“well worth the money!!!”

Southern Star Dolphin Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Expect a Miracle aboard Southern Star! Enjoy a relaxing 2 hour tour aboard Destin’s Original Dolphin Cruise, as seen on National Geographic Explorer and CNN Earthwatch. Join us as we cruise the pristine waters, along the sugar-white sand beaches of the Emerald Coast. Witness the Coastal Bottlenose Dolphin in their natural habitat. Family owned and operated by Captain Steve and Wendy Wilson for 20 years, our 80’ Glass Bottom Boat is all about family fun! With over 10,000 dolphin sightings, you are sure to see something extraordinary.
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My family and I went on the dolphin cruise for the 2nd time with this company and both times, we enjoyed it. We have been on other cruises but southern star is definitely the best. The captain and the helpers are very friendly and interact with the guests. We really enjoyed seeing all the dolphins so close.

2  Thank Lauree T
SouthernStarCruise, Manager at Southern Star Dolphin Cruise, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you so much for you review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Southern Star Dolphin Cruise

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We love it. The Captain and staff were very friendly. My daughter loved that she got to "drive" the boat. We got to see a lot of dolphins. It was our favorite part of our Destin vacation.

2  Thank Amy D
Reviewed August 10, 2012

the Captain was a great narrator of the history of destin, the harbor and the famous peoples homes that we viewed from the boat.
We did see some dolphins, but it is hit or miss, you are not guaranteed to see any.
One suggestion, is that when I went on a dolphin cruise in Virginia Beach, the boat played some sort of sound that 'called dolphins' and it really worked. The dolphins were jumping out of the water in groups of 3,4,and 5, like a sea world show.
This dolphin cruise was dissapointing in that regard, but there was one that jumping out of the water here and there.
The captain let the kids come up and steer the boat and get their picture taken, which was very nice. It was a relaxing way to spend 2 hours on the water. We would definately do this again!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

My fiance and I went on the sunset cruise as part of our 2 year anniversary vacation. The ship staff was friendly and helpful, even checking on my fiance when she started feeling sea sick. The captain's "tour" of the harbor was a nice way to pass the time as we heading out to see the dolphins. I actually learned a few things! We saw two dolphin pods (about 15 dolphins total), including a baby, which the captain said was rare because the moms typically avoid the boats with their calves. The baby was quite the showoff!! The dolphins were my fiance's favorite part, but mine was actually the sunset. We cruised back into the harbor just as the sun was setting. It was spectacular, and we definitely got our best pictures in the last 5 minutes of the trip. I would definitely recommend this for a romantic outing, but maybe only in the off season when most of the kids are back in school (we went in September).

3  Thank KColeB

Glad you enjoyed your cruise aboard Southern Star! We are honored to have been included in your anniversary plans. Hope to have you aboard again!

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This was honestly the best part of our entire Destin Trip. We went out on a beautiful, clear day and saw lots of Dolphins right next to the boat.

My son really enjoyed getting to go up and "drive" the ship. The captain made the cruise very enjoyable and we learned a lot of interesting things about Destin that we didn't know!

1  Thank sdgilliam8