“Exquisite Room With A View” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Ranked #2 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Houston, Texas
“Exquisite Room With A View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Check in was a breeze and took all of about ten minutes. We were greeted at the doorway by a bellman ready to unload our luggage. The amenities around the resort were explained in detail without taking too much time!..lol. We got to our room in the West Tower (3 bedroom, 2 full bath) overlooking the Gulf and the Bay area. The Condo was a very nice surprise!. All appliances were up to date (GE Profile), granite countertops and bathrooms, very comfortable beds and furniture. There were all sorts of activities for resort members to take part in just a minute outside the back door. A local hotel shuttle takes you to one of two beaches the hotel / resort takes care of. Jet skis, fishing charters, scuba trips, snuba and snorkeling are available just to name a few of the things families can do. All of this does cost you extra and is not billed to your room. Room service was prompt but expensive. There are plenty of stores close by to purchase groceries if one wishes and prices are comparable to Houston prices. We will definately be returning for future stays!!!

Room Tip: Get a room on the West Tower side facing the pool!. You will avoid being blinded by the sun all aft...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear salezmun66,

Thank you for your nice review of our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your accommodations as well as your overall stay with us. Your feedback is very important and valued. We look forward to serving you and your family again in the future.

Warmest regards,
Victoria Wyatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Where do I start? Could be a really terrific resort, HOWEVER, it just wasn't. The condos were beautiful. The parking was terrible. You can't leave the property once you park because you will never find another space. You kind of feel captive there. Unless you are in excellent shape and/or love to walk a million miles in extreme heat, do not stay here. All you do is walk. A lot. In heat. The elevators are super duper slow and are not air conditioned. Hallways are not air conditioned. Shops and restaurants at Harborwalk are okay but expensive. Oh and there is no beach. We knew this but was under the impression there was a boat shuttle to a beach. Never saw the shuttle..which was okay because we dealt with enough heat by having to walk so much. Very nice condos but resort as a whole was overrated.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank NEWhereButHere
NEWhereButHere ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Emerald Grande. I apologize you had some issues during your stay with us. We are aware we are one of the largest attractions in Destin so our security officers do their best to monitor our parking to ensure all our owners and guests have a place to park. We even have two floors dedicated in our large five story garage just for owners and guests only accessible by ran activated room key. Also, I'm disappointed to hear you never made it to the boat shuttle we offer. We actually now have two shuttles that run daily (weather permitting) throughout the day to two different beaches. Again, I want to thank you for your review. I encourage you to contact me if there is anything further I can assist with. My direct number is (850) 424-0631 and my email is vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We rented a two bedroom and a three bedroom condo, both units were nicely furnished with comfortable beds and TVs in all rooms. That is the only positive thing I can say about the place.

1. It is not on a beach - they have boat shuttles that will take you over to a beach in the bay. However after two days of rain, the weather cleared up and the sun came out at 1:30pm. We got everyone ready to go to the beach only to find out the hotel had shut down the boat service for the day because it had rained that morning. There is no way to walk to a beach from the hotel - the conceirge actually suggested we pack everyone up in the car and drive five miles down the road to the Hilton where they have a fantastic beach.
2. They now have two beach locations (both in the bay) with two boat shuttles running. But they only have one boat slip - the shuttles are completely unorganized and we sat on the boat 45 minutes both ways while the staff tried to coordinate which boat would go back to the slip (it is a 5 minute boat ride from beach to slip.)
3. There are no restrooms at the beach - you have to use the bathroom on the boat shuttle. The water at the beach was a brown whiskey color because of all the rain trapped in the bay while the ocean was a beautiful emerald green - wish we had stayed somewhere with an ocean front beach.
4. Between our two condos we had the following problems: Fridgerator wouldn't cool, washing machine wouldn't work, AC wouldn't turn on, bedroom door to patio wouldn't lock and kept blowing open throughout the night, shower head had a leak that sprayed the sheetrock ceiling while you showered and the dishwasher leaked on the floor. Despite numerous calls we were only able to get the fridge and AC fixed.
5. The layout of the hotel with multiple elevators at different floors is very confusing. To get to the Harbor Walk village you must take an elevator down from your room to the pool level, walk outside across the pool deck (getting splashed by all the kids playing) and take and exterior elevator down to the street level. One of the two outdoor elevators was broken our entire stay and we literally waited between 10-25 minutes to take the elevator down to the Harbor Walk level.
6. We heard numerous people complaining at the front desk and they never so much as apologized. Their answer was "feel free to move to another hotel, but we will not refund you for any part of your stay."
7. This facility was meant to be sold as residential condos, not a hotel. There is one small pool that is filled with kids from 8am-9pm, the bar is rarely staffed, the gym equipment is old and much of it is in need of repairs, the indoor "pool" is literally 8'x8' and while we understood they did not offer traditional housekeeping - they didn't even bring fresh towels until after 7pm. Apparently they don't expect people to shower before dinner after a day at the beach.

Room Tip: Refuse to accept any room on the 3rd Floor west side. The cooling towers are incredibly noisy and t...
10 Thank LadyKC
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear LadyKC,

Thank you for your review. I apologize your stay was not enjoyable for you and your family. Your concerns about our locaton are unfortuante as it sounds like you may have preferred a location directly on the beach not on the harbor. As I have mentioned in previous reviews, our location is unique and appeals to many but not all depending on the type of vacation you are looking to book. I want to apologize you had some maintenace issues during your stay. During your visit to Destin, we had some bad weather and complications tend to come with that so I am sorry you had to experience this. I did look up your reservation and was able to find that our maintenance team quickly responded and resolved all your issues reported. And finally, I'm sorry to hear that you felt our staff was not apologetic or courteous as I will surely address this with them since we all truly take customer service and satisfaction very seriously here at Emerald Grande. I regret that we were unable to meet during your stay but I still encourage you to contact me directly if there is anything further I can assist you with. My contact number is (850) 424-0631 and my email is vwyatt@legendaryinc.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

San Antonio, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

After previewing tons of condos in the Destin area, we decided to stay at the Emerald Grande. We were so glad that we did. We had a wonderful time at the Emerald Grande! It was very comfortable for a family of four. We had plenty of room. We loved everything about our room. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops. The refrigerator even had an icemaker. We had a great view from our balcony. It was so nice to have a washer and dryer in the room. The food at the Emerald Grande was fantastic! The Emerald Grande was conveniently located to everything. We will definitely stay at the Emerald Grande again in the future.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the lower level close to the pool area.
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had a number of issues with the Emerald Grande. First, we had to stay in one room for Thursday night, then be moved into the room we wanted for the remainder of our weekend. The girl on the phone said, "it will be seamless, move you out of one into the other". Well, not so seamless, we had to be out of the first room by 10 AM and we not into our new room until 3:30 PM. The front desk person at night was rude and didn't want to help, pushed it off on the day shift who was very busy all day and acted like we were bothering them. The room was nice but it wasn't very clean. A lot of "stuff" splatted on the walls, toilet was dirty, rugs are stained and worn out. The biggest problem with this place is it is right across the street from Mc Gires Irish pud who's music is so loud that you can't sleep. The music went until 1:30 AM and 2:30 AM on Saturday. There are a lot of loud partiers. Oh and there is a pirate ship that goes up and down the harbor shooting off canons every hour. You are also right on the highway so you hear road noise 24/7. If you are looking for a nice quiet place to relax, this is not the place for you. PLUS, the people on the phone said its right on the beach. It is NOT. You have to take a boat over to the "beach".

Room Tip: Try for the back of the East Tower
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mike F
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Mike F,

Thank you for your review. I apologize you had some issues during your room move. We try to do our best prioritizing our room moves but with the high volume we experience especially in the peak summer time, they sometimes are a little bit of a challenge. The noise especially during peak season does come as a challenge and I do apologize that it may have inconvenienced your stay. Our location does serve either as a perk or drawback for our guests depending on what type of stay they are here for. Many though like the convenience of our location as it is centrally located in Destin. If there is anything you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate contacting me directly at vwyatt@legendaryinc.com or (850) 424-0631.

Charleston SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We made arrangements to do a timeshare here. We are not the owners but my aunt was kind enough to make arrangements. She was given a confirmation number and told the condo would have 3 bedrooms and three baths - all bedrooms would have king or queen beds. She even went to spend a weekend there to check out the property. We invited two other couples to join us since we had such a large place. When we arrived - the room was not ready. We were told we would be in a 3 bedroom 2 bath and that one bedroom had bunk beds. That one bedroom with a bunk was really an owners closet that they had made into a bedroom. No windows, no chest of drawers and no room to move around. On top of that we had NO hot water.

After two days of complaining and the audacity of them trying to sell us a timeshare they finally moved us - I believe ONLY because one couple were Wyndham owners. Wyndam blamed the hotel, the hotel blamed Wyndham and we were stuck in the middle.

They finally relented and moved us to the Presidential suite. NOW the fun began. If you have an opportunity to stay in the Presidential suite it is amazingly gorgeous - views are incredible, the furnishing tasteful and the room sized HUGE!

The location is great and there is lots to see and do. They don't have access to the beach but the little beach in the harbor that they have is nice and the views are great.

We would definitely return to the panhandle but not so much Emerald Grande Harbor.

Room Tip: Be sure you know the rooms you are getting the ones over the pool area are very loud.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank imagineakumal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

We are here right now and I have mixed feelings! We are a Wyndham guest and I am not impressed. We have stayed at many places , even Panama City and this is the worst room ever! Our carpet is soaked in our room, it got all my things wet!! All the furniture is dirty and gross! The Couch and chairs have stains and.. i cant Bare to sit on any of the furniture!!!The luani is sticky, has stains and you must wear shoes on it! The view is horrible ! I am staring at a parking lot! I am overall disappointed in the room, we are VIP members and I am used to staying in clean , nice and great view of a room. This has been a major turn off!! I also asked them if they could do something special when I arrived for my parents 30th wedding anniversary and they didn't! We have another week here and I don't have high hopes! We traveled 17 hrs for this !

2 positive things the boardwalk is neat, but the noise!!!!
The beds are comfortable !

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Slgreenlee
Slgreenlee,

Thank you for taking the time to review Emerald Grande. I'm sorry to hear you were not pleased with your accomodations. While on property, we did try to assist you by moving you into another unit per your request but unfortunately, the views from all our 3 bedroom plus harbor views which you booked are liked or disliked by personal preference. Some truly enjoy the view from the balcony as you have both a view of city of Destin as well as the Destin harbor. Because you did not like the view in these units, I think you would have preferred a 3 bedroom deluxe harbor view as these are faced around the pool to avoid any views of parking lots. If you decide to pay us another visit you may want to consider this. As for the housekeeping issues, I do apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced. Please trust that all your issues have been addressed directly with my Director of Housekeeping. If there is anything further you would like to discuss please feel free to contact me at vwyatt@legendaryin.com or (850) 424-0631.

Best regards,