“Always be a favorite!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 23, 2012

There's just something so simple about Dewey Destin, that the foodie girl, in me, just loves. They cook, right out of a trailer - it's all served on a picnic table and outside. You're on the water and it just feels like beach eating should. I love it.

We got there around 5:30 and only waited about 10 minutes to order (due, mostly, to the slow people, in front of us - who were very indecisive!)

We ordered - a soft shell crab sandwich, buffalo shrimp basket, red snapper baskets, red snapper (fried) sandwich, a kid's hot dog and the fried fish basket. Oh - and the most delicious Tuna Dip EVER, as an appetizer. Seriously - just order it. It's perfect!

My intent was to order some of the yummy Royal Reds, that I hear so much about. That's what my heart (and tastebuds) were set on. Guess what? Out of Royal Reds! :(

So, I went with option 2 - the Red Snapper (fried) basket. I should have gotten the Stuffed Shrimp but I was still in a depressed slump over the Royal Reds! I love Dewey Destin though, so they're forgiven. I still don't think that they have good hush puppies or tartar sauce. But, that won't stop me from returning year after year!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,423)

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Best seafood we had while on vacation. This was a return visit from 2 years ago. We will consistently frequent every time we are in Destin!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We looked up the address on my iPhone and landed at the location that is on the waterway - not on the gulf. We were quite surprised to find that this is a super casual place where you stand in line to order your food and have to shuffle (circle like a buzzard) to get a place to sit. But once the table was secured and the food served it was great. We ate at the end of a rustic dock where there was a steady breeze. The food was fantastic. Its an usual place - so come prepared. Don't wear anything nice, especially not heels.

Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

we had to wait for one hour to eat but it's been very very convenient to wait for thy seafood. we drank a good wine and they have a lot of good ones

Reviewed August 20, 2012

It’s hard to call this a ‘hole in the wall’ when the line to order is 45 minutes long, but at least they don’t let it go to their head. I’ve been coming here for years and nothing – not even the people who work here – has changed. The menu is a chalkboard and changes to match the availability of the catch, although there are some staples that never change. This is a great place to come and enjoy an authentic meal, out on the water, and watch the sunset. Do get here early unless you enjoy standing in line!