“Great value at lunch”

Dewey Destin's
Ranked #17 of 303 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Great value at lunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were told this place is where the locals like to eat so we tried it out. The lunch specials are the best deal. We both got the catfish ($7.99) -- his was three pieces of lightly fried and mine was a large fillet of blackened -- and came with creamy coleslaw and crispy crinkle-cut fries. Both portions were plenty large for a meal and were delicious. There were many other options of lunch specials as well as other offerings much higher priced. Everything looked great. You can eat inside or out with a nice water view. It's a rustic environment so don't expect a fancy place, just good food.

• Visited October 2013

Central Iowa
“Great food, ultra-causal place!!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you want to sit right on dock is Destin Bay, and have a great meal, this is a place worth a try! Our group mostly had fried or peel n' eat shrimp, but a couple had fish entrees and everything was very tasty and fresh. We had heard this place gets crowed over lunch, so we didn't arrive until about 12:50pm during the week and were able to find two tables on the dock and only had to wait a couple minutes at the walk-up food order counter.
Overall, just a neat hole-in-wall local place, where you can have great outdoors views and fresh local food. Definately a place to return to .

• Visited July 2013
Salem, Indiana
“Loved it”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Loved the food! My husband had the fried Snapper and it was really good. Fried perfectly, not greasy at all. I had the stuffed grouper and it was excellent ! My 9 year old got the grilled grouper and loved it also. One of my favorites in Destin.

Visited October 2013
Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
“Old Dewey's”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was in the West Marine store looking for something, when a local guy looking for the same thing helped me find it. I asked him where the locals ate, & he directed me to "Old Dewey's". As noted in other reviews, it's an out of the way place on a pier. No line when I ordered, but a short one formed right after that. Order taken quickly & our food came out promptly. Food was very good & we enjoyed the open air seating on the pier.

• Visited September 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“On our "must-do" list every time we're in Destin”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Fresh seafood, great view, and a friendly and helpful staff. We love this place! My husband is from India and likes things spicy. I'm a little more moderate in my tastes. Both of us have been happy with the shrimp boil as we can have it tailored to our individual preferences. Our kids love the fried shrimp and we all enjoy the view. Casual, relaxing dining with amazingly fresh seafood. What more could you want on vacation? Can't wait until we're back again!

• Visited September 2013