we started looking around. My sister found the Henderson Park Inn in Destin and was really interested. I checked the website and I was hooked. This Inn is also a Bed and Breakfast and apparently one of the most "romantic places in the US". Well, that wasn't a draw for us but it is beautiful and has a state park on one side which provides a very private beach.
This was the most expensive place that I have ever stayed at but the amenities took the sting out of it. Every morning there is an unbelievable breakfast buffet, with a Chef to make you anything you may want.It is truly casual elegance.You can eat in the restaurant, out on the deck or take it to your room. If you have a special order they will bring it to you wherever you are.The first morning, Wednesday, I believe, there was a cooking lesson by one of the chefs.My sister has a catering business and literally soaked up every tip he shared. For me, it was free so I was in. Overall it was very entertaining, good and they served Bloody Mary's so I had a great time.
The place is pretty quiet during the day, almost everyone is out on the beach, enjoying the beautiful weather and water.
At 4:00 p.m. things pick up. It's time for the free Happy Hour at the Tike Bar.Suddenly you realize that that are other people staying there. But what a great experience that turned out to be. It was all couples but I have never met a more delightful group of people. Most were "regulars" there and came back time after time. I really don't think that there are many places like this left.
We had a wonderful time, met great people and felt very catered to and welcome. We only planned to stay 2 nights but added on a third cause we just didn't want to leave.
I should add that we had dinner in the restaurant and had a fantastic meal and a great time with other diners. Unfortunately, some of our new friends did not have the greatest experience the next night, they reported cold food and poor service. I guess we went on a good night.
Bottom line, there are rumors that this Inn will not be around forever so I can only relate my own personal experience. It will remain one of the most special and wonderful memories for me.
It is without a doubt worth looking into.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are for couples but they do have rooms that accommodate friends and family.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Randy M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We found Henderson Park Inn on Tripadvisors and were most pleased with the accomodations. We arrived on 5/13/13 were greeted promptly, checked in, and given a brief tour. We then went to happy hour and had dinner at Walk in the Park. A very delightful experience. Our room, 109, in the newer building was quiet, modern, and had wine, fruit, and water along with a gorgeous beach view waiting for us. The next day we had a choose whatever you want breakfast and lunch sandwiches along with the daily happy hour which was always fun. The bartender works so hard since there is a crowd of 20-30 people there and it is only an hour. Beach chairs and an umbrella always seem to be available. We are from Houston and will probably drive here next year and stop in New Orleans on the way.
As for some of the recent negative comments, the hotel is not cheap despite all the free amentities. There is also an 18+% tax on top. The most curious is the variable resort fee of 5.3%. Since I was in one of the more expensive rooms should I expect/receive better service than someone in the lower priced mini-suite. Since everyone was really nice to me and knew my name, maybe I did. Most resort fees that I have seen are flat fees and I think this one should be also. They also have a LDW fee, like rental cars, to prepay for damage to the room. I have never seen that before. I cannot comment about other room quality but ours was in excellent shape with no problems. I also like the Tommy Bahama toiletries.

Room Tip: The rooms in on the first 2 floors of the newer building have great balconies