“Silver Beach Towers East”

Silver Beach Towers Resort
Ranked #16 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed at Silver Beach Towers East in a Penthouse of August 2012 and it was amazing. Beautiful, huge Penthouse easy pool and beach access. One of the best trips we have ever taken. Convient grills and conviently located near all the attraction. The room was clean and the area was quiet. We absolutely loved it and cannot wait to go back again next year! Destin is gorgeous and its even more gorgeous when you are staying 1st class! Thanks SIlver Beach Towers for the wonderful experience!!!

3  Thank Slybester
There are newer reviews for Silver Beach Towers Resort

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed in West tower room 1505. Lovely condo and beautiful view. This property is well maintained with two very nice pools. Beach set up is great. We walked along the beach and saw other properties but Silver Beach seems so much nicer. We cant wait to go back next September!

Room Tip: !505 is very nicely decorated and very clean.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank louisadi1
Reviewed September 23, 2012

It's hard to be disappointed staying on the beach, but Visionary Rentals and unit 705 West made it happen with filthy carpets, serious scuff marks on the walls, and misleading pricing. We paid approximately $170 more for a 4-night stay than if we had rented through Compass Rentals instead of Visionary, for the same unit! Only upon arriving did we discover that Silver Beach Towers maintains two different rental agencies. We were told by Compass (onsite) to drive down the road to the Visionary offices to check in. On a positive note, the Visionary rep, Carol, was very nice and apologetic for the room's condition.

The icing on the cake: Compass offers complementary beach chairs; with Visionary, they're $25/day.

We will not stay here again. There are too many superior options in the Destin area.

• Stayed: September 2012
8  Thank B_Took
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We just returned from our trip at SBT. This is the 2nd time we've stayed there and I do think the property is very nice. The pools are large and there are about plenty of chairs and picnic tables. We booked our trip through Compass Resorts. I worked with Christine several times and she was very pleasant to work with.

While I enjoy the condo and it's amenities I was very disappointed in how I was treated by Steven, the President of the Home Owners Association. The first day we went to the beach I left a baby float under one of the chairs as we went to the beach. We were planning on taking my 11 month old to the pool on the way back to the condo. As any parent can understand, my arms were full with carrying my baby and all the items that come along with taking a child to the beach. We were staying at the condo in mid-September so the pool was virtually empty and only about 10 of the 100+ chairs were taken all day. I did not think that leaving a baby float under a chair would be an issue as there were plenty of chairs to go around. When we returned to the pool about 90 minutes later the float was taken. I went to the HOA office to see if they had it and I was told that I'm not allowed to leave anything at the pool. I explained to Steven that I have a small child, who cannot walk, and I could not carry everything to the beach. I asked that if I bring a float down again would I be able to leave it by the pool since the pool was virtually empty. He told me no. We discussed the issue for several minutes. I understand that there are rules but Steven's approach was extremely condescending and rude. To me it felt very unreasonable that I could not leave a baby float anywhere without it being taken away. In my opinion Steven handled the situation very poorly and does not represent the home owners well. While I think SBT is one of the best condo properties in Destin and the unit we rented was extremely nice, my experience with Steven would keep me from renting the unit again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank C B
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our family has been staying ast Silver Beach Towers for the last couple of years and we absolutely love it. We love it so much that we have decided that this will be "our" vacation spot from now on. We are completely satisfied with everything we have experienced over the last couple of years. The security is a comfort, room selections are amazing, hospitality is great, pool and beach services and ammenities are indescribable. I hope everyone has a chance to experience this amazing resort at some point. I know we will for years to come.

2  Thank ScottLee519
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I've stayed at SBT for several years and love it. I've had 2 BR, 3 BR, 3BR PH and 5 BR PH condos and they have all been excellent. The views are fantastic, the condos are equiped with literally everything you need in terms of kitchen/bedding/etc. and the pools and beach area are perfect.

One of the best things about SBT though is that there is a stop light at the entrance to the resort. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the value of having that stop light there, especiallly if you plan on being in Destin between June and September (traffic is terrible during those months).

Compass resorts manages this condo now and they were great to work with. No problems and highly recommend SBT.

Room Tip: Compass Resorts have pictures of every condo they manage on their website, just browse for what you...
1  Thank Sherm
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The Silver Beach Towers (SBT) have units that are individual own and managed by different management companies. This is the reason some of the visitors love their and others don’t. My personal experience with W1005 is awesome. Our family will definitely come back and here are the main reasons. All bed rooms and living room has ocean front view which is great. On top of that the unit has a large balcony with audio speakers. It makes the stay very enjoyable. Destin has great white sugar powder sandy beach similar to our other favorite beaches in Siesta Key near Sarasota Florida. However, Destin is within our driving distant from Dallas. The beach is awesome. SBT has secured cover parking. This is handy during summer during brief showers and the elevator steps away from the parking. The unit is very well kept and we can smell the touch up paint done prior to our visit. We enjoyed all the interior furniture and decorations. The rooms are very comfortable and warm. The appliances are in great shape and functional. You should Google and visit the virtual tour. I am very impress with the tower architecture design which indicates a well thought design. The elevator only access to 3 condos per floor, this eliminates traffic and kids running around in typical hotels or condos. The unit has audio speakers in all rooms. The master bath has huge indoor Jacuzzi and shower area. We love all the rooms in this unit. It has washer, dryer, free (or how about include) WiFi, beach chairs and it make us feel like home away from home. The pools are nice but we spent most of our times on the beach. Destin offers a lot of restaurants and things to do. We knew Destin has great beach but were waiting to find a nice place to stay. After visiting the W1005 virtual tour and read a few reviews on this unit, we picked this place and we were glad. We will come back.

Room Tip: For your trip, make sure that you read the reviews on specific units. This unit W1005 is a very nice...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family