“Great place to stay - away from major traffic” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard

Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Destin
“Great place to stay - away from major traffic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard for a long weekend. It's very close to public beaches - 5 min drive and also to beaches with restaurants - Whaletales and Pompano Joes. Parking at the public beaches is a premium so leave early or go late. The hotel has a great bar and restaurant if you don't want to go out. Ask for a balcony room away from hwy 98. Service and cleanliness were excellent. We did stay on the 3rd floor and never used the elevator (slow) unless we had luggage etc. Pool and workout facilities are nice. Never a crowd at the pool. This hotel is out of the major hustle and bustle of Destin which we liked. A few very nice restaurants close by - Stinky's was one of the best but also check out Vue on 30a for a nice romantic dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony away from hwy
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kellymock
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
How wonderful that you and your husband enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review! Our goal is to deliver the highest level of cleanliness and customer service and I am pleased that we were able to achieve excellence. I hope that you are able to join us again soon, and continue dining at our local restaurants - next time you should try Travinia or Fleming's at Grand Boulevard if you haven't already. Make sure to stop by our front desk to see if we have any promotions to offer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

We were here for a short visit of three nights. We were greeted with big, friendly smiles, and our check-in was quick and easy.

Our room was very nicely prepared, and we were able to settle in. One note: when we first entered the room, we noticed a strong deodorizer smell. We opened the balcony door and let the room "air our" for about 20 minutes, which helped a lot. The next day, we asked the front desk staff to direct housekeeping to nit use the deodorizer; they did not use it again and we had not further issue with it. We appreciated the staff's ability to communicate with housekeeping and take care of that for us; some hotels can't get simple things like that done.

IMPORTANT: Marriott Platinum Elite Members do not get a free breakfast here. I drove west about 2-miles to a local Panera Bread and enjoyed a bagel and coffee there.

The beaches are only 2-3 miles away.

Our stay was uneventful, which is a good thing. We highly recommend this hotel and would certainly stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! We truly appreciate our Elite members and their loyalty to the Marriott family - thank you! I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with the Tripadvisor community and that our staff was able to make such a great impression. We look forward to welcoming you back! (And next time I invite you to enjoy Starbucks brewed coffee and a bagel in our Bistro!)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed here for two nights while visiting family in the area. The location is adjacent to the Sandestin Resort and a major highend outdoor shopping complex within walking distance. While the traffic in the surrounding area is heavy during the summer, it is far enough away from the outlet mall about two miles away. The hotel is not on the beach, but there are several local parks on the beach within a few minutes drive.

This hotel is very well kept and maintained and appears to have had a recent renovation as all the funiture and carpeting looked brand new. The facility was very clean and maintained indoors and outdoors. The lobby has plenty of seating areas to relax and offers a number of books to read. There is a nice outdoor pool with adequate seating and shade. There is also a hottub and separate kiddy pool.

The staff here was very friendly and accomodating, and I hope that I have many opportunities to stay here in the future.

1 Thank ATLtraveler766
Thank you ATLtraveler766! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I think our location is perfect too - we are just far enough away from the hustle and bustle to not be bogged down by bumper to bumper traffic. But we are still close enough to access all of Destin's wonderful offerings! I am glad that our team was able to take great care of you and we can't wait to have you stay with us again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our family and I were searching for a nice place to stay in SanDestin Florida for the 4th of July. Checking around for hotels based upon past reviews we chose this one. The Courtyard Marriott SanDestin delivered. We were worried there wouldn’t be anything available but Kina was able to get us into a great room. It had a great location - right on the Golf Couse, and is very modern, clean and fresh. The hotel staff was great. They were very friendly and helpful, thank you so much Kina especially for going above and beyond accommodating our family on short notice. You really made our stay. We just got back from our trip, we all agreed this hotel was our favorite and we had to review it.

1 Thank J L
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to spend 4th of July with us! Our beautiful beaches and great family activities make the Destin area the ideal spot to vacation for this holiday and I appreciate that you picked our hotel to be your home away from home! Kina is an amazing front desk agent and a true team player, I am not surprised at all that she was instrumental in making your stay a memorable one. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and recognize Kina for her service. I look forward to welcoming you back next year for Independence Day (if not sooner)!
Atlanta Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is great. The staff are very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms are immaculate and good sized. The hotel, even though it is next to a road, is very quiet - little noise between rooms either. Bed comfy; shower good. The pool area is nicely decorated (not your standard Courtyard pool) with a separated baby pool and even lights that change color at night. It was packed but yet everyone loved playing together in the water. All clean with ample towels.

The hotel is not next to the beach but it is a short drive away. Next to the hotel is an Applebees and a shopping center with higher end restaurants, shops, and theater.

The only negative is the air conditioner in the room is quite loud. In the summer it is too stuffy to do without. Also there is no in-room safe. But these are minor distractions and I would stay at this place again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back have a better view.
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Rooms
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at this lovely hotel!! The entire hotel was immaculate! The staff was extremely kind and helpful! I will alway stay here when in Destin!! Management and Marriott should be very proud.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you so much! I am incredibly proud of our entire Courtyard Sandestin Family and I appreciate your post. I hope that you will be able to join us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My family and I just visited Destin...one of our favorite spots to go! We stayed at the Courtyard Sandestin this go round and everything was amazing! Check-in was easy and Lyza was very attentive and recommended different places and things to do while we were there. My daughter loved the pool. It was rarely ever crowded and she was able to have a good time. The rooms was spacious and the staff was very friendly. Oh and let's talk about the bed....COMFORTABLE & COZY!!! The location is convenient to shopping and food. Very nice hotel at a great rate! Everything was easy breezy! Would definitely return!

2 Thank prettymermaide
Thank you so much for your comments! Lyza is a veteran Front Desk Agent at our property and I know that she does an excellent job of taking care of our guests. Thank you for recognizing her! I am so happy that you had a good stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!