“Good hotel in Sandestin, fair value”

Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Destin
Houston, TX
“Good hotel in Sandestin, fair value”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I make it a point to stay at Hilton properties because they consistently offer a good experience.

This Hampton Inn was fair, not great but not bad either. My daughter and her boyfriend stayed here.

The rooms were comfortable and quiet,

The breakfast area and lobby were kept very clean and the food was good

We enjoyed the pool several times as well.

For what you pay and the location, it's a good value

You are very close to the beach (1/2 mile) and right next to an outlet mall and movie theater

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
krsmith81, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you Camtex27 for sharing your stay. Your information will assist our team as we continue to improve. It is our hope that your next stay will exceed your expectations!

Keith Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a two night stay at this hotel.When we arrived I did not notice that when you CLOSED the bathroom door it made the most AWFUL noise.I went down to the lobby to alert them but was unable to find anyone at the desk.So we had to let the door open all night.The next day we went out,and upon returning tried to flush the toilet.Oh my goodness!!It took many tries to get the water to go down,I called front desk and they sent up a very nice man who put in a new float valve(or something like that) and said it was fixed.I then went to double check..Nothing had changed.Called front desk again.He returned and used a plunger etc.He and I,looked inside the tank.4 inches of water is NOT enough to cause the water to be flushed.I made light of it and said even I had solved the problem.The alarm clock light was not working.Lastly the room number on the phone was for a room on the lower floor.Upon leaving I gave the young lady at the desk a hand written list of these problems. I only hope that they correct these before the next person stays there.I am a Hilton Honors Gold member an this hotel is not worth the high price they charge.Do hope they stand by their no pay guarantee policy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank queenjulianne
Greetings queenjulianne,

Please allow me to thank you for sharing your stay. Our goal is to exceed your expectations while you are our guest. While your experience is not typical at our property, we have taken your information to heart. Our entire team will work to ensure that your experience is not duplicated.

As you know, we stand behind our 100% satisfaction guarantee and hope that we may be your host on your next visit to Destin.

Safe journeys,
Jackson Tennessee
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is a nice hotel for a few nights, the rooms are a bit small, but the bed was so so comfortable. The place is located behind an Ihop and was a bit hard to find. The hotel breakfast was really good. Did not make it to the beach but was told its best to drive and not attempt to walk. Awesome Designer Outlet Mall across the street. Staff was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
krsmith81, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Destin-Sandestin, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We agree! The Cloud Nine bed by Hampton is a dream! Thank you for your review.

Safe travels,
Sedona, Arizona, United States
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Great Hotel nice front desk and amazingly comfortable room!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your review Michael P! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Destin!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times. My family and I visited in February both times and it was great. We wanted to be close to both the outlet mall and the beach. I was very pleased with the staff, price and the accommodations. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Traveler0703
Thank you for sharing your experience! We look forward to your next visit to Destin.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed in suite 321 last week. I love the studio suites: they are such a large space, really space to move about. I prefer studio suites over suites with a separate living & sleeping area.

The hotel just completed a renovation of their lobby: beautiful fabrics on the modern furniture. We loved the mirrors that are in the elevator lobbies on the floors: a large mirror surrounded by small mirrors. My mom, aunt & I took a cool photo in this mirror!

Breakfast is the breakfast served at all Hamptons: waffles, oatmeal & a few hot items. There is so much variety.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a studio suite. 321 is right next to the stairs, which I prefer to go down.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ross G
This is how it should feel! Thank you for sharing and we hope to see you soon!!
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Hotel was clean, well maintained and staff was pleasant. The breakfast is not worth eating, doesn't taste good. I don't know how to make waffles and eggs taste bad but the ones at this hotel are really that bad. The lady that works the breakfast area is very nice and does a good job. It is the quality of the food that needs to improve. I notified management of this issue a month ago, but no change has been made. I will purchase donuts from The Donut Hole and bring them in for breakfast in the future.

Hotel has a nice pool area with small water feature which would look nice in photos. Towels are conveniently located inside of the door to the hotel.

The location is convenient to outlets (across the street). This hotel is not close enough to the beach access to walk, too far. The hotel told me that I could use a shuttle which would drop me off at a public beach near a bar. I would use my car to go instead to insure a good location and tranportation back to the hotel would be easier too.

Bed was kind of hard and this prevented me from sleeping well.

No equipment in exercise room at this time. Maybe they will open this area in the future.

In March, I made a reservation for Whirlpool Tub but did not receive it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southside may have a distant (small) view of Gulf. Room on north side have view of wat...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As you have mentioned, our whirlpool tubs have been removed from the guest rooms. These rooms have been renovated and remain a king suite.

Rest assured that your information regarding the breakfast items has not been forgotten. We are working with our food vendors to improve the quality and have had several compliments on the changes already in place. We will continue to work with our vendors to improve.

Your feedback is vital to our success and we appreciate your business. Safe journeys and we hope to see you soon.