“Frustrating! I am let down.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard

Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Atlanta, Georgia
“Frustrating! I am let down.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I recently stayed at the Courtyard, and was unimpressed by the front desk, to say the least. The experience began with my calls to the front desk going repeatedly unanswered. I understand hotels getting busy, but I highly doubt the front desk was so busy that no one could pick up the phone for a 2 hour period. Upon arrival the desk was vacant. Waiting in an empty lobby for 5 minutes for someone to show up and check me in was disappointing, not to mention the very young girl at the desk who finally came out of the back room chewing and giggling. When I asked Sam (as per her Courtyard nametag) where everyone who works there was, she seemed to shrug and disregard my question. Aside from the negative first impression, all other aspects of my stay were ok. The renovations were appreciated. I just with that I could relate to all of the reviews that I have read about how great the service is.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Steve A
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay. I can understand your disappointment after reading such exceptional consecutive reviews of our "great service" as you stated, and then having an experience as you did. We strive each day to give an exceptional customer service experience to each guest, and I profusely apologize that we fell short of that with you Sir. Please be assured that your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate department head. We hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future to win your loyalty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Windsor, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I very much enjoyed my 3 night stay at the Courtyard Sandestin! The woman at the front desk, Sam, was so friendly and accommodating that within days I already felt like I had a friend in Destin Florida. I greatly appreciate the nice clean room, comfortable bed, and the attention put on hiring amazing and friendly people like Sam. 6 out of 5 stars!

Room Tip: Ask for Sam :)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nathan W
Indialantic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

During a multi-state road trip with a dear friend, this was our last hotel stay. We were exceptionally pleased with the front desk staff person, Sam, who was professional, thorough, and so very friendly! Bistro service was prompt and friendly also. The newly renovated room had the "new" smell (but not offensive at all). Location was perfect, with the wharf waterfront shops/restaurants nearby and the beautiful gulf within minutes. Importantly, we felt very safe in this area, also; and we would definitely return...during another girls' trip!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deborah H
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
hello ladies! thank you for your feedback, we very much appreciate it. Sounds like you had some multi-state road trip and am glad you made a stop at the Courtyard Sandestin. Sam is one of our star employees and we are glad she's here with us. We'll make sure to pass on your comments to her. In the meantime, we hope you are well rested and had safe travels home. Please visit us soon at the beach!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed overnight at the Courtyard Sandestin on our way to Clearwater Beach, FL., on 11/25/13. The hotel is nice, clean, updated, and very typical of a Courtyard. Nothing extravagant, but what really stood out was the service and location. Every employee stopped what they were doing when we walked by, just to say hello. The hotel is just down the street from some great shops and restaurants including Fleming's, Tommy Bahamas, and PF Changs. Although the hotel is across Emerald Coast Pkwy from the beach, it is literally within minutes driving distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the center or north side to avoid being subject to noise from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Derik M
Greetings from Courtyard Sandestin:
We appreciate you taking a few moments to comment. It was wonderful to hear that every hotel associate you came across stopped to say hello. We strive to acknowledge every guest and make them feel at home. We also understand you have plenty of choices and we are very happy you chose US. We hope you had safe return to Clearwater and hope to see you back soon.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

The photos of this hotel were not particularly appealing me online. I finally made my reservation based on suggestion from a business associate. I was glad I did. When I arrived, I was given a room that had just be renovated. I was the first person to stay in it!. The bed was comfortable and there was a nice selection of pillows. Very nicely appointed and quite comfortable. The staff was very pleasant and spoke to me at each opportunity. It obviously caters to business people because there was a rather large computer center, very well equipped.

Breakfast was ok, but not great.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: no room service here, but restaurants within easy walking distance
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mrsgros
Thank you ma'am for taking the time to post your comments, we very much appreciate it. Mostly, though thank you for trusting your referral to stay with us.
Exciting news! our new photos of our newy renovated rooms and lobby will be posted in January 2014 so everyone will be able to see the fully renovated hotel. Glad you got to experience the newly renovated guest rooms... they are beautiful and oh so comfortable. Thank you for your comments on our friendly associates, they are true super stars. And yes, we do appreciate our corporate travelers and strive to make it as comfortable for them as well.
thank you again for choosing us and hope to see you back soon.
Destin, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

As a frequent patron of the Marriott Courtyard at Sandestin, I was invited to tour the recent guest room renovations and the hotel looks great! The decor in the guest rooms is soothing, and the beds are very plush. The Bistro downstairs has everything you could need including a 24 hr Starbucks and cozy nooks for catching your favorite sports game or news channel. The team is eager to accommodate each and every need and the professionalism is top notch. A+

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank KarahFY
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our newly renovated hotel. If I understood correctly you took a tour? Well... I hope you can stay a while next time and fully enjoy the experience of staying at the hotel. We are very proud of the results. If I am correct, you are local so please stop in and see us at The Bistro and get your locals punch card for Starbucks anytime! :)
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

The front desk staff made our anniversary stay one to remember. Upon check-in, they asked if we had been to Destin before. As we usually travel at least once a year around our anniversary we mentioned that. We went up to our room which was just renovated and had the "new" smell. After about 10 minutes there was a call from the front desk, asking us to answer the door as they had sent someone up with something. To our great surprise they had sent up a bottle of Merlot, a cork screw and two wine glasses !!!! With it was a nice hand-written card wishing us a Happy Anniversary.
The hotel is located right next to Sandestin resort with many restaurants, a brand new 10 screen theater and shops plus the Silver Sands Outlet is a couple of miles down the road. We highly recommend this facility and its staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim A
Oris R, Manager at Courtyard Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AGAIN!! We are so pleased you enjoyed the newly renovated rooms and had a wonderful memorable stay with us. Wishing you another great year of wedding bliss and we hope to see you both back soon!! Happy Anniversary!!