“Beautiful view and delicious food”
Review of Pompano Joe's

Pompano Joe's
Ranked #20 of 314 Restaurants in Destin
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Pompano Joe's opened its doors in 1995 and quickly became known for their unique Caribbean style of seafood. Since then, it has become a destination restaurant for tourists and a favorite among the locals. The Caribbean flair shines through from our famous Reggae Rolls and Garlic Crusted Grouper to the brightly colored window frames that line the walls of our open-air restaurant. In 2013, we opened the second Pompano Joe's location at Pier Park in Panama City Beach, FL. When visiting Destin, South Walton or Panama City Beach, we hope you stop in and enjoy the great food, refreshing drinks and the best view on the Gulf Coast.
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

We are regulars at pompano joes. We love to order front the lunch specials menu. This way we are able to eat for under 30 which is great for a couple at the beach. The food is amazing. I love the coconut shrimp and reggae rolls. My hubby loves the pork sandwich. They were out of it today. He was kinda mad but tried the smoked tuna sandwich. He said it was great. Overall, pompanos is always a good choice.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,952)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am verrryyy picky when I go out to eat at a restaurant, that is why I barely do because I am disappointed a lot. I had the Grouper rueben and it was very well seasoned and moist, very happy with it and the coleslaw has a lot of flavor. The other person in my party had the blackened Grouper and he loved it! Only thing is I wish the vegetables were not frozen, but the other food was good. I would give five stars if the veggies were fresh.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Its hard to find any where truly on the water. While the food is a bit above average, the drinks and atmosphere are great and the place is fun and lively. The gumbo and fresh fish, as well as normal bar type foods make it a great place to go with families....yes, it's right on the water.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We were pretty upset about our meal here. My food was fine but hubby ordered a soup and asked what all was in it bc he doesn't eat pork. Turns out, it did have pork in it and the waitress just didn't know what she was talking about. He ended up having to order something else and we were still charged for both. This was very poor customer service so we probably won't be back. There is a nice beach view here though.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We make this a 'Must do' every trip. Love the atmosphere, lot's of choices and the location on the beach in Destin