“Popcorn shrimp basket awesome”
Review of Dewey Destin's

Dewey Destin's
Ranked #27 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

The food delicious at harbor side and the bay was beautiful the table and chairs just functional and the plastic ware ;(. But would return in my grungy jean shorts.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,487)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

After returning from a boat tour across the beach road, we all headed to Dewey Destin Seafood for lunch. This place is off the beaten path with open-air seating in a shack-like setting. It looks like a hole in the wall but don't let that deter your. The food is very fresh and delicious. You order at the counter and your meal is brought out to you. I ordered the blackened Amberjack sandwich with fries and slay. Mmm Mmm good. My 16 year old son ordered the sampler with scallops, shrimp and fish. He had enough to take back to our condo for lunch the following day. My sandwich platter was around $12 and his was around $18. Normally I would not spend this much for lunch but we were still satisfied later that we just snacked for dinner.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

If you are out boating crab island and want more than nachos and boiled peanuts then boat over to Dewey destins off Calhoun ave. we had the fish sandwiches and shrimp sandwiches. Be sure to specify what dish you want. Ours defaulted to amber jack which is not our favorite but was still good. The fried shrimp sandwich was delicious. Simple menu. Outdoor seating. Boat dock parking. You can't get more laid back beach shack than this. Don't confuse it with its harbor counterpart which is also good.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Been in destin a week and so far this is the best sea food I've had!! Will most defenatly returne and bring people !!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We just returned from a nice vacation in Destin but was disappointed with the taste of the food at Dewey Destin (Calhoun Ave.) this go around and the last go around. The grouper tastes different and some of the other food had a frozen taste to it. It didn't seem as gulf-fresh as it once used to be. I think the grouper that I'm accustomed to enjoying in Destin and is the most popular is the Gag Grouper caught from the depths of the gulf. A few years back restaurants have replaced grouper on platters for Mahi Mahi and upcharge for grouper. That's fine as long as I'm getting the Gag grouper which has a totally different flavor than the many other grouper caught closer to shore and I'm not being charged for the better grouper (Gag grouper) while not experiencing the flavor I'm accustomed to. I have friends in Destin and Walton. They have confirmed my disappointment in that Dewey D's is now serving many frozen seafood items even though fresh is on display plus the Grouper now sold is the low class Grouper. I did enjoy the hush puppies and shrimp but overall I was disappointed.

2  Thank Tonyahall