“Best seafood in Destin”

Ranked #40 of 312 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Best seafood I've ever had, even better than Captain Anderson's in Panama City Beach, which is my favorite all time restaurant. Our server, Casey, was great, too. My wife's steak (ribeye) was unbelievable as well. It didn't take long for the food to get to the table, and the view of the sunset was spectacular. A MUST when looking for good food in Destin.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,089)

Reviewed November 21, 2010

Arrived on a Sunday night in November...called ahead and was told no reservations were needed. Arrived at 6:20 and had to wait 20 minutes to be seated for a party of 5. Server was quick to take our drink orders and appetizer, but waited a long time to come back with the drinks. Finally asked about the appetizer - she then had it out immediately, and the plate was scorching hot - obviously forgotten under the heat lamp.
Food portions were large and tasty, however the grilled shrimp which were butterflied still had the "vein" and were not cleaned properly. Didn't want to make a big deal since I was with a group so I just cleaned them as I ate. My wife had fish Tacos which were good but delivered without the Pico de Gallo so had to ask for that and silverware. Overall, good food, but once was enough if that is the type food/service that is served.

Reviewed October 30, 2010

Everytime we vacation in Destin, I love to go to Pompano Joe's our first night. The fun, lively atomsphere is a great way to start our vacation. I always order the Grouper sandwich, it is the best! I can hardly wait to get back to Destin and Pompano Joe's!!

Reviewed October 15, 2010

Definitely one of the better restaurants in Destin...food is better than decent, service is not bad, but can be inconsistent...can't beat the open-air beachside atmosphere. I eat here every trip to Destin.

1  Thank zb
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Had the garlic grouper with the lobster creme sauce and it was wonderful. Gumbo also excellent. A must during a Destin visit.