“Great Family Vacation, Excellent Views and Hotel Decor” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
Ranked #2 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Houston, Texas
“Great Family Vacation, Excellent Views and Hotel Decor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We booked our 4 bedroom villa with corner balconies, overlooking the harbor and boardwalk area. This was a fantastic view. We were amazed with the up to date appliances and granite counter tops in the kitchen. All bedrooms were cozy, comfortable and felt like a home away from home. Kids stayed in the bunk bedroom with the oversize bathroom which was perfect for little ones constantly playing in beach front and pool. Will definitely stay again. Elevators were a little slow on check out day so prepare yourself on busy check in/outs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This property pretty much had it all for us. The location right on the Destin East Pass is magical. The 3 bedrooms, washer and dryer added to this beautiful place was so convienient for my family and made for lighter packing and a good night's sleep for all. The beach area that you are transported to via ferry is awesome. This is my hometown, but I left many years ago to move to So Flo. This was such a treat! My advice, get out in Destin & Ft. Walton and enjoy local seafood. Much cheaper and better than the tourist traps. Louisiana Lagnape SP?, Harbour Docks, High Tide Oyster Bar, and Marina Cafe are favorites that have never disappointed. Make sure and have 2 local favorites: raw oysters on the half shell with a cold beer and the fried crab claws. Both are the best here if ordered at the right place.

Room Tip: Location, location, location. The expansive views from this property make it worth making sure that...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank FoodieGirl50
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

My family booked a 3BR 3BA Corner Residence directly thorough Emerald Grande. This was our 5th year to vacation in Destin but our 1st stay in Harborwalk. We arrived on Monday, August 13 around 5pm. Although there a number of people in line to check in, the line moved very quickly. We were greeted and checked in promptly by the front desk. We were given our keys, instructions on how to get around the property, which elevators to use and where we should park.

We were given unit 805 and the condo was everything we expected and more. Each bedroom was equipped with a TV and 2 of the bedrooms had access to the corner balcony. Our wrap around balcony was large and the view was wonderful.

We had an issue with the ice maker not working and at 1:30 am it began to make a very loud noise which woke us up. I called the front desk and was told that maintenance is only staffed until midnight but someone would sent up first thing the next morning. We could not get the noise to stop, so we unplugged the ice maker.We also had an issue with hotwater but after calling maintenance, it was fixed.

We did not use their beach because our favorite beach is located a short distance away across the street from the Big Kahuna water park. It is a public beach and is a great place to enjoy the blue water and white sand.

Restaurants at the resort are a little pricey but it was worth it for the convenience. Harry Ts is our favorite. The Crazy Lobster not so much (over priced)!!

We enjoyed our stay and look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner balcony!! You can't go wrong
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank b56pete
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
b56pete,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The corner units are definitely the best way to go. Once you stay in one of them, you will be spoiled and never want to stay in anything else! We hope to see you and your family soon.

Best,
Picayune, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed at the Emerald Grand many times and will be there next Friday. No worries to keep the kids happy, parents happy or even the one that likes an occasional cocktail:) No car needed because you can walk to restaurants, bars, live music, the beach, boat rentals, boat charters you name it. It is awesome! There is so much for kids to. Remember that the only difference between a 4 bedroom 4 bath unit and the 4 bedroom 4 bath Penthouse is that the ceiling is 1 ft. higher in the Penthouse and therefore cost a little more. If you get a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit, all of them face the hwy. so splurg just a little and get at least a 3 bedroom. Room service for breakfast is the way to go because their breakfast is awesome and believe it or not it doesn't cost a fortune like other places. If you want to grill, call ahead and reserve the grill. They will set it up by the pool and you have an entire area set up for your party. If it rains no worries, they will cook your food for you in there kitchen. Well hope this helps in planning your next vacation.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MartyBLTS
Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We booked our 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit through Wyndham Timeshares about 6 to 7 months ago. I used 550 points to get my family here with anticipation of calling Wyndham 30 days prior to get a rebook for the same room for 30 percent less of points used. However all the plane tickets were booked and ready to go for our week. I called Wyndham to get a break in points and was told by the agent that she can try but no guarantee's that she'll get the same reservation as I had booked months ago?? I'm thinking this is a dirty trick to play on owners, I told her to forget it and told her this was very frustrating, Why does Wyndham ever offer this, a most frustrating experience, it's nothing but a big gamble. We arrived around 7:00 pm August 10th greeted by the front desk clerk "Gabby". Then went over to the Wyndham desk, of which we were greeted well for our arrival, I believe her name was Christina. We got our vehicle parked after flying into Pensacola and driving over to Destin. The parking lot was a bit confusing but after a couple drives out we figured it out just fine. From our first view and walk in our 3 bedroom unit it looked just fine until we started unpacking we did a serious look around and figured out they touched on the room but did not do a thorough cleaning. We finally checked the beds, the sheets have not been changed, just made up to look like i, there was blood on the sheets and some crunchy stuff as well, not sure what it was? And I really dont care to know. The kitchen was dirty, we even found a box of "Krispy Cream donuts in the microwave I called down to "Gabby at the front desk and advised her the room is not cleaned? She said she would e-mail housekeeping? That was about all from her.
No apologies, nothing. I got a call from Jace, who was a bellboy who asked me what I need in my room. I told him about the bedding issue. He said he would bring up the bedding right away, of which he did along with another bellboy. They remade the bed and said I would want to get a hold of Misty in the morning who is head of housekeeping, but he wasn't sure if she was in since it was Saturday? I had asked him if he will be making a call or leave her a message or if I was to do that. He said he would take care of it. I got up and made the call myself, I did get to talk with Misty and she wanted to know when we could be out of the room to do a "departure clean". Also I do want to mention when the two bellboys brought up the bedding, all they could find was a queen duvet of which I told this to Misty as well and never ever did get a duvet that fit our King bed. This was it, we heard from no one after this, no one checked to see if all was ok, absolutely nothing. Emerald Grande is a very nice place, but they need work on some of their customer service and follow up skiills. The security and grounds keepers were more cheerful and friendly than anyone else we encountered. I am still trying to figure out why our room was not a "clean room"? one more thing, we booked through Wyndham a "Harbor plus view", it was more like a hwy 98 parking lot with a side view of the harbor, I did get some good pictures but would have been better if it was more harbor than parking lot. Destin is a beautiful place to see. We were here during "poker run" so we got to see a lot of cigarette boats, our teenagers loved all the action. After the housekeeping issue was fixed, we were fine but the customer service and follow up here needs some work for such a nice place,

Room Tip: We were in a Wyndham plus harbor view east side. Would have been nicer if we were closer to the harb...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Kim C,

Thank you for your review. I cannot apologize enough that your unit had not been cleaned properly upon your arrival at our resort. I'm glad we were able to fix the issues but like you mentioned in the review, our follow up service will be worked on as we are always looking to improve where we necessary. Thank you again for your review and if there is anything I can do please feel free to contact me directly at (850) 424-0631 or vwyatt@legendaryinc.com.

Best regards,
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Emerald Grande as guests of another party. The resort itself is very nice. If you were to look at the location on a map, it is super-prime Destin real estate right on the point. We were here during the weekend of some kind of power speedboat poker run, so things were a bit hectic. Our first room was a 2 bedroom on the 7th floor. Accommodations were very nice and quite comfortable and included a full kitchen and 2 baths. Hot water and cold AC. Even the sofa bed was comfortable. We had some inconsiderate neighbors, though. About 5 20-something men were in a room nearby and played LOUD music easily heard through the walls, floors, and hallways. I almost called the front desk to complain, but not before they and I exited our rooms at the same time to use the elevator. On the way down, 2 hotel employees got in and joked with the 5 men that the people in the room below them had lodged a complaint against them. I found it rather disturbing that hotel staff would divulge the identities of those lodging a complaint to those being complained about. I immediately went to the desk and spoke with Victoria about the situation. (I'm sure you remember me). She apologized and assured me that both situations would be taken care of. Things seemed to quiet down after that.

We then switched to a second room held by our party on the 3rd floor. this time a 3 bedroom. Again, comfortable and well appointed.

The next night, I encountered a group of about 8-10 intoxicated young adults in the parking garage (which is a complete maze) holding up an elevator while playing an extremely loud (heard 2 floors away kind of loud) boom box. They just stood there and danced to deafening music while others waited to use the elevator.

That same night, while on our balcony, we witnessed another group of partiers throwing FULL unopened cans of beer and soda off or their balcony several floors above ours onto the parking pavement below. Someone literally could have been killed.

We spent quite a bit of time on the pool deck which was very nice and relaxing with great views of the water and the big, expensive speedboats coming and going. Pool was beautiful and even had an indoor pool for the rainy weather. 1 of the 2 hot tubs was out of service for our entire stay.

The beach situation is not ideal. In order to get there, you must take a water shuttle from the hotel to the beach area. It only runs from 9 am to 6 pm and comes every half hour. Personally, I think this is rather restrictive for a beachfront resort in the summertime. They should have rotating shuttles every 10 minutes in times of high demand and certainly should expand the hours to accommodate the early risers and run a little later.

I don't know how much our friends paid for the trip, but I'm assuming it was pretty pricey. It's a nice resort, but they still have some bugs to work out. Stay OUT of the parking garage if you know what's good for you.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have the best view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FloridaKen
VictoriaWyatt, Manager at Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
FloridaKen,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you were able to enjoy the luxurious accomodations of the condo unit and the amenities on property. I apologize, as I did when we met during your stay about the issue with the noise from your neighbors and how it was handled. We do have security on property 24/7 and after we met I flagged that unit we spoke about and security was made aware that if they had any more complaints they were gone. However, just so you are also aware, during your visit with us we had one of the most popular events in the Florida Panhandle going on. Emerald Grande was one of the main hosts for the Florida Powerboat Poker Run which is the largest summer poker run in the nation. Therefore, much of the clamor and noise was much more that weekend than any other weekends. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Emerald Grande and I hope you do decide to pay us another visit in the future.

Regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

Were from Atlanta ga,this is the best place to stay in Destin. My family love this place.we rent boats and roll over to crab island. A park on water, the kids want to make Emerald Grande our home . yesssss my husband and i are thinking about buying here. The condo is very spacious and the kitchen is large , the deck is huge . please try it out, the Sellers Family will move here real soon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wanderful56
wanderful56,

Thank you for your review and for being such a loyal guest. It is always a pleasure to have you and hope to have you as a permanent resident! Either way, we look forward to your next visit with us!

Best regards,