Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
$211
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Wingate by Wyndham Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$114
$161
$152
Sleep Inn(Destin)
$94
SleepInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$152
$199
EmbassySuites.com
Candlewood Suites Destin-Sandestin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$106
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin(Destin)(Great Value!)
$138
$127
Hampton.com
$189
$169
$113
$107
All reviewstwo bedroom suitepublix grocery storemovie theaterfull kitchensocial hourbasketball courta pet friendly hotelshort drivefree breakfastwithin walking distancebreakfast stafffresh fruitbaytowne wharfthe entire staffbreakfast was deliciousgreat shoppinghome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

What a great place, wonderful staff. The breakfast was fantastic. You can not go wrong, the rooms were clean and beds were so comfortable. Full size kitchen. The grounds were wonderfu, the swimming pool and outdoor courtyard very relaxing.

Room Tip: Very nice room 2nd floor over looking the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pmiran5104
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed here on a weekend trip to Destin. Hotel staff very nice and helpful. Room was very clean and comfortable. Everything looked recently new or remodeled. Believe it or not HDTV worked and plenty of channels were available. The weather was bad so we spent time in the room relaxing. I was really surprised with the free breakfast. Everything was orderly and not overcrowded. They actually had several staff members handling the breakfast area to replenish items and assist. Belgian waffles were great. I also noticed they did have basketball court and other activities outside.. There was also an Applebee's within walking distance. No beaches within walking distance. Hotel was great but I think kind of pricey, 220 + tax for king suite. However it was quiet and very clean.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KidInfiniti
Reviewed April 2, 2013

WARNING - BE SURE TO CALL THE HOTEL AND VERIFY THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE TYPE ROOM AND AMENITIES THAT YOU ARE EXPECTING UPON ARRIVAL.

I have stayed at Residence Inns across the country for many years; including the original property design with building clusters each housing 8 rooms including penthouse suites upstairs and the more modern, compact hotel style ones with interior hallways. It seems that with each new property comes smaller and more compact room layouts.

This property appeared to be relatively new; adjacent to a new shopping district that is only a couple of years old.

I booked what they refer to on their website as a ONE BEDROOM LARGER SUITE. Most Residence Inns call it a ONE BEDROOM so I made the mistake of "assuming" that this would be larger than a typical one bedroom; maybe a corner unit.

When we checked in, we were quite disappointed. The bedroom itself is VERY cramped. No dresser to put clothes away in drawers; just the stand that the TV sits on. Plus, there is BARELY enough room to walk between the end of the bed and the TV stand to get to the other side of the bed. I stubbed my toe several times walking back and forth.

The bed placement is awkward compared to the vanity bathroom area. There is no door to close off the vanity area from the bedroom so when lying in bed you face the vanity off to the side. If there are two of you and one is an early riser while the other one likes to sleep late, there is no way to avoid the vanity light shining into the eyes of the person in bed.

Thus, I find the LARGER room description VERY MISLEADING. Upon further review of their website and room descriptions I found where the STUDIO ROOM is the exact same 600 square feet as their ONE BEDROOM LARGER suite. The pictures of the Studio show an easy chair, in addition to the couch, where the one bedroom does not have an easy chair. The Studio also shows the normal placement of the kitchen table to seat 4 comfortably, whereas our kitchen table in the one bedroom had to be pushed up against the wall so 2 people had to sit side by side and face the wall. So, in reality, you have more room in the Study as the one bedroom loses some living space due to the wall and doorway built between the living and bedroom areas.

The next disappointment was NO OVEN in the kitchen even though the website lists its as fully furnished kitchen including OVEN. We had purchased groceries on our way into town knowing we would have an oven. The older properties have ovens in all the rooms, but newer properties are hit and miss. However, the website for other properties, when listing Oven will state "some rooms". This way, if an oven is important to me, I call a few days ahead and ask to make sure they block off a room with one. Because this RI lead me to believe that ALL rooms had ovens, I did not call ahead.

I met with the General Manager shortly after check-in to tell him exactly what I wrote above and told him I realize that it wasn't his fault and that he couldn't fix the structural / room design type problems I cited. I did, however, want him to be aware that their website descriptions are very misleading to the educated traveler. He was very sympathetic and apologetic and said he would talk to his Sale Manager about changing the website.

A few minutes after my return to the room, he showed up offering us invitations to the Grand Opening Party of the new movie theatre in the shopping district next to the hotel: cocktails and hors d'ouvres. That was a very nice gesture on his part.

The hotel and rooms are very clean and well maintained; friendly staff. The quality of the breakfast buffet food items was far less compared to other RI's.

Bottom line..........just be sure you know what you are getting for a room beforehand if you happen to be very particular like myself.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William W
Oris R, Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear recent guest,

We thank you for bringing to our attention these very important issues in regards to your recent stay at the hotel.
Firstly, please accept our apologies for the communication relayed on our website in regards to the room descriptions that mislead you in your expectations. Secondly, upon receiving your comments, we immediately reviewed and revised the room descriptions for the 1 and 2 bedroom suites. The descriptions are now shorter and clearer. Furthermore, in regards to the ovens, since only some rooms are equipped with this feature we made the decision to remove the “Oven” amenity (is now based on availability) from the features to eliminate any further misunderstandings. Thank you again for taking the time to send us your comments, which will assist us in improving our services to our guests.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Beautiful hotel, spacious rooms - the service was good, friendly professional front desk employees. I cannot say enough good about the breakfast. There was a very good selection of eggs, sausage or ham, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. The last morning we were there, Erika was waiting on us hand and foot. She made our waffles, delivered them to our table, picked up our dirty dishes. She went above and beyond what was necessary.

Two small concerns -(1) They had a lovely courtyard between the buildings, however unless you are a smoker, you couldn't spend any time in it because the smokers hung out there. They called themselves a non-smoking hotel, but this ruined that lovely space. (2) Ask for a room away from 98 - the highway noise is pretty significant. Initially we were given a room on the first floor facing the highway, we ask for a different room and were given one on the 4th floor. This was significantly better.

I would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended for families who want a little extra space.

Room Tip: request something away from the highway - or a higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Frugal_In_IL
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our family stayed in this hotel for one night en-route to New Orleans. The room is unbelievably stacked with amenities (are all Residence Inns like this ?) Only bad thing is the room we got was right above the cooling fan and from 7pm to 11pm, it sounded like we were inside an airplane turbine engine. Very minor price to pay for such a clean room (great sheets and pillows!)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family