“A real gem !!!!”

Jetty East Condominiums
Ranked #7 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We are Snowbirds from PA who, for the first time, spent their first month of February in Florida.

There were many activities for the Snowbirds. -- Like a Super Bowl party whereby the Condo furnished wings, and adult beverages. There was also a Valentine Brunch whereby the Condo furnished ham, pancakes and many other items. The Mardi Gras lunch was great too. On yes, Sunday evening was movie night in the Anchor Room. Of course, there were Shuffleboard tournaments, golf, a heated pool and a hot tub. What a fun place to spend the month of February. We met so many people from all parts of the US and Canada.

We couldn't have been happier with Jetty East Condos. We were in Unit 204A. It was very clean. The king size bed was actually more comfortable than our bed at home. We loved the large screen TV in the living room. The smaller TV in the bedroom was just right too.

All the utensils needed were there for any cooking that we did. The pots and pans were in very good shape and there was service for 8 of Corelle dishes. The linens and towels were of high quality.

Although the weather was cool, some folks were using the charcoal grills that were in the pavilion. These grills were kept spotless.

This condo is literally steps from the beach. We hope to return to Jetty East for the month of February 2013.

Room Tip: We were on the Jetty Side and really liked it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lovesNY

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed in Unit 607B, a two BR/2 bath unit. It was exactly like the pictures on their website. The unit was newly updated, very clean and comfortable. The weather was cool and breezy, but the beach was great. We had a great view of the Gulf, pool, and hot tub. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The resort is gated with covered parking. Very close to good restaurants and shopping. We would stay here again. This was a celebration of our 28th anniversary and we went with our best friends. Great place and company!

McKenzie, Anthony, FL

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dreamchaserwem
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We went October 2011 Fall break and had a great time, this place is the place to stay if you don't want to have a long walk to the beach!!! It is right on it!! We loved our condo and it was clean, nice looking and did the purpose! We planned our next vaction back here again October 2012 Fall break!

Room Tip: 302C is Wonderful
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Dale882008
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The Jetty East hotel that I stayed at in Destin, Florida was fantastic! There were a lot of redeeming qualities about the hotel that I stayed in on my family trip to Florida over spring break. To me, the best thing about the hotel was the location. The Hotel is literally a one minute walk before your feet are in the sand and you can enjoy a day on the beach. Being so close to the beach was very convenient and got rid of the hassle of having to load everything into the car and truck on down to the beach while getting everything sandy. Another great thing about this hotel is the customer service that my family received during our stay. The employees were incredibly helpful unloading our luggage and helping us find our room. My biggest recommendation to anybody staying at this hotel is to get a room with a balcony on the west side of the building. It is a little bit pricier to do this, but very worth it in my opinion. Nothing can compare to watching the beautiful sunset in the afternoon while eating dinner. I would suggest this hotel for any family or peaceful couple looking for a relaxing vacation. The crowd was very calm and there were not any wild partiers that I saw or heard during my stay. My one criticism of the hotel would be the location compared to the grocery store and shopping. It is a good ten to fifteen minute drive from the hotel to any useful stores. This hotel could not have more of a positive effect on me. This hotel made it very easy and convenient to have a nice vacation with my family and spend some quality time with my mom and sisters.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the West Side of the hotel with a balcony!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Macko S
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We have stayed here twice, and are booking again for this summer. The beach got washed away for a bit, but now is back in full swing! We have 5 kids ranging in age from 2 to 12, and this past year we booked a trip for Orlando (thought the kids would enjoy the theme parks and stuff), but the kids were disappointed that we weren't going back to Jetty East! We went ahead and made a loop through Destin to stay at Jetty East and actually had more fun (and it was cheaper), than we did in Orlando.
The units are fully stocked with everything except groceries, they are very clean and well kept, and you can walk from your unit to the beach without flops or shoes;) The staff is very friendly and will go out of their way to accomodate you. And last but not least, it's centrally located, so you are in close proximity to most of the good restaurants and shops.
I recommend this place to all of my friends, and it has yet to disappoint;)

Room Tip: Each unit is privately owned, so they are all decorated differently. I'm sure the cleanliness i...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WooPigBeachBum
Reviewed November 29, 2011

There are a lot of condos in Destin but this is one of the nicer ones. We've stayed there a few different times. It's got a great location and a friendly staff and great off-season rates.

Our room was smallish, but quiet and well stocked. Even though the property is older than some on the beach, it is well kept with modern furnishings.

The pool at Jetty East cannot be beat. It's heated and huge with a great view. And the pavilion is perfect for beachside cookouts.

Unlike other properties, Jetty East tends to attract families. You don't get a lot of loud college kids or slimy singles on the prowl. Instead, you find lots of well-mannered families who are simply trying to enjoy a day on the beach or at the pool.

It's the perfect location and great for a family vacation in Destin.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyofSix_Colorado
Reviewed November 3, 2011

After reading the review below me I just had to post a review. I do not know what they are talking about when they mention they do not have a beach anymore, because they have a wonderful beach and plenty of room, considering I got marriage on the beach. Jetty East was wonderful and amazing. They were so nice to the 30+ of us, and took care of my entire friends and family. The gazebo was a WONDERFUL place for the reception, and the people around us respected that it was a wedding and let us have our fun on the gazebo. Can't wait to come back with my husband for our anniversary :).

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family