“Bait and Switch...worst communicators ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Shoreline Towers

Shoreline Towers
Ranked #21 of 56 Specialty Lodging in Destin
Richmond, Kentucky
“Bait and Switch...worst communicators ever”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

First, let me say, "WE LOVE DESTIN!" The staff at Shoreline Towers are some of the worst communicators I have ever dealt with. After 3 moves-prior to our arrival-we went from a really nice gulf-front with a deck, to a back of the building, no view and no deck condo that was just a big disappointment. The staff onsite said things that were not true, and did not seem interested in any level of customer service or any attempt to right the wrong in our arrangements. We will return to Destin, but never to any of the properties managed by Shoreline Towers.

Room Tip: Ask if you have a deck
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank hypeky

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed April 7, 2011

We stayed for a week and it was the best vacation we've ever had. Amazing view where you can watch dolphins play while having your morning coffee.

It's also a very safe place for families. We have 3 children and it was a wonderful stay for them as well. 24 hour security and a great location.

The beach is pure white sugar sand and not crowded at all.

Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2011
4 Thank gbonne
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed March 4, 2011

I'm not sure what the other guy was saying the staff at Shoreline Towers and they made my wedding everything I could have imagined and more. I could not have imagined having my wedding any where else. The facility was extremley clean. The staff was amazing. Our rooms and views were breathtaking. I will only stay at Shoreline Towers when I go back to Destin. IT IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Arkansas
Reviewed September 23, 2009

This was our first time to come to Destin and to stay in a condo by the beach. The condo was beautiful and the view was stelar!

In the middle of the week, we ran out of towels. Being new to condo renting, we did not know that you were supposed to buy laundry detergent and wash your own towels. So I went down to the office to ask for more towels. The staff person (Sharon), looked at me and with this "what do you want me to do" body language, she said, "what you have is what you get!" I was taken back by her comment and her body language. I said, "what do you mean?" She said, "the towels you have is all you get. You have to wash your own towels!" I said, "ok, but I am disappointed with your attitude!" As I walked out the door, a little boy that was sitting at her computer asked, "who was that?" Sharon said, "ah, just a guy who is disappointed!"

Point is this: ShoreLine Towers does not want your business. If you want to be in a condo complex where the front desk people really care about you, then DON'T STAY AT SHORELINE TOWERS!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank travelfanarkansas
Louisville
Reviewed September 20, 2009

My family and I met up with extended family for a week at Shoreline Towers. We had 3 condos in tower 2. The views were all amazing and the proximity to the beach was perfect. The beach was crowded but the water was crystal clear. The guys who setup the beach chairs/umbrellas told us we couldn't leave our tent setup because the beach sweeper will have to go around, but we noticed people leaving up their tents anyway. The pool, however, is a hike across the parking lot. The security staff were extremely friendly. Stay on Gulf Shore drive when you pull out of Shoreline and there is both a Target and Winn Dixie on the opposite side of 98. The negatives... The shower knob in my in-laws condo broke and it took multiple calls and multiple days for the staff to send a repairman. You have to pay for wireless internet. It was $25 for one computer or $35 to use a second computer. This was the cost for the entire week, which I guess wasn't bad. But good luck using the internet. It was ridiculously SLOW. So we paid for the wireless and gave up on trying to login by the second day. Some of us have to do work no matter if its vacation or not, so this was unacceptable. I had a great vacation here, but won't stay again because of the internet problems. And charging me when I couldn't even maneuver past the initial login? forget it.

• Stayed July 2009
1 Thank BosMany
Atlanta
Reviewed July 23, 2008

It is a great place. Laid back. Nice pool but not really near the beach-a short walk from Tower One where we stayed. Nice security people, well groomed grounds.Grills near by the pool so we cooked out and swam one night. Within walking distance of several good restaurants. Sidewalks outside so we could walk down to Holiday Isle. Lots of walkers and exercisers around. We love this place. Oh, Big Kahuna is real close across the street.

• Liked — beach
  • Disliked — far away pool
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank chanpie
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed June 21, 2007

I was very impressed with both the property and the rental management. We booked two of the Shoreline Tower Lake Townhomes for the wedding party and couldn't have made a better decision. People were arriving at different times and by different methods (cars, planes) and the property made it very easy for them to arrive and get passes for parking. There was never an issue with parking. We loved the access to the beach, the heated pool, and the workout room.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property. Not only were the townhomes beautiful and spacious - they also had a full kitchen in which we could cook. We were also in a great location! This property is centrally located which helped us get to all our venues (all over Destin). Our checkout was a seamless transaction! There was a bracelet found in one of the townhomes after we left and the management called us to let us know - which I thought was very courteous of them. I would easily stay here again -- I loved our entire vacation - as did the bride and groom!!

• Liked — The layout of the townhomes - multi bedroom & baths, great for a family to hang out but have their own space.
  • Disliked — Had to drop the key off farther down the road to a different building
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank taaliza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Destin
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
El Matador
El Matador
#5 of 15 in Fort Walton Beach
The Palms of Destin Resort and Conference Center

Been to Shoreline Towers? Share your experiences!