“Great Experience at the Residence Inn”

Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“Great Experience at the Residence Inn”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I would highly recommend the Residence Inn at Sandestin for any family visiting the area.. The facilities and staff are excellent. The staff is especially helpful and friendly. Great restaurants are just a short drive away and several within walking distance.

Room Tip: The beaches on highway 30A are a short distance away and much less crowded that the Beaches in Sande...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Robert H
Tania K, General Manager at Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments! I am so glad that you had a great stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We strive to deliver a comfortable accommodation with the best service around! We all look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 5, 2014

What a great place to stay, had our family vacation July 23rd thru the 30th, 2014. Great location, and the staff was so friendly. Nothing like a friendly face and smile all the time. And many times when my daughters and I would be getting ready to get on the elevator, the staff would stop and get the elevator for us. Truly above and beyond. Hope we get back there again soon.

Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We like Residence Inns and have stayed at several. We liked this one very much. We stayed 5 nights while waiting for a new boat to be fully outfitted for us at the nearby Chaparral dealer. The hotel provided a very good base for us to visit the area since it was the first time for us to visit this part of the panhandle or as the local's call it LA (Lower Alabama). The food was good, the service was good and the room was very comfortable. We were traveling with our small cat so it was quite nice to be able to have her stay with us in a nice room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn Sandestin July 20-25 and had a great time! We were in one of the 2 bedroom/2 bath suites and for a family of four it worked out perfectly. The room has two full bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, each w/a king bed, nice closet, good-sized vanity and flat screen TV. The living room has a flat screen TV, 2 chairs, couch, desk and desk chair and a table w/4 chairs and a full kitchen which includes a full-sized refrigerator/stove/microwave, dishwasher and fully-stocked kitchen. Everything was very clean and quiet. Our room was the first room from the elevators and I NEVER heard the elevator beep at all. The second floor has a laundry room and the ice maker is on the first floor. Breakfast was nice: scrambled eggs, sausage, canadian bacon, b'fast burritos, seasoned potatoes, coffee, teas, waffles, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, breads, etc. Two nights while we were there they had a managers reception and had enough food for dinner for everyone. Pool was on the small side but had plenty of chairs, tables and and a grille nearby. The only disappointment we had was the sport court. It was a multipurpose court which could be used for basketball, tennis, volleyball, etc. When we tried to play tennis, the net was broken and the sides to not have tall chain-link fencing on them so we were constantly chasing balls! Very convenient location to Destin and 30 min. to PCB, Publix and shopping less than 30 seconds away!! All-in-all a great location!

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, street side and heard a little road noise but not enough to keep us fro...
1 Thank 777Ginny
Campton, Kentucky
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Couldn't be more pleased with our stay! The staff was AMAZING! One of the guys working the desk would high five my Husband every time we walked through the lobby. My Husband doesn't enjoy the beach very much, but he can't stop talking about how much he enjoyed this vacation due to the hotel and the Great staff! We enjoyed our free Hot breakfast every single morning as well as two nights of our stay, free dinner. The rooms were so clean and neat and even the cleaning staff were pleasant to be around and always said Good Morning in passing. There were shopping and beaches near by. Would recommend this hotel to anyone! My family will definitely stay at this hotel every trip to Destin from here on out!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Anna W
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights very recently for a little getaway. We arrived an hour before check-in. Since a room was available, we were checked in immediately.

We have a small family, so all of us were able to fit into one king bed comfortably, so we stayed in a one room suite (vs their 2 bedroom suites). The price was comparable to many of the other hotels in the area for the month of July.

Pros:
*room and bed were clean
*breakfast included in price--fruit, yogurt, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, oatmeal, grits, scrambled eggs, potatoes, ham or sausage, waffle maker, coffee, milk, juice. (We love food and, yes, I tend to remember the types!!)
*free wi-fi during stay
*parking all around the hotel so easy to get to your room
*housekeeping responded right away on first day when we asked for extra towels
*Forgot to take our "privacy" sign down one morning and left the room. When we returned early afternoon, we received a courtesy call asking us if we would like our room cleaned before housekeeping left for the day.
*clean kitchen--full-size refrigerator, sink, utensils, dishes, paper towel, liquid dish detergent, powder detergent for dishwasher, towels, dish rag, complimentary microwave popcorn
*located right off Hwy 98, and what we felt like was a bit cleaner and maybe "newer" side of the highway (though we could be mistaken)
*location is right by Grand Boulevard Town center (has Publix if you need some groceries)

Cons: These are all minor, but I'll mention them as some of you could find them more than minor annoyances.....
*WEBSITE BOOKING AND PROFESSIONALISM/FRIENDLINESS: At check-in, I was asked if it was only 2 guests. I told her no. Admittedly, I booked only 2 guests online. As I mentioned above, our kids are small enough to fit in the bed with us. When I entered 4 guests, the only choice the website gave us was 2 bedrooms and, of course, a higher price. We would've wasted the extra bedroom, and I knew that another family needing it could book it during this busy season. Well, when I admitted to the staff that I only booked as 2, I felt this explanation was long and at that point it didn't matter since it was done. Plus she didn't ask me why I did such, but she just said in an increased tone that they do a breakfast headcount so it was good to know. However she added that since the number of guests did not exceed their maximum per room, we wouldn't be charged like at other hotels. I didn't know whether she was seeming to do us a favor or patronizing me. Unfortunately, to me, she seemed a bit patronizing. She also placed us in a room right by the highway (potential noise for light sleepers). All the rest of the staff seemed much friendlier. Anyway, their website could use some adjustment like asking about children's ages and adjusting room accommodations.
*ROOM PLACEMENT: room right by the highway. Luckily, for the most part, we sleep soundly. If you're a light sleeper, ask for rooms away from the highway.
*SERVICE: As mentioned above, we kindly received a call when we forgot to take down our privacy sign. We were asked if we needed anything, which we asked for extra towels right then. Did not receive them after 15-20 minutes. Another call had to be put in.
*satellite tv loses signal during potential thunderstorm

OVERALL: again, these cons can be minor annoyances to some, major to others. We enjoyed our stay overall and would recommend this hotel. Thanks to all the hardworking staff!

Room Tip: Rooms by the highway can be noisy.
1 Thank travelingpatts
Lawrenceville GA
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I recently stayed at this property for some R&R. the room I stayed in was the 2 bedroom suite. We had a great deal of room in the suite. The room had a fully functionally kitchen which saved the day.The bathrooms were clean and fresh smelling.

The internet at the property was a bit slow but it worked.

The breakfast and managers reception (6-7:30 PM) was great. It would be great idea if the hotel offered the reception Monday –Friday.

I want to thank the staff members at this property. The entire staff was a joy to work with and are a true credit to their trades. On arrival I was given some pretty good tidbits of advice and some great suggestions.

The beach was awesome on the first day. But after that the “june grass (if you are not familiar with this pheomeon see the link http://www.pcbdaily.com/what-is-june-grass)” appeared on the beach. This made it a bit unpleasant to be on the beach.

Piece of advice the beach is near so plan ahead. The beaches on 30A are less busy than the beaches we visited on 98.

Good luck and safe travels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tania K, General Manager at Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I am glad that you had a great stay with us and that our staff was able to ensure the highest levels of comfort and cleanliness. I am happy to announce that we will soon be offering tiered access to upgraded internet speeds at our property - with the basic internet access remaining complimentary. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to our area and I hope that you will come back soon!