“A hidden gem, if you like to get away from the herd”
Review of The Loggerhead Grill - CLOSED

The Loggerhead Grill
Cuisines: Seafood
“A hidden gem, if you like to get away from the herd”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic place! The husband and wife, Chris & Megan, know what they're doing & were very welcoming & friendly!!! The fish tacos were great (red snapper); we preferred the cilantro lime over the chipotle, but both were fresh & good. The crab cake was simple, the way they should be, jumbo lump crab, the crab was the star (hard to find a CRABBY crab cake!) it was a little pricy, but priced perfectly considering they fillet and make everything from scratch- and if you appreciate scratch food, where the ingredients are made fresh (definitely not a mass-produced, processed and cheaply made meal like you'd find at the big restaurants around them!). If you appreciate laid back, real food & real people who take pride in their work and your business- this is a must! A breath of fresh sea air amidst the somewhat congested destin area!!! Cheers!

2 Thank AngieScavuzzo

Destin, fl
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We walked by here 3 nights in a row. We decided to stop this night. Wish we would have stopped sooner. The best service and food this week! The fish tacos were so fresh!. This will definitely be a annual trip!...you will not be disappointed!

San Antonio, Texas
“Authentic, Fresh, and Fabulous!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

My family of 6 dropped by on Sunday afternoon, and we were DAZZLED! We started with a board special of fresh, smoked mackerel dip served with hot, made-to-order tortilla chips. A few of us moved on to the sandwich filled with a Maryland-styled crab cake that was loaded with fresh, juicy crab meat and seasoned to perfection. The Old Bay aioli was the perfect kiss on this sandwich. It was served with chips and a homemade coleslaw that knocked my socks off! My husband enjoyed the fish tacos that contained the day's fresh catch, grouper. It was topped with a tasty cilantro lime sauce, crunchy cabbage, and hot, fresh tortilla chips. I barely tasted this dish because he wouldn't share! My daughter doesn't like seafood, but that was no problem. They had a PB&J that she devoured! One of the best things about all of this delicious, freshly-made food, was that the service was excellent! The waitress was super-friendly and very efficient. The chef even popped his head out to ask how we enjoyed everything. This is a jewel in the harbor and a must-stop!

“Horrible, read below”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I bought a $17 pack of 3 fish tacostold them the kitchen sink model put everything on it yes mam no mam the whole bit, was nice to them, was treated rudely and was told not to sit on the tables the wrong way, will never go there again

1 Thank JustinHakes
Loggerhead2014, Owner at The Loggerhead Grill, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
I'm sorry you feel my wife was being rude, but she simply asked you to not sit up on the table. There was other people next to you eating and they didn't appreciate your feet in there face. We strive to make our customers happy and if that means asking someone to not sit up on a table with their feet in people's face, that's what we are gonna do. We have a very small kitchen, which limits us to the amount of topping we carry. We don't have "the kitchen sink" option. But when you asked for the best thing on the menu and I made you yellowfin grouper tacos. I personally filleted that fish an hour before you ordered. I also, from scratch, made the cabbage slaw, cilantro lime crema, and salsa. I apologized to your mom when she called and tried to resolve the issue by refunding your money and assuring her that we are not rude people. Again I apologize for your bad experience with us.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I have eaten here a number of times since they opened a few months ago. The food has always been excellent. Meghan and Chris make sure the food is fresh and served promptly. They are very friendly and offer some of the best prices around. It would be difficult to find fresher and better tasting food on the dock. I have sent some of my customers there to eat and they all have thanked me for sending them over there. There is no doubt I will be eating with them again.

1 Thank PescadorMike