“Very nice staff!”

Majestic Sun at Seascape Resort
Ranked #13 of 55 Specialty Lodging in Destin
“Very nice staff!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The beach was over crowed and the one bedrooms are nice but dark and felt more like a hotel room than condo. The staff was the best and pools are very nice and clean. The beach had way to many people and they almost make you have to rent beach chairs. Would not come back do to the beaches

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is our second year staying at the Majestic Sun. Last year we stayed on the seventh floor of the "A" building. This year we stayed in unit 610 of the "B" building. Both condos were pretty much the same: same layout, same amenities, same view... very nice! I really liked 610B as the condo had JUST been remodeled! The beds were quite comfortable. I like the pool area very much. Every morning I got up early and staked out a prime spot on the lovely beach.

The Majestic Sun is within easy walking distance of a nice coffee shop, burger joint, winery, several t-shirt shops, and various other tourist friendly businesses. There is a Winn Dixie grocery store just a mile away (turning left out of the parking lot) so we loaded up on groceries and spent the vacation NOT EATING OUT. :) I definitely plan on returning to these condos! Cheers.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kerstan C
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This condo is directly on the beach. It was very clean with a comfortable bed. We stayed in 209b. There were too many door codes to remember and the front desk man was not helpful at all. The Wyndham staff was great though! Would highly recommend. Was cheaper than area hotels.

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Well the location is awesome and we paid about $150 extra per night for a Gulf Front room. The room itself was very clean and well furnished. The view was beautiful. The pool and hot tubs were clean and very refreshing. Now the downside. For $300 a night I expect more then two half rolls of toilet paper in each bathroom and more then one garbage bag for the trash can and more then one pack of dish cleaner. There is actually no service to call for assistance unless its an emergency. The biggest issue I had was the noise. The main bedroom faces the open hall/walkway and our room was by the elevator, so all night long we heard the elevated as it stopped on our floor and the conversations in the walkway. Being woken up at 3:30 or 5:00 every morning from loud talking and laughing is really no fun, especially on vacation. One morning the people above us were so loud they woke my entire family up at 7:30 am with what sounded like the walls and ceiling coming down. This went on for well over 40 minutes. Since there was no one on site to call and register a complaint to, I had to go up myself and tell them to stop being so darn loud, not something I like to do at home, let alone while on vacation. There is 24 hour security, but we had no number to use to contact them. To be honest, in March we stayed at a Hampton Inn on the Gulf and for the price I was much happier with THAT stay then I was with this one. For $187 per night I had the same view and clean towels and fresh toilet paper every day...

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank CWat1260
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This was our first trip to the area. We stayed in 813 and it was very nice and decorated well. One bonus that I liked was the tile floors in the unit. We used southern vacation rentals and they were great. We had towels, linens, and dish washing detergent and soap along with extra trash bags. We loved the beach the water and waves were perfect for small children and I could see my feet in the water. One con was the road that you had to cross and the fact that they line up the beach service in the prime front row area that you then have to pay for. We have rented units in other beach towns and this by far was the best.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Andrea T
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

This is the 1st time I've ever stayed here. I came for a dear friends wedding & wasn't sure what to expect. The Majestic Sun is a great place to stay for its location, amenities (pools, fitness, golf), relation to the beach, & because I'm here in April (the off-season), the value for money has been WELL WORTH IT. My condo was room 1012A & it was clean, nicely decorated, & the view of the gulf is spectacular. Because I was here for my friends wedding, I had the priveledge of touring her room 1014A & it was even larger, cleaner, & more elegantly decorated, with the same spectacular view. I would definitely come back & stay here again! April is very pleasant because you can enjoy the sun, beach, & pools, but without exuberant pricing & abundant crowds of people. It lends for a quieter, more relaxed opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. It's worth coming here, at least once, to experience for yourself. :)

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank BamaSnowGirl
Chicago
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family consists of two adults and two small boys (2 and 4). We decided a week before leaving that a spring break vacation was needed. We booked unit 503A at Majestic Sun mostly because it was one of the few rentals still available at that time anywhere in the area The building itself is well maintained and the staff that we did interact with was always pleasant. The location across from the beach made for fabulous views and very easy trips to the sand and water with small children. Despite there being a busy two lane road in front of the building, we did not find that it was too noisy to sit out on the balcony day or night. Parking is connected via a walkway on the 3rd level. Even with it being spring break we did not have any issues finding parking. 3rd level is not covered parking but the 1st two levels are. Parking was available on all levels. The pool area was clean never so crowded we couldn't spread out and play. Water was comfortably heated, thankfully, since it was not very warm during our visit. Part of the pool is indoor and the other part outdoor. Our particular unit, was a cute two bedroom. The cleaning staff had done a great job upon our arrival and the unit was well stocked in the kitchen and even included minimal laundry and dishwashing soap. The walls had some scratches to the paint, the carpet was stained and one of the electrical socket covers was broken. These things did NOT ruin our vacation although it would possibly prevent me from staying in this particular unit again. Great location, nice building, average unit. We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family