“Outstanding value on the beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Oats Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Destin
Sea Oats Motel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Milledgeville, Georgia
“Outstanding value on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I took our first visit to Destin 9/21 to 9/24 for a short get away. Having never stayed in Destin I searched TripAdvisor and found Sea Oats, man are we glad we did. The apartment we rented O-3 is on the second floor directly above the office, unlike the motel rooms there is an elevator to each of the 2 floors above the office area.
The room has a king sized bed in a small, but not too small bedroom immediately to the right when entering the apartment, there is a TV in the bedroom. Next is the bathroom which has a full tub/shower. Next is the kitchen area with a full sized refrigerator, stove, microwave and important to us a coffee maker, there is a dining table between the kitchen and the living area. From there you enter the living area which is comfortable with a sleeper sofa and one chair, there is a medium sized flat screen TV which received around 60 channels.
The smallish balcony has 2 chairs overlooking the pool and there is a limited view of the ocean. We could hear the ocean but we could also hear the pumps for the pool, so that was a negative for us but certainly not something that bothered us a great deal.
Everything was clean, there was plenty of towels for our 3 night stay but you could swap out your towels for clean ones in the office if you need. There is no daily housekeeping service at Sea Oats.
The beach is beautiful and really only about a minute walk from the room, 2 chairs and an umbrella are available for rental each day for $25. We found restaurants close by and also I played golf as there are several courses close by from which to chose.
The staff was friendly from the 2 ladies I spoke with in the office to the maintenance man I spoke with for about 10 minutes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank J-C-Corn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This trip was my 2nd annual visit at the Sea Oats. I upgraded from a Kitchenette to a Cabana Club Condo. Mgmt has remodeled a lot of units and had done a remarkable job, which is still ongoing. The customer really does come 1st with excellent attention to detail. The pool area is clean, well kept and heated to around 85.

The beach is like Barbados or Grand Cayman w/o the long airplane ride. The beach grader comes early each AM to level and smooth the powdery whits sand. Next year I am planning to visit twice a year for a week each stay.

It's all about location, weather, and a experience staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This motel is literally on gulf front, no walking a half mile to the beach, no crossing traffic etc. great staff, extremely clean inside and out, comfortable beds, kitchenette a real bonus large fridge. Oh yeah very nice pool. This place is a gem in Destin, I hope they never sell out, I'm thinking this is the last motel that's actually truly gulf front in Destin everything else is condos and mini mansion houses. We will return in the next month for a short relaxing getaway.

Room Tip: Ask for first floor, you can walk right out to the sand.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Melanie F
kimberly815
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times over the years, and have been pretty happy. However, this year was different. The bathtub in our room was nothing short of disgusting. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years, the coating was chipping off and the rubber mat inside was covered in mildew on the bottom. When traveling with a small child, this is awful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kimberly815
Benton, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This motel had a very nice view and a good location. I was under the impression that I was going to walk out my backdoor onto the sand, which wasn't the case. We had to walk down the deck area and down stairs to get to the beach, but it was still about as close as possible. There is no housekeeping and you have to go to the office to get your own towels. Overall, we had a good experience.

Room Tip: get a room on the end away from the pool, it will be closer to the steps to get to the beach.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CTip
Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved this quaint little motel. I read lots of review about Destin hotels before we booked this place, and I was very hesitant to book this place…But I am SOO glad we did!!! We had booked the Hilton for only 2 nights and it was pretty expensive, so I kept looking to see if we could find a better deal. We have the money to spend, but I’m such a barging shopper by nature. I went ahead and booked the Sea Oats because we could get 3 night for less than 2 nights at the Hilton. That won me over! I think the best advice to give is one I read in someone else’s review, and they hit the nail on the head. “If you want a fancy, resort style vacation, this is not the place for you.” BUT if you want a nice little, quaint, clean room just steps to the sand, then this place is perfect!!! There is no housekeeping and you have to turn in your towels, but that just gives you a chance to ask the front desk for great local spots!  For us, waking up, walking out of our bottom floor room, and walking right out to the sand, was all we needed! We will absolutely be back to the Sea Oats Motel! Hopefully, make it an annual trip!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelBug2312
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm not sure why there's some negative reviews on this place, our stay was amazing. We stayed on 2nd floor efficiency with our 9mon old & 6yr old, on corner right by pool which is quiet bc pool closes @ dark. Great for kids, its so easy to walk down to beach & back to room to eat a snack, use the potty, or nap. No you don't have room service and daily maid service, but you do get clean towels daily & if you need anything else the office can supply they're happy to, I think small price to pay for so much privacy! It's like your own little apartment, so clean up after yourselves & you will be fine. The location is key, clean, private, well maintained beach literally right off your back door! Our room was clean, updated & smelled wonderful! We saw dolphins swim by every night @ sunset & every morning but 1 around 7 am. So amazing! I will say the bedspreads are basic so bring your own comfy blankets from home, & your own chairs & umbrella ( we got 1@ Alvin's for $8) bc the chair service is only from 9-5 & $25. Other than that they supplied 4 of everything dishes & silverware wise & a full set of pots & pans, cooking utensils, & even dish soap! (Bring a can opener!) Overall, this place was great, walk right off property onto beach, great price, convenient for families with kids. We will definitely stay here over & over again every time we come to Destin!

Room Tip: I would suggest 2nd floor because you have a private balcony, ours was shaded. We stayed on corner r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family