“Wonderful Place to vacation with family or just by yourself if ever lucky enough!”

The Beach House Condominiums
Ranked #25 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Destin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have to say making a reservation without knowing the company or the quality of the room was scary but upon our arrival I was very please with everything! The location is great just down the road from destin and all this area has to offer but far enough away that you don't have to deal with all the craziness if you choose not to. The room is bigger than we expected and everything was clean and the view was awesome to say the least... Will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank Teddyh4

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Northville, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed here over Spring Break the last two years and had great visits both time. We loved how quiet it was and how we could leave our room and be down on the beach within a minute. We also loved how big the beach was at this area, much bigger than further down the beach. This is private beach and the complex is relatively small so we always felt like we had the beautiful beach to ourselves. Our unit was nice but then they are all individually owned - we booked ours through VRBO. The one downfall is that they only heat the pool through March, which is very unfortunate as it is still quite chilly in April and due to the weather the kids didn't always want to be on the beach yet the pool was even too cold for them. There was always plenty of parking, it was very close to a grocery store and Catholic Church, and apart of a long walking/biking trail that takes you all the way down the beach.
I thought this was a good value the first year but the price went up the second year and now that I compared to other similar places on that same street, I am thinking it is now overpriced for what you get. While we did enjoy our stay very much I think I will look elsewhere next time simply because there are other places that seem very comparable for a better price.

Room Tip: The views of all of the condos seem great. We were on the 5th floor and enjoyed watching dolphins sw...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank btmaxwell
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Spent a week at the Beach House condos. We have 3 young children and found the 5th floor unit very nice. The views of the ocean are excellent. The building is older but it's well maintained. The swimming pool was very clean. Beach was flat and you can't beat the white gulf coast sand. Kids loved the complimentary video rentals. We would definitely return.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank GeorgiaVoyager
Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We regularly stay at the Beach House in May, but next year we will look elsewhere and here's why: First, there wasn't a discounted rate offered in May this year on 2 bed/2 bath units. I called the resort booking agency Wyndham, repeatedly for a discount. Finally I booked thru Expedia days before our arrival to get the discount I was looking for. Thanks for making me waste a lot of time Wyndham. We will book thru Expedia from now on. Second, when we walked down to the beach and sat down, a new beach chair nazi informed me that we were allowed 2 chairs (which is all we were using) and if we needed more he would help us out, AND he works for gratuity. Really?! I have worked jobs where gratuity is appreciated but you never tell someone you are working for gratuity! Needless to say I did not tip him, and we are always generous tippers. 2 chairs are included with each unit. Third, we checked in on the weekend and the office was closed. Checkout wasn't until Thursday, however the office called our room Tuesday to inform us that there was a $150 balance (cleaning fee) due on our room and we needed to pay it now. They also had changed our code to get into our condo without any advance notice. Locking us out of our unit without advance phone call and treating us like criminals trying to go without paying is wrong. We stay here yearly, cleaning the place like its our own. Just a friendly phone reminder would have been proper. Ridiculous! Fourth, the pool was being worked on the week we were there. That can be expected sometimes, however the men doing the work should do so at the paid guests convenience, not theirs. Everyday they would show up at noon, moving all the chairs and begin pouring sand around the pool, and making a lot of noise. Most everyone would leave. Why shouldn't they do their work after 5 if they want the job? Fifth, for the past two years there is a man that uses a condo unit balcony right in front of the pool using an electric saw for beach house repairs I presume. Why for the past 2 years he uses this same unit disrupting the peaceful sound of the ocean for pool guests is beyond me. I'm disappointed in the service this year. Still a beautiful location but next year we will stay elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2013
7 Thank tina m
Castle Pines, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

So the main selling point for us with this location was the beach service. My advise is that if that is important to you ... pay the extra cash somewhere else. While they do guarantee you a umbrella and two chairs, there is no guarantee how far down the beach, we were staying in the "A" building and Sunday morning we couldn't find one except at the other end of the complex. Annoying, and when I called asking about this I was told to talk to the beach attendant. I insisted I didn't see one and the phone service assured me they would be there in around 20 minutes (which was more like two hours).

I am not normally a winer about the petty stuff, and in all honesty this is a petty complaint. But it is little touches like this that caused me to rate this place low. No initial coffee for your first morning, no small shampoo bottles ... little things like that help relieve stress from your stay. (By the way I don't drink coffee, but most people do)

Anyway, not a bad place, great view from the balcony, the beach was very nice ... it just didn't measure up to what I would consider a good value.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Kerry-Barnes
Wise
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our first trip to Destin and we loved every minute of it. The condo was very nice and bigger than what we expected. When we arrived we where supprised with a $126.00 cleaning fee that we were not told about. When we booked I specifically asked if there were any hidden charges and they told me "no." So I was uppset as soon as we got there. I also noticed that the pool did not have any lights around it. Just a few in the pool. We didnt have any children but I thought this was very unsafe for children since the pool stayed open till 10 o'clock. Condo was quiet and very laid back, I would stay again.

Room Tip: top floor has better view. very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna H
McKinney, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is a small group of condo's spread across 4 buildings. They all share common beachfront property and the best thing about it is only residents of the Condo's can use that beach property. Since there are only 4 small buildings the crowd is much smaller than most locations. Also, your unit rental includes 2 chairs and an umbrella so there are no extra charge surprises. The buildings are showing some wear and tear but overall it's a very nice place. Definitely kid friendly.

When searching for availability on the Resort Quest web site, you can see the interior photo's of each unit. They are all privately owned so each is decorated differently. Look around and find one with the style that most suits your tastes. Most have a stacked washer and dryer available. There is not a daily maid service so you will be on your own to make your beds and wash your linens when necessary. Also since there is no maid service, make sure you bring along some laundry detergent, dishwasher soap, dish soap, paper towels and toilet paper. You will be provided small quantities of each at check-in but if you're going to be there more than a few days you'll end up needing more.

Bottom line is the white sand beaches in Destin FL are some of the most beautiful in the world. The emerald green water is very clear making for an ideal beach vacation environment. There are many restaurants in the surrounding area worth checking out or since the units all have full kitchens you can stay in and prepare your own meals if you so choose.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chris C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
#31 of 56 in Destin
El Matador
El Matador
#5 of 15 in Fort Walton Beach

Been to The Beach House Condominiums? Share your experiences!