“Married in Destin”

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Destin
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Married in Destin”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great hotel. We had a 2-br suite. It was very large, clean and included breakfast. Highly recommended! The pool area also offers a grill. Staying at the hotel includes the use of Sandestin facilities.

Room Tip: Close to Krogers. You can buy snacks and use the kitchen instead of buying meals. Chills is just a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
New England
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Seriously, I have NEVER stayed in a hotel of ANY caliber that was as loud as this one. It was an absolute deal-breaker. I would NEVER recommend this place based on my recent experience. Our room (314) was on the Highway 98 side of the property and it felt like traffic was taking a shortcut through the room. If you enjoy a good night’s sleep and a tranquil experience, do not stay here.
My room was not cleaned on the first day (there apparently was a misunderstanding between the staff and I), and that definitely did note bode with me after my first sleepless night. This matter was rectified quickly and professionally. The front desk did attempt to offer me another room however I was not able to make it back to pack up my belongings. I was offered earplugs and they definitely helped.
There was a breakfast buffet each morning and the food was typical high-volume fare however there was very limited seating for the crowds.
I was so extraordinarily disappointed with the traffic noise that I'm having difficulty trying to find a ray of positive in this review...The staff was quite pleasant. There were always fresh towels near the pool. The common areas were clean. My only suggestion it to make a better choice than I did or at the very least insist on a room away from Highway 98

Room Tip: Insist a room away from Highway 98
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Darlyne J
Northport, New York
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a nice hotel. They have a nice dinner buffet from 6-7:30, along with a breakfast buffet of The usual fixings. the rooms are "suites" & very nice. Typical Residence inn style. Newer furnishings in the room.
The hotel is located next to an outlet center & a very Upscale shopping center/movie theater, etc... about a 2 block walk & the town is adorable.
The only negative is the hotel is very close to the highway. Highway noise doesn't bother me, so I was fine, but if you're one to be bothered by cars driving by, ask for a room away from the highway.

Room Tip: If street traffic bothers you, ask for a non-highway side room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank M W
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The south side of the hotel is about 100 feet from highway 98. Near the hotel there is a traffic light. Trucks are either using engine braking to slow for that light when travelling west or they are changing gears when accelerating from the light when going east. We didn't get any sleep the first night due to the noise. We asked to be moved to another room for day two of our stay. Each room has their own individual A/C units. Unfortunately, ours was very loud and made it hard to get to sleep.

The free breakfast was great. I must say, the staff of the hotel was the most friendly of any hotel I've ever visited. When going from building to building, there seem to be a staff member nearby who would stop what they were doing and open the door for us and greet us.

Room Tip: Room on the south side are VERY noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Norris M
Otto, North Carolina
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Four of us stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. It was spacious and we had everything we needed. The staff were wonderful. They went above and beyond to assist us and always greeted us with a smile and a hello. The breakfast buffet was great also. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing the highway but we were not bothered by any noise. There were pet...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stuttgart
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I enjoyed the stay in this top updated and maintained hotel in a two bedroom suite. I asked for a room away from the street, on a higher floor and I got it.
Also my request for a feather free room was accepted. The only topic was the smell for pets in my room.
The hotel is near to a Golf Place and you are in 10 minutes per walk at the beach.
The breakfast area was very crouded, but all things where very fast filled up again.

The topic which I don´t liked and what me as a customer will make never come back is the issue with the pets in the house. I knew from other visits at Residence inn in other locations, that pets are allowed. What I saw in this hotel topped this. There is no clear image how they handle the access to the rooms for customer with pets. Where ever I sat outside or walked in the floors I saw people with big dogs. Some of them where very huge. Why do their policy allow that this happens? It is very ugly for me to think when I lay in my bed , that there was a dog before in, or in the shower. I don´t feel that they can clean all this up.

Room Tip: away from the street un a higher floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank BoonyGermany
tripree
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We recently stayed on reward points for two nights for my husband's deep sea fishing birthday excursion. Lovely property with incredible landscaping and top-notch adjacent dining and shopping within walking distance. Our king one bedroom was smaller than other RI's we've stayed at, but it was fine. A previous occupant's pet had damaged the bathroom door and we were greeted by an unusual chemical/pet deodorizer aroma when we arrived, but cracking the windows for a couple of hours eliminated this problem.

Breakfast is full of enough cold and hot options to please any pallet. But what really struck us was the multi-cultural and multi-national, incredibly accomodating and friendly staff. I would stay again based solely on the staff.

Room Tip: If you don't have pets, avoid the first floor- that's where they put the pet owners and you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family