“a little oasis” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Vancouver, Canada
“a little oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our family stayed in this hotel for one night en-route to New Orleans. The room is unbelievably stacked with amenities (are all Residence Inns like this ?) Only bad thing is the room we got was right above the cooling fan and from 7pm to 11pm, it sounded like we were inside an airplane turbine engine. Very minor price to pay for such a clean room (great sheets and pillows!)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank Arpee P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Wonderful location, great area, perfect amenities, super pleasant staff and a perfectly clean room. I had to move to this property after the other Marriott I was staying at near Eglin had sold out. I was not too happy about the move since it'd now be a 45 minute drive instead of 5 minutes to the base. Upon check in I was greeted by a super pleasant front desk team, Maria was one who stood out. She helped me whenever I needed it although I tried to not worry her too much for my random requests.

The breakfast staff was very attentive, never letting anything run out, making sure the guests were happy and had everything they needed. I felt like I was being waited on hand and foot, honestly. I was not even "needy", but the staff wanted to make sure EVERYONE was satisfied before they even needed to say a word or ask for anything. Excellent customer service, this is very hard to come by, even at Marriotts.

The convenient location was a major plus. After checkout at 11am, I went down to the side shops and walked along the outlets (which are fabulous by the way if you love to shop) and I even went to the beach. I had to kill time until about 4pm, so there was PLENTY to do. This hotel is definitely worth the drive, money, or whatever it takes! I have to say it's one of the best Residence Inns I've ever stayed at. I would love to come back and visit if I am in the area again. Thank you for the wonderful hospitality!

Room Tip: You may want a room not facing the road if you have a problem with hearing traffic. It calms down af...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank MrsH1106
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

It started with a welcome at the front desk, then i was given a luggage cart as soon as i asked. The new carpet makes the entire hotel feel so fresh and new. There was easy access to both ends of the hotel, elevator worked well, no long waits.
The morning breakfast offered has something for everyone, it was a very nice free breakfast, again the staff working the breakfast could not have been more helpful.
There is a pool right next to hotel, with a small basketball court, all of which are kept up very nicely.
The location was great for eating at San Destin or the Grand Blvd, and a quick trip to Seaside is so close when you stay here in San Destin.
I think this Marriott is a very good deal for your money.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Chicago2772
St. Louis MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Easily one of the best Residence Inns I have ever stayed at in my numerous business and personal trips.

The rooms are very nice and recently renovated.

The entire staff was friendly and genuinely seemed to care about the guest comfort.

Was glad to see that most of the channels on the 37" LG HDTVs were actually in hi-def. In addition since Destin is a family destination, they have wisely made sure children's channels like Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon are included.

Room Tip: The only downside is for rooms that face Hwy 98/Emerald Coast Pkwy, many big trucks like to use engi...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dweebe
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went to get a little sun and relaxation. This place was just what the doctor ordered. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. Our room was very modern warm and inviting.Complimentary breakfast had a great selection. We wil be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Traveling for both business and pleasure 140+ nights a year being both Diamond at Hilton and Platinum at Marriott we come to know what to expect. However this property is truly the best residence inn we ever visited. It is also the best pet friendly property we ever visited. They even take your pets photo upon arrival for a weekly contest. The location of this property is awesome. it's less than one half mile from the popular Baytowne Wharf. Within walking distance to many shops and restaurants. within a five minute drive to many many more including a new WallMart and Publix grocery store. The staff at this property are very attentive . the evening receptions mid week offer nice selections including unlimited beer and wine. breakfasts is always fresh and a notch above most residence inn type breakfast. The setting of the property is both private and tropical. During our stay we met a group so snowbirds who stay Jan- March. most have returned year after year. This property is a short drive to the beautiful Destin beaches.
A 5 start Residence Inn for sure. all the rooms have been completely renovated. Feels like a brand new hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank webpro11
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

From booking the reservation on Marriott.com to speaking with the friendly staff at the desk. You know who you are. My partner and I wanted to do a local getaway since we were celebrating a special milestone. We were upgraded, welcomed, and for any of our needs they did their best to enable us to feel at home while being away from home. It is not on the beach, it does not have a bar. These things did not matter on this trip because the staff superseded our needs and we loved our stay. I will gladly stay here a short drive to things to do and close enough to drive to there beach on a very short time. I stayed at a competitor on the beach, much larger and offered more services and it was not genuine, and warm like it had been for us at this Residence Inn.

Room Tip: We were assigned a good location on the second floor in the lower digits. I suggest something simila...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple