“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Courtyard in San Destin. The place was well maintained and the staff was beyond excellent. I would definitely recommend it as "the place to stay". I really can't say enough good things about everyone and everything there.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
North Conway, New Hampshire
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I am a Platinum and I frequent many Marriott brand hotels. I never post reviews so that in itself should be indication to my level of satisfaction with The Courtyard by Marriott of San Destin. I am very pleased with my overall experience and feel it deserves recognition after a wonderful four night stay. Everything was great, and the staff were all pleasant and knowledgeable of the region. Special thanks to Kina at the front desk, she went above and beyond. I had many questions regarding the surrounding area and she went out of her way to help and be thorough on each occasion. There was not a single time I walked by the front desk when she did not smile and greet me; she was always there to assist me in every instance. It was a level of hospitality and customer service I would expect from a 5 star resort. I will recommend this hotel to my company over the Hilton Resort in the future. My first impression will be a lasting one.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J J
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I can't begin to say enough about my weeklong stay at this courtyard from the time we walked in and were warmly greeted by Kina and her associate to the very end as we checked out.......... an absolutely amazing enjoyable experience!!

Though most of our interaction was with Kina, all interaction with all front desk associates throughout the day, coming and going, were professional and very welcoming and it did not seem plastic or fake it seemed genuine.

We had a very small issue and it was handled promptly and professionally to the utmost of our satisfaction. The maidstaff, both management and the maids themselves on the fifth floor were awesome.

The maintenance engineer who handled our small issue was very professional and efficient in this manner and very courteous.

The facility itself, i would've thought was brand-new based upon both the internal and external condition of the place.....everything hands-down was fantastic I will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank SSecrest
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

From beginning to end the staff was friendly, accomodating, knowledgeable, and very professional....simply awesome.
The hotel had been newly renovated, so all amenities and rooms excelled in expectations. A walk from shopping, dinner, local sites and beaches made the location perfect. The beds were awesome and decor elegant. Not one complaint here n well worth the room rate.

• Stayed April 2014
Tania K, General Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
I truly believe that our staff is our finest asset. Thank you for taking the time to review our service and share your thoughts online - we read your post out loud during our daily staff meeting this morning and every single person on our team sends their thanks to you! I am happy to see that our new upgrades are to your liking, we worked very hard to complete our contemporary and comfortable remodel. I do hope that you will be joining us again in the future!
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was the best hotel stay that I ever had!!! From the time we walked in the hotel we were greeted with the warmest smile and hello from Graham at the front desk. He was welcoming and friendly.He called us as soon as we made it to our room to make sure everthing was ok. Graham made us feel like we were at home and I recommand he gets a raise or promotion. The staff was excellent and Meya at the bar was very sweet and her smile lights up a room. I will be back every year from now on.

Room Tip: Any room you choose will be great
Green Features: Courtyard Sandestin Grand Bolevard is very environmentally fiendly.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much!! Graham is definitely a valued member of our hotel team and thank you for posting about your interaction with him! Mikka at the Bistro is also a cherished part of our family and I am grateful to you for recognizing her. I can't wait to welcome you back next year - and please reach out to me if there is anything I can do to make your future stays more memorable!
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed March 30, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this property for a couple of nights. I was warmly greeted at check-in by Graham. I am Platinum for life in Marriott Rewards and Graham informed me they were completely booked, so he would be unable to upgrade me to a suite. He was able to upgrade me to a resort/golf course view room with a balcony. At first I was a little worried as our room was next to the stairway, but there was no noise from that. We only heard other guests a couple of times during this stay.

The hotel has a bistro, pool, and complimentary WiFi and parking. The room was a standard Courtyard room with coffee maker and "chiller" instead of mini-fridge. We never had an issue finding a parking spot. The hotel is located near numerous restaurants, shopping areas, and the beach. We went to the beach after check-out and did not want to leave our luggage in our car, so I asked if they could hold our bags. They graciously said they could hold them in the back room. I had no problem when I returned later in the day to collect our luggage. The only problem we encountered was that the ice machine near our room did not work during our stay. I reported it to the front desk, but it was not working the next day. If maintenance could not fix it they should have put an out-of-order sign on it.

We will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UOtterTravel
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay! We know that you have many choices when you travel, and firstly I would like to thank you for choosing Marriott. To be a Platinum member for life shows an incredibly amount of loyalty to our brand and I am very pleased to see that we met your expectations here at the Courtyard Sandestin. Thank you for pointing out the issue with our Ice Machine - I will definitely work on improving our communication immediately. I am happy to see that Graham was able to accommodate you in one of our Resort View rooms and I hope you enjoyed it! I look forward to welcoming you back to the future!
Westville, Indiana
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Courtyard Sanderson at Grand Boulevard earlier this month. I mentioned to Sam we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. Shortly after we arrived in our room we received a gift of goodies from the staff congregating us on our 50 years of marriage.
The hotel was beautiful and very clean.
I am learning how to use my smartphone.
Sam and Erika were very helpful.
Graham showed me how to download a beautiful screensaver.
Can't say enough about the great staff!
I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaEllenMartin
What a great visit you had with us! Sam, Graham and Erika all had wonderful things to say about you guys! Thank you for choosing to spend such a special occasion with us - and thank you also for posting such a lovely review of our hotel! Congratulations on your 50th Anniversary!