“One Of The Best”

Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Ranked #2 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We actually live fairly close but love to sneak away and stay here. Having been all over I can think of very few places that have a better view - watching the charter and pleasure boat parade and Destin Pass every day is really amazing. They really have made a tremendous effort to offer so many things to do. My kids absolutely love this place.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Thank you very much for your review. It's always nice to hear that our locals are taking advantage of what we have to offer. Coming from someone that truly appreciates what we have here at the harbor, its nice to know that I am not alone. We hope you come back and hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2010

All though it is in a nice location and very nice accommodations I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for couples. I went with my husband for a long weekend getaway to celebrate our anniversary (we're mid 40's and specifically wanted to get away from the kid-factor and have an adult vacation.) This is a VERY family friendly location, almost every couple there had 2.5 kids in tow. Property pool is way too small to accommodate as many families there plus it's only 4' max deep so shallow, warm and full of 1-8 yr olds. The beach is another problem since it's a water taxi away, extremely inconvenient. After waiting for the taxi then loading (tons more families with kids) and the trip over it's not so fun. The beach they bring you to is a small crescent and packed with more families, it's just not a romantic or couples local. Not to mention there is no bathrooms or food/drink service out there. At the end of the day I would only recommend this place for families that don't want to leave the general area for things to do. For anyone 25+ traveling solo or with a partner I would look to some of the many other locations in Destin that are both beautiful and affordable. The beaches are just great too by the way, not a drop of oil in sight!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kwisskay
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am sorry that you were not able to get the adult type getaway you were looking for. This time of year there are a ton of families down here trying to get to the beach one last time before school starts. If you want another adult getaway may I suggest mid September through October. The weather is still great and kids are in school. I think that would help with the getaway you are looking for. We hope that you will come stay with us again (shoot for fall if you want less kids).

Reviewed August 6, 2010

If you are looking for a place to have your fairytale wedding, The Emerald Grande should be at the top of your list. JPRoberts, Guest Service Manager, did an amazing job of coordinating all rooms, including ballroom, wedding party rooms and Captain's Deck - made everything perfect for everyone. The catering is beyond awsome - Ann Marie and her Food & Beverage staff created a menu that has left guests raving about the fabulous food since the wedding...Ann Marie's awsome staff, Jen, Dillan, Sean, to mention a few - and an amazing Intern Wedding Coordinator "Caitlin". They made this event a 'perfect fairytale wedding'. Would not change a thing.....Thanks so much for making a destination wedding everything it could be and more.....

• Stayed: July 2010
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2010

Thank for sharing your kind words about everyone. I remember when we talked and I told you not to worry and that everything would turn out great and you were like "are you sure?" We are used to all of the chaos that goes into planning a wedding, as I know you experienced this first hand now. Anmarie is very good at what she does and I know she appreciates your gratitude. We take a great deal of pride in making things perfect, and it's great to hear that we delivered. Wish the bride and groom health and happiness for us, and come back down and say hi.

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I am THE PICKIEST traveler you'll ever meet. Tastefully decorated, beautiful Kitchen, comfortable beds, great food/room service, pools are nice, views are good...OVERALL...I LOVED IT...IF I LOVED IT, you will love it too!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

Thank you very much for your review. The pickiest traveler ever is quite a title to bestow upon yourself, but I think it's awesome that we were able to exceed your needs and expectations, that really means a lot to all of us. We hope you choose us again soon and we look forward to having you back.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

This is the best place in Destin to stay, absolutely everything at your fingertips, from shopping to fishing to boating to parasailing. There were a few downfalls that I did not care for: the pool was only 3ft deep, the beach is not right outside the door, but u can get to it by boat shuttle so that was ok. And as far as the condo itself, maid service came everyday but only made the bed and put dishes in dishwasher, did not replace the condiments in the bathroom nor did they change the toilet paper rolls.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
JamesRoberts40, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Thank you for such kind words. We like to make everything as convenient as possible and I am glad you took advantage of that. We arent right on the beach, but we try and make it as easy as possible to get to it with a fun little boat ride. Sorry that your items did not get replaced each day. If that happens next time you're here please just call the front desk so we can get some more up to you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I attended with my 13-yr-old daughter and my parents. We stayed for 7 days and never got bored. The guys loved the free and discounted round of golf every day. My mother, daughter & I loved the spa and fitness center. The on-site restaurant was amazing -- delicious food and great service.

The pool was clean and there were always plenty of chairs. We only went to the beach one day, but it was beautiful. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. I hope Regatta Bay didn't spoil you or make you question your game too much. Our restaurant does have some killer food, and if you didnt try the "Chicken on the Deck" sandwich I suggest you do on your next stay here. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed at the Emerald Grande during the last week of July and we were very impressed. We have five children and there was plenty of room for all of us (in a 2 BR plus bunk room) WITHOUT having to open a sleeper sofa! The accommodations were great and very quiet. We never heard anyone else in other units and it was also pretty quiet between rooms within the unit. Also, the rooms were extremely clean.

The pool area was really nice and I felt that there were plenty of chairs. The wide area of gradual entry to the pool was ideal for our two youngest. The baby also liked crawling along the soft playground on the pool deck.

As for the beach area, we enjoyed it but it can be a bit of an inconvenience to wait for the boat. The first day we went out, we stayed for quite some time and then decided to pack up our items and be ready for the next boat. We even went over to the area where the boat would land in order to prepare to board. Unfortunately, we didn't make it on that boat and had to wait for another. So probably for at least 40 minutes we were standing around waiting to return. For that reason, I didn't return with the two littlest kids the next time, but the older ones had a fantastic time on the beach.

The garage parking was convenient and easily accessible. Also, on Thursday night we were away for dinner and trying to return for the fireworks. We worried that we would not have a parking space, but the staff did a wonderful job of working to accomodate everyone and as guest residents, we were given priority in the garage.

My husband and son did the charter fishing trip and had a great time. We also ate poolside a couple of times and the food was excellent. Since the kids eat free (8 and under) it was also a good value.

The only negative thing that I can say is that the particular bed that we had was very soft. It seemed to be more worn out than a soft model (and looking at the mattress it was extremely clean, so couldn't have been very old). It creaked when you moved, though, and the softness made it difficult for my husband to sleep.

Overall, this was a great place to stay and if we ever return to the area, we will definitely look to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your review. I am happy that you were impressed with our establishment and location. Thursday nights can be kind of crazy down here, but we always make sure that our residents will have a parking spot, hopefully you made it back in time for the fireworks. Sorry the bed was a little soft and made some noise, we'll take a look at it. We hope to see you again soon.