“poor customer service”

Ranked #2 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Fort Smith, Arkansas
“poor customer service”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The overall appearance of the property is nice, however the customer service at the front desk (initials C.A.) was beyond rude!!! We sent an email to the Guest Services Manager, Victoria Wyatt, and left a voice mail, however no response.
Overall if you don't care about being treated like a guest, just need a place to stay for a hefty price then this is the place.....But there are so many better choices in Destin!!

2 Thank sheri410
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear sheri410,

Thank you for reviewing Emerald Grande. First, I would like to apologize for your experience. I had a nice conversation with your husband on Thursday when I returned your phone call after being out of the office in the afternoon. I think all your concerns were addressed with him but if you would also like to speak please feel free to contact me too as I would like to clear the air and ensure you that none of our intentions were poor as you previously indicated. My direct line is (850) 424-0631 and my email is vwyatt@legendaryinc.com. I look forward to your speaking with you.

Best regards,
Victoria Wyatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Korean first
biringham
Reviewed February 23, 2013

can't fine your way around ,no one cares, food was bad, hard to check in, pool was dirty, room dirty, should have something free like a boat ride. i"ll never stay there again.no beach try taking three kids to the beach and walking a mile, hallways dirty, trash rooms dirty,

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank larry b
Dear larry b,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Emerald Grande. I apologize you may have had a negative experience. I did not get much details out of the review so if there is anything you would like to discuss more in detail I encourage you to contact me directly as I feel you may have not had a full experience since you mentioned things like the boat shuttle which we do have one that runs daily to the closest beach. My contact is (850) 424-0631 and/or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Best,
Temple, Georgia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We were impressed by the beauty of the facility. However, the sofa in our condo was old and should have been taken out of service. The stove and microwave still had grease spatters from the previous occupants. Those are small things that are not so bad, but the master bedroom mattress was horrible! It was worn out to the point that you had no support whatsoever. IT WAS NOT JUST A SOFT MATTRESS! I don't mind a soft mattress. The young girl at the front desk tried to dismiss it saying that all the mattresses were the same, so that's why they didn't get back with us about it. Really? You pay that much for a few nights' stay and they don't have the common courtesy to follow up after the maintenance man pats on the bed and says he will tell the front desk. The front desk staff needs some more training on how to professionally deal with problems. Arguing with guests is not the way to do business. We didn't want anything extra, we just wanted a decent night's sleep. I probably will not recommend it to anyone.

2 Thank Jennifer V
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Jennifer V,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize about the housekeeping issue but if I recall correctly it was handled immediately after being reported. As for the mattress, I am unsure how we could have alleviated that concern. Maintenance reported the bed was less than a year old and could not find anything wrong with it. Even after you reported the mattress issue upon departure, our Guest Services Representative had maintenance reinspect it. Our beds are actually one of our biggest compliments as they are made exclusively for our property. If you would like to discuss the issue more in depth please call me directly at (850) 424-0631. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay and would like to help in any way I can. I look forward to speaking with you.

Warmest regards,
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Let's be honest, you're in Destin for the beach and the emerald green water. This resort sits right on the Destin Harbor with unbelievable sunset views and easy access to the Destin Harborwalk Village. You can walk right to fishing charters, upscale retail shops, and even encounter a concert or two. But I go to Destin for the beach, and in order to get to a beach I had to hop in my car and go across the bridge to Oskaloosa Island or take advantage of the resort's water taxi that would drop me off at a beach about a 10 minute boat ride away from the resort. The resort beach was very small and was inside the harbor so there was no wake or crashing waves or anything. You're also stuck at the beach until the taxi comes back, which is supposed to be every 30 minutes. In our case we had to wait an hour past the time that we were ready to go. I can't say a bad thing about the property because it was gorgeous. But the main reason I go to Destin is the beach, and I could have stayed in a cheaper place with MUCH better access. If you're going to go to Destin and stay in your room and look at the view this is a good place for you. If you're like me and spend half of every day on the beach, you're better off saving some cash.

Room Tip: I would have preferred the harbor view, even though the balconies are smaller. You have a much bett...
1 Thank Diddy1818
Denville, New Jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We are Wyndham owners and this is one of their premier resorts. It offers great accommodations -easy access to all Destin and surrounding area attractions. A stroll through the Harbor Walk Village is just steps away and includes restaurants and shoppes.
Discounts offered to Wyndham owners for the Spa and Regatta Bay Golf Course as well as other activities.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Msriether,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm excited to hear you were able to enjoy some of the perks as a Wyndham owner during your visit to Emerald Grande. I hope you decide to pay us another visit in the near future.

Warmest regards,
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are so glad we are here and getting a beautiful place to stay. It has everything. Rooms are spacious and loaded with all the extras. The views on the balcony are very nice. Room service, great to stay in a condo that smells clean and I'm very sensitive.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank dining_nsw
Panama City, Florida, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Emerald Grande is a wonderful place to choose for your family to relax and enjoy all that this wonderful property has to offer. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The beds are so comfortable it is hard to get up in the morning to look out your balcony and beautiful sights. There is so much to do and see that you hardly have to leave the property.

Room Tip: Higher floor for the View!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family