“Pretty Good”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The view is very nice. The food was good but you don't get a great deal of it as I was still hungry after my meal which considering the price was why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. If you're not that hungry then this is your place with a great view.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,412)

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Drive slow - the lane to the parking lot is potholed all to heck, but the people are friendly, the food is good and the beer is decently cold. We had the stuffed shrimp. Hushpuppies are very tasty - kind of sweet and very moist. Sauces provided get an additional thumbs up.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This place looks like a dump when you drive up to it, but it is not bad at all. It is directly on the water, which is really nice. The staff that work there are all super friendly and go out of their way to accommodate you.
The prices are a little high, but they are like that at all the local touristy restaurants.
You cannot beat the views. We watched all the sunset cruises going by. At one point a raven or crow was hovering around, flying at people, trying to get their food. One of the waiters came out with a super soaker. He didn't even use it. Just showing it to the bird was enough to get it to fly away.
Everyone in our party all had the crab stuffed shrimp, wrapped in bacon. It was so good. The shrimp were huge. I got 5 or 6 on my plate along with some really good hush puppies, fries and slaw. They could've left the fries off and I would've been fine. I didn't eat them and still walked away stuffed.
If you like eating on the water, this is the place to go.

1  Thank Leann C
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We found this place years ago and whenever we stop anywhere close to Destin, we go out of our way to stop here! We just spent a week in Ft. Walton, and we ate here 3 times!!! The fried shrimp are to die for! My wife had the shrimp salad and enjoyed it too. It's just great cooking with no frills! You can eat right on the waterfront and watch the boats go by. Love it!!!

1  Thank wesleyb483
Reviewed June 2, 2014

There are two Dewey's, one called Dewey's Harborside, which we did not eat at, and this one, which is the really laid-back version sitting right on the water's edge. You order at a window, get your own drink and take a seat outdoors and your food is delivered to your table. The atmosphere is great (in May), but the food was just average.