Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Destin
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Nice clean rooms. Great service. Good locations; near good restraunts and shopping and a short drive to beaches. We had our 80 pound dog and had plenty of room.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank MLewis33

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I just stayed for one week at the Residence Inn Sandestin and overall enjoyed it very much. The kitchen and bathroom countertops were granite and there was a flat screen TV in the living room and each bedroom (I had a 2 bedroom suite). I have a bad back but found the bed to be comfortable. Upon close inspection, some of the wood furniture was worn but I have seen much worse and it didn't bother me. They have 2 pools, 1 regular one and 1 smaller 1 foot deep one for children as well as a hot tub. I only used the hot tub, which I enjoyed as it was nice and hot. Towels are available at the pool area. Fitness center is very small, has about 3 pieces of equipment. Breakfast every morning was great, they have make-your-own waffles with fruit topping, oatmeal, grits, bagels, toast, muffins, fruit, cold cereal and a rotating selection of 4 hot items each day which may include scrambled eggs, biscuits, potatoes, sausage, etc. Drinks include juice, milk, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Most Residence Inns have evening receptions Monday - Thursday, but on the calendar they provided in-room it only listed receptions on Monday and Tuesday for most weeks of the month, which I thought was strange.

I did not have any problems with Internet service, but my husband and I did have very bad cell phone reception in the room and we have Sprint. My girlfriend stayed with us for a few nights and she had bad reception on her new iPhone 4S too (she has either Verizon or AT&T). Strangely, in the reception area and in the parking lot we had no problems with the phones. Next time I will definitely check my phone to see how many bars I have before I unpack. Everyone at the hotel was really friendly, from reception to the breakfast attendant to housekeeping. The rug in the room did have a few stains on it, but it wasn't horrible. Overall, I would recommend this Residence Inn and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room, so my room did not back up to Highway 98. I was on the first floor and th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank babes315
Reviewed September 25, 2011

This was the worst Marriott we have ever stayed in. The first room we were in had mold and the local channels did not work. The second room was dusty, the shower had red and brown stuff around it. By the way no movie channels and no flatscreens. The staff was less than helpful. A motel would have been better...

Room Tip: Check room before getting comfortable
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank db5773
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Although it is in need of a remodel, it is still a nice hotel. The staff is great, and the breakfast was plentiful. The place is clean, but the cabinets in the suites could be filled a little better. I had 2 glasses and 1 wine glass. Overall, I'd stay again in a minute

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff is very friendly. The room was very nice, and everything was comfortable. I will be returning in the future. I recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

The staff was great very helpful to and friendly, the hotel layout is not very well laid out, lobby is to small. Because pets are allowed you may see some stains on the rugs, which look like either water stains or urine. Rooms smell musty but maybe that is because of the people coming back from the beach. Internet is to slow for real business travelers and wireless only worked for me, I asked them to fix the wired connection, either they did not know how or did want to. No HBO, I think they want you to order movies instead. There is a Publix and Wal-Mart with two miles for long term travelers, I stayed 26 nights. Several high end chain restaurants are with a block and Applebee's is next door.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RyanS1
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This hotel was home away from home. The staff was very freindly and helpful. Very clean and charming place. It is located within the Sandestin Beach Resort area which gives you access to the private beaches, the other villages, and and many shops. Centrally located to all hot spots. Moderately priced and well worth it. The beaches were pure white sand and coral blue waters abound. Pool is a little small but we were there for the beaches.

The hotel has a business center for your needs, but who needs it when you are on vacation. Great place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Rustycnrh
Travelers also viewed these Destin hotels
Embassy Suites by Hilton Destin - Miramar Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard
Home2 Suites by Hilton Destin
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin
The Henderson - A Salamander Beach & Spa Resort
Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Sandestin at Grand Boulevard? Share your experiences!