“Wonderful!”

Ranked #11 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Hamilton, Ohio
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This will be our 12th year coming to Jetty East, sometimes twice a year. After our 1st stay my husband and I thought we would keep it our little secret. However, each year we would bring someone in our family with us. Wanted everyone to experience the beautiful beach, view and the home away from home atmosphere. Everyone working there is so pleasant and helpful and it is nice seeing them year after year. Each time is better than the last.

Room Tip: Have stayed in the 1,2, 3 and 4 bedroom. Never disappointed!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank PJudd

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We attended a wedding that was hosted by the bride's family @ Jetty East. The beautiful beaches, delightful pool, and outstanding condominiums will be visited by my husband and I again soon...and we plan to bring our family back! We truely enjoyed every minute of our stay because of the hospitality of the Jetty East staff and the cleanliness of the accomodations, pool & beach. A true home away from home made this trip a true vacation that we cannot wait to do again. Happy Travels to Destin!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank MollyICT
Clarksville, AR
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This May marked my family's third strait year to stay at Jetty East. Our family has grown, so this year we stayed in a 3 bed/ 2 bath unit (overlooking the pool and gulf, of course). I have yet to stay in a unit here that wasn't in tip-top shape, and this was no exception. Our kids think of Jetty East as our "second house".
I'll start with location. One of the reasons we keep coming back to Jetty East is the location. It is about a centralized in Destin as you can get, but it's off the main drag, so it's quiet and peaceful. From the condo, you are minutes from Walgreens, Wal-Mart, the Harbor Walk, and for the ladies, the shopping. Most importantly (for my kids and me), I don't have to cross a street to get to the beach, so I don't have to wear shoes unless I have to head to the store!
Next, the staff is great, as always. They do their best to take care of you (even if it's bending the rules and letting you check in a little early). And we are appreciative of this, since we drive 12 hours with a car-load of kids to get here!
And last, but certainly no least, I'll review cleanliness! Let's face it, the internet websites can make a complete roach hole look like a royal palace. And my wife and I have been burned in the past by places that portray beautiful, clean rooms and exquisit landscaping, only to find that all of the rooms are "smoking" rooms and the property is in shambles. Jetty East is not one of these places. We have never had issues with cleanliness and the properties are always in beautiful condition. It is an older property, but you can't see it or "smell" it, as you can in some places. We have never had an issue with cleanliness here, and this is of utmost importance to my wife and me.
I would, and do, recommend this property to anyone traveling to Destin!

Room Tip: All of the rooms can be viewed at www.jettyeast.com. We usually scroll through the rooms and pick t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank WooPigBeachBum
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The water was beautiful (so clear) this time. All the staff is AWESOME. We had our wedding there and they went above and beyond to help with anything we needed. I can't thank them enough! Gorgeous beach, although there was pretty serious erosion from one year to the next. We visited in April 2011 and they had just built the beach back up, and in May 2012 (our most recent visit), at least half of the beach was gone. Hopefully they will bring in more sand next year to build it back up. With that said, we will go back for sure. If you're worried about the beach, you can go look at their Facebook page for recent pictures to help determine how the beach is. It was perfect for us this time, and I bet it'll be perfect for the whole summer of 2012. And the price is great!

The condos are all different, as they're independently owned, so it's a gamble on which beds are comfy and which condos are the most updated. Tip: if you're picky w/ pillows, bring your own. You can look at photos of each condo online to help get a nicer condo. The jetty side is a little cheaper and still has great views in most cases.

Room Tip: Bring a pillow. Do research on which condo you want.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jlmurphy84
Abbeville, Louisiana
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have been staying at Jetty East for the last 30 years. You can't beat the location, directly on the beach! The value is excellent ! We continue to return year after year!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Smileymamaw
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I really liked the desk staff, and all of the employees were very friendly. Nothing was in disrepair, and it was always nice and quiet in the evenings. I really enjoyed my stay there, and the views on the jetty side and the front side are just awesome. Rarely can the back view be as good as the front gulf view, but here it is. I hope to return later this year.

Room Tip: The higher floors get dibs on the elevator ?
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank kimallman
Tishomingo, Mississippi
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We have been coming to Jetty East for over 10 years. We normally go the week of Memorial Day. This year we decided to go during our Spring Break. We really enjoyed this time of the year. The weather was alittle cool the first day or so, but the last few days were great. We were having such a wonderful time and loved our unit so much we decided to stay an extra night. This is such a wonderful place to bring your family. Our unit was great and we had so much room. We usually get a 1 bedroom, but this year we got a 2 bedroom. Our boys enjoyed the extra space. We always enjoy grilling and eating outside under the pavillion.The people there are always so friendly, and we are already looking forward to going back, if not during our Fall Break, we will be back during our Spring Break next year. Thanks again to the people of Jetty for making our family vacation another great one.

Room Tip: We always get a gulf unit, so we can see our kids when they go down to the pool, or walking on the b...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank clairestone
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
#18 of 56 in Destin
Grand Caribbean East
Grand Caribbean East
#52 of 56 in Destin

Been to Jetty East Condominiums? Share your experiences!