“GREAT EXPERIENCE - BEST WINGS IN DESTIN!!!!!”

Margaritaville Destin
Ranked #95 of 311 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Opening February 17, 2014!
Reviewed May 12, 2014

Recently dined at Margaritaville for the first time since they recently opened one here in Destin. Actually, this was my first time ever dining at a Margaritaville which I believe they have several location in tropical areas around the world This restaurant is located on the Destin Harbor (water front). It is a beautiful building and has been remodeled with a tropical and relax theme. Tyson was our waiter during our family visit and he was very knowledgeable about food. First he recommended some great alcohol specialty drinks that Margaritaville is known for which were absolutely amazing and then he recommended different dishes for each member of our family based on a little fact finding information we provided him. I was a little shocked when he recommended chicken wings for myself. To be completely honest I was a little hesitant to order chicken wings because I would never think that a place like Margaritaville would be known for their wings but boy was I PLEASANTLY surprised after entrusting in this waiter's recommendation. The chicken wings are HANDS DOWN the BEST in Destin!!!!! My wife and the kids were very satisfied with their choices as well but these chicken wings is what has inspired me to write this review. I would highly recommend you ask for Tyson when you visit this place. Not only did he give us 5 star attentive service but his knowledge of food as well as his humor made our family experience a great and entertaining one! Do yourself a favor and try their Chicken wings! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Marino32569
CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Destin, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Marino32569 - Wow! Thank you! We are so happy you and your family finally made a trip to Margaritaville and had a fantastic visit. It's great to hear Tyson took such great care of you and you loved the wings. We can't wait to have you back!

Margaritaville Management Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,343)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Got to preface this review by stating I am not a fan of Margaritville Restaraunts or many of their gimmicky properties. But this Destin location stands alone.

Spent a week in Emerald Grande and while there we experienced tad bit of really inclimate weather. Somehow, we floated into the one place I did not care to visit: Margaritaville. Suffice it to say, it became one our favorite watering holes for entire trip ( honestly not much water was consumed).

As a previous review mentioned, we did initially encounter a bit of bad customer service. Its a newer staff and there may be two bad apples to prune. That said, the experience became exceptional. The staff is wonderful. The questionable customer service was dismissed ( not an easy thing for me to do) and we wound up making some truely great memories.

Do yourself a favor and visit this location. Enjoy the phenominal views, drinks and music and get lost for a while in Margaritaville.

Anf Finally, HUGE, HUGE props to GM Flavio Yepo. Sir, you will never be forgotten.

CourtneyGuestService, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Destin, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Patrick C - We are so happy you ended up wandering in to give us a try! We are thrilled we became one of your favorite spots on your vacation due to our fantastic drinks and service. Your comments will be shared with the team and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stopped in late afternoon on a week day. Restaurant was fairly empty, so being seated quickly wasn't an issue. Drink orders were taken, and food orders were taken within a reasonable amount of time. Table service wasn't bad, and our waitress was friendly enough.

I had sticker shock looking at the menu...the appetizers cost as much as a regular meal at other local restaurants! No one in our party ordered any alcoholic drinks, and our bill was pretty high for just four of us. Nothing on the menu was really extraordinary at first glance; just your normal type dishes. Two in our party ordered the chicken quesadillas - which were tasty, but nothing to write home about. One person ordered the tacos (pork and steak) which were again nothing spectacular. I ordered the black grouper - good fish, but nothing amazing.

Like many of these types of places in the area, you're paying for the novelty and the brand name...not so much the food quality or service. I wouldn't add this to my "must-eat" list.

KLB1182 - Thank you for your visit and your detailed feedback about our menu items. We apologize for failing to exceed your expectations and will address your comments to make sure we fix that on your next visit.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This place rocks! I have been to other Margaritaville restaurants, stores, casinos and hotel properties around the country with some good and some bad BUT the Destin experience was unlike no other. It all started with the outstanding staff led by General Manager Flavio Yepo. The crew there is professional, attentive and having fun and this all starts at the top with Flavio and flows down all the way to the customers. The atmosphere was electric, fun and exciting. You can spend hours looking at your surroundings taking in the nautical décor, Jimmy Buffett lifestyle and enjoying the views from all three decks. View Destin Harbor and the boats passing by from the lower deck with the water at your feet when all the glass doors wide open and the Gulf of Mexico from the upper deck with amazing sunsets. The food was outstanding. It was the best I have ever had at Margaritaville! To top it all off, there is live music and that band was awesome. I guarantee you will walk out of Margaritaville Destin with a smile on your face and memories to last a lifetime

1  Thank Douglas C

Douglas C - Wow! Thank you! We appreciate you and all your trips to Margaritaville. We are honored to know this visit was one of your favorites. We hope to see you back with us in paradise soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch on a Sunday afternoon, surprised to find it was not crowded on such a beautiful day, especially since Harborwalk was packed. Let me just suffice it to say that from the hostess' attitude upon walking in, to waiting a very long time for the check, it was the Worst $50 experience I've ever had in Destin.

1  Thank SusanAnn1184