“Loved it”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 1, 2010

A little pricey, but great food--definitely worth it. The Parmesan Grouper is very, very good, and reasonably priced at $16. My fried oysters were also great, and also $16. But a bourbon and coke is only $4, so I think it balances out, pricewise. An added bonus for that area, is that on Thurs. nights, they have awesome fireworks across the bay, and you can get a good view from the outside decks. And last night just happened to be Thurs. night, and New Year's Eve. A wonderful surprise.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,414)

Reviewed December 31, 2009

Then stay away and let us locals have it back!!!!!!! Love the place; however it has been run over by all the visitors that expect a high fancey place to eat. You are getting the Freshest and best Seafood in the area! If you want Hamburgers and chicken tenders go down the street to McDonalds. I have witnessed several groups of 15 and more all show up at the same time and just slow down the whole process with indecisions and "What do you want?"

I dont tell any one about this GEM anymore TOO Many Touristas. and dont give me The area depends on us.

Reviewed December 27, 2009

Chefs and staff smoking out front as you’re entering is not an attractive welcome. Nevertheless, we heard good things so wandered in, took in the smell (which didn’t seem so right), and were offered a table next to a SCREAMING little kid. We asked if there were other places or if we could try a seat upstairs, to which the waitress said “sorry, it’s not available.” Thus, we left. Again, it was an easy decision because we already were “put off.”

1  Thank willr6
Reviewed November 30, 2009

This is truly my family's favorite place for dinner in Destin. Husband ordered shrimp basket and loves it - I order Grouper or Mahi parmesean and it is truly OUTSTANDING!!!

Reviewed November 17, 2009

Awful experience. My girlfriend and I live here in Destin, and thought to give it a try as it is primarily a tourist destination. Extremely disappointed. Cold french fries for our daughter (frozen in the middle), My crab legs were WAAAAAY overcooked with the seasoning caked onto the shell overpowering the taste and burning my lips and tongue, and my girlfriend's shrimp were dry and disturbingly odorous, even for fresh seafood. Even my order was questioned by the waiter, when I told him I did not want the basket meal, he brought that out to me anyway despite clarifying I only wanted the pound of crab legs. In this area, with so many fresh seafood options for meals, I was incredibly disappointed and wil not return nor recommend it to visitors.

1  Thank DestinLocal911