“Pretty good”
Review of The Surf Hut

The Surf Hut
Ranked #13 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to The Surf Hut, the newest restaurant addition to the South Walton, Destin/Miramar Beach area. Sit back, relax and enjoy the view! This brand new, open air restaurant is located directly on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico and is the place to be all year long! The Surf Hut has a menu that goes far beyond your typical 'beach fare' and adds a little surfer flare to a cuisine that includes Seafood, Oysters and St. Louis Style BBQ! Kids meals are served in a take home souvenir frisbees and we've got a custom game area on the beach where you can grab a game of corn hole while you watch the waves and sip a delicious signature frozen libation from our full bar! Whether you're looking for a place for lunch while you're enjoying the beach, a local spot to get fresh from the Gulf seafood, date night or a family friendly place to bring the kids, The Surf Hut has got something for everyone! Boogie on down to The Surf Hut, enjoy the food, the fun and the waves! See you soon!
Murray, Kentucky
“Pretty good”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

The food and drinks were good, although I don't think they were quite worth the price. My sister said the fish tacos were great though. It has a really great atmosphere and it is nice that it is right on the beach. Overall, a pretty nice place but definitely much more touristy than I typically like.

Monroe City, Missouri
“Good Experience & Good Service”
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Our server, Samantha, was extremely helpful and pleasant. We were a group of 9 and they were able to seat us in less than 5 minutes. Grandchildren liked the fish and popcorn shrimp from kids menu. The seafood platter was good and they accommodated our wish to substitute for the gumbo. I know this is a relative new place and read other comments about a young staff not seeming to care but they were all terrific. You need to try this place out. Might think about having some shrimp that is peel and eat.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank 1pt4brd
“Just above average”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

After reading good reviews here, we decided to give the surf hut a try. Our calamari appetizer was pretty good. It was crispy and we'll seasoned. The grouper tacos I had were just okay. The rice that accompanied was dismal. My husband went with the captain's platter which he said was just okay as well. The "gumbo" that came with it was terrible. We are from south louisiana, and trust me, it was not gumbo. Guess I should have expected that in Florida. My daughter had shrimp, chicken and fillet skewers which were good but served with that rice again. The best part of it probably was the view, which was beautiful. It certainly was not the check. The total with 15% gratuity was around $95. Guess that's what you get in a tourist town.

1 Thank M G
Destin, Florida
“fantastic dinning experience on the beach”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Wonderful Experience

The setting is exquisite, very large open windows open the view to each table on the beach side and let the breeze carry the outside in. Makes the visit very worthwhile for all ages.
Our server Conrad was fantastic, always attentive and very helpful with information on all the food, and drinks.

Jenks, Oklahoma
“Best restaurant visited on our 7 day vacation.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our waitress, Tara was awesome!! I shared I was interested in a good fish and I love crab meat. She recommend the grouper with lump crab meat called the seared gulf grouper which I highly recommend! My wife order the catch of the day which was grilled cobia with the mango salsa. She had never had cobia before and loved it! Came time for dessert and Tara recommended the Key Lime pie which was one of the best I've ever had. The whole family ranted and raved over it. Tara's food recommendations were right on!!! In addition, I love Fat Tire beer and they had it! We go down to Destin, FL once a year and this will be a tradition eating at The Surf Hut in the future.