“Great "Hole in the Wall"!”
Review of Dewey Destin's

Dewey Destin's
Ranked #17 of 309 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I love to sit by the water and eat at picnic tables! I am never disappointed in the food. Very, very casual.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,424)

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband offered me a choice of Dewey Destin s or McQuires to celebrate our 29th anniversary. My 2 favorite places to eat in Destin...I chose Dewey Destin. We have been coming to Destin for the last 5 -6 years. This is our 8th trip since April and we often eat at least 3 or 4 times a visit at Dewey's.....so we are veterans to this area and the variety of great places to eat.

We ordered and my husband got his food ( fried shrimp)and they said my "steamed shrimp" would be a few more seconds. My husband was practically finished with his meal, when (after asking again)...they brought out my food and a free slice of key lime pie for the wait. The corn was good, the potatoes were so hard(raw) that the knife would not cut them...I ate 2 shrimps and the corn. The shrimp was too chewy. I think they got in such a hurry to get my order, that they did not steam the food long enough. It was terrible...I will probably not give our business to Dewey Destin s for a very long time after this experience. The waiter apologized that the lady that took our order failed to turn my steamed shrimp order in...Well so much for being busy and being in such a hurry........McGuires and AJ's will be our 1st choice in the future....

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We ate here twice at a recent trip to Destin. Dewey's is a favorite with good food and an excellent view if the harbor. They have great deck setting. I had the soft shell crabs, other favorites were the crab cakes and the shrimp salad. It gets crowded in the evening- everyone else has heard of it, too. Unpretentious but put their value in their food.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I hadn't had Red Snapper in several years. I ordered fresh Red Snapper fried and seasoned, and it was delicious. I will go back.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Went there on advice from a friend. Very good service even on a busy nigh. Everything prepared perfectly and reasonable prices. Family atmosphere - we will return!